Spool Flange results with 467

Just curious I have one on the way for the drag truck and a big single. Regulator makes good sense.

Right now mine is unregulated, and it creates enough drive pressure to open the gate, and the flange conveniently opens at the same time, causing the charger to surge. The boost gauge looks like a fuel pressure gauge with no snubber LOL I just gotta make the gate boost referenced, and I may put an orifice in the flange reference depending on how high drive pressure gets.

Right now mine is unregulated, and it creates enough drive pressure to open the gate, and the flange conveniently opens at the same time, causing the charger to surge. The boost gauge looks like a fuel pressure gauge with no snubber LOL I just gotta make the gate boost referenced, and I may put an orifice in the flange reference depending on how high drive pressure gets.

I've noticed mine surges too, around 20-25 psi or so. I think the flapper is cracking open a bit too soon.

I've noticed mine surges too, around 20-25 psi or so. I think the flapper is cracking open a bit too soon.

I think it opens, so boost falls off a little, so it closes, builds boost back up, then opens, etc...., and does all this super fast so the gauge actually rattles.

That combined with the gate opening at the same time because it's drive pressure referenced doesn't help.

If I'm hammering through it though I don't have an issue, just shoots to 60psi.

Last edited:
I think it opens, so boost falls off a little, so it closes, builds boost back up, then opens, etc...., and does all this super fast so the gauge actually rattles.

That combined with the gate opening at the same time because it's drive pressure referenced doesn't help.

Because race truck!

550-600. depends on if uphill or not. Of course, I just realized it was only 50* out today, but still a far drop from 700+

yea, when it surges, the boost gauge flutters like crazy lol.

I'm really not liking this 66/ spool flange combination on this truck. I don't know what the heck is wrong with this thing.

Yea... Well rest assured you have cooler cruising egts than my truck with more powaz!

550-600. depends on if uphill or not. Of course, I just realized it was only 50* out today, but still a far drop from 700+

Dude my cruising egts at 70 are like 900. Any throttle increase or hill and its 1200+:doh:

Last edited:
yea, when it surges, the boost gauge flutters like crazy lol.

I'm really not liking this 66/ spool flange combination on this truck. I don't know what the heck is wrong with this thing.

I'd love to look at your truck if you were closer. I still think your problem is simple, and once you figure it out we'll all slap ourselves.

Yea... Well rest assured you have cooler cruising egts than my truck with more powaz!

But your's is in 64x better shape than mine.

I'd love to look at your truck if you were closer. I still think your problem is simple, and once you figure it out we'll all slap ourselves.

But your's is in 64x better shape than mine.

64x huh?

Gotta be boost leaks or AFC related, or timing. Those temps are crazy.

I'm pretty sure I fixed the boost leaks. I may have an exhaust leak though. The timing could be a little high, I didnt have a precise way to set it, but I like how it runs so I'm not gonna change itLOL. I think I just need a smaller turbo lol. The he351 and s488 sitting in the shed should do the trick!:blahblah1:

I just dunno, maybe I just have way to much fuel for the setup. A wot launch to 100mph it will hit 1900 easy.

That could be it as well, but I doubt it. AFC all the way back and star wheel is as tight as can be? What spring in it? What injectors and dv's?

The spool flange will not fix issues with part throttle behavior of injectors or delivery valves. It will improve your part throttle egt pretty significantly as Mike has found out (as did I) but it will not make a sluggish 5x20 act like a 5x10.

Back