Started the Twins

If you have pipe that welds good and the pieces butt together without a gap there is no need to use extra rod with a tig, just fuse the two pieces together.

If you can make the ends match as close as possible of the cold pipe and tig them together it makes for one nice pipe after you powder coat it. Good info and pictures in this thread but like the others I need the web site too for the pieces.

Jim

This is where I bought all my pipes and flanges from:

Very nice welding! You got me beat!

http://racepartssolutions.com/products.asp?cat=47

Twins005.jpg

Twins004.jpg

FYI:
Rips mount will not work in a Ford since it mounts to the stock dodge motor mounts.

Is the HX40 v-band just your run of the mill 4" v-band? Is it measured at the OD of the flange, or by the ID of the flange/pipe size?

Heres the filter I'm goint to try and use. 12" x 7.25 w/6" opening

scot

Attachments

• DSC01743.bmp
    539.2 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC01744.bmp
    578.5 KB · Views: 297
That might have been easier to fit than my 5" x 18" AFE...but I got it in there with the single. Should be easier with the twins!

Chris

Looks great. Your welds are unbeleivable. Are you going to ditch the pside battery? If so I dont see it being a problem. If you plan on keeping it it will be very tight. The last set I built I used 3.5" tube. It doesn't seem like much but that little bit helped room wise.

Awesome job, can't wait to see that set up in person. Are you going to be at Spring Fling?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to Jet Hot mine or not, any suggestions?

Well, got the twins in the truck to build a intake & intercooler tube. Ran into a couple of problems, How important is the firewall insulation ? , my hot pipe is up against it.

scot

Threads + Pictures + Twins =:woohoo: x 10

Great job by the way. those look great, top notch.

Eventually when I get my twins finished I am going to also build an intake manifold like Joe Hellmann's and have that, the twins piping and valve covers chromed at a place betweem Abiline and Snyder that I go by to see my ex gf/gf lol.

I think you guys should get it all chromed :)

Back