Spool Flange results with 467

I wish I had a flange, I'd thinking of a bit of ha ha gas to get my 67 going a bit faster. spool is very reasonable with the big DV's I have in right now, but my millage is sub 15 mpg even with a very tight afc.

I was cruising down the highway today, 2000rpm, ~80mph and bout 6lbs of boost.

I do love this turbo, but I miss 1000-1700 rpm

I'm trying to remember what it was like before the spool flange. It's in my other thread thats just about the charger. I don't remember it being too bad. I grossed 18k from ok city to tennessee to new york with it LOL

I don't drive it as much right now, still just a weekend toy and hauler, but last tank was 15mpg. That was a trip to dallas, then later in the day taking the trailer to pick up a friends truck off the intersate, with 2 hours of idle time while loading the truck.

Still have a lot of problem solving to do, but I've been procrastinating for the last 4 months. The gate still opens WAAAYYYY to early, and I think I have boost leaks again. Plus a TON of smoke pre-boost. And for some reason, the DP gauge quit registering.

Still spooling better than ever, and started running WMO again now that it's warming up.

Last edited:
DP gauge probably plugged with soot. You need a particulate trap or only hook up DP gauge when you change something in your setup to see how it affects DP. I chose the second option on mine, left the gauge on the truck and the tubing into the engine bay, just unhooked it at the manifold until I want to check it again someday.

Yeah, already got a trap. Probably going to plug it off though just to rule out any extra boost/drive leaks, and use it for testing like you said.

I don't drive it as much right now, still just a weekend toy and hauler, but last tank was 15mpg. That was a trip to dallas, then later in the day taking the trailer to pick up a friends truck off the intersate, with 2 hours of idle time while loading the truck.

Still have a lot of problem solving to do, but I've been procrastinating for the last 4 months. The gate still opens WAAAYYYY to early, and I think I have boost leaks again. Plus a TON of smoke pre-boost. And for some reason, the DP gauge quit registering.

Still spooling better than ever, and started running WMO again now that it's warming up.

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get a feel for if I could make this a dd turbo for my 12v. But I would have to have a few more mpgs than that. :lolly:

Last edited:
God what I would give to see ppump mileage again. You guys sadden me...

With the spool flange on my truck I usually net 15 mpg city and 19 on the highway with my Pro71. My truck is a manual with a tight AFC as well. The flange absolutely makes the truck a dream to drive. Cruising I usually have 8 lbs of drive and 4 lbs of boost at 19-2000 rpms. Playing around I can get it to light around 2100 rpm.

The flange really does help in the 1500 - 2000 rpm range while daily driving. In my case anyway.

With the spool flange on my truck I usually net 15 mpg city and 19 on the highway with my Pro71. My truck is a manual with a tight AFC as well. The flange absolutely makes the truck a dream to drive. Cruising I usually have 8 lbs of drive and 4 lbs of boost at 19-2000 rpms. Playing around I can get it to light around 2100 rpm.

The flange really does help in the 1500 - 2000 rpm range while daily driving. In my case anyway.

what dimentions on that turbo? I would assume it would light a tad faster.

Im thinking of trying something in the 75-80mm with a flange...but that may be a bit ambitious

My new setup has been getting 10-11... its like I cant help but drive the crap out of it LOL

The most I've ever seen out of my vp now is 17. That's max...
The old 12v was 20-21 if driven nicely.

Back