Streetable Big Twins

What kind of fuel are we looking at? Obviously dual CP3s but what size sticks? Also what company makes a nice set of twins for these trucks? I know about MPI and Wicked Diesels and both those seem nice.

I would say an S363 over s480 is a wicked all around setup, I just did that setup on an 06 and I tuned with efilive. 120hp nozzles, 85% cp3. It lights extremely quick and pulls hard all the way through to the big end running low 1350 egts pegged, running max safe pulsewidth with those nozzles.

That does sound like a wicked little setup. Probably has a bit more cfm than the 62 and a tad more spool friendly than the 64. Anyone have input as for turbo suppliers since I'm looking to possibly build a kit myself if I can do it for a reasonable amount. Not looking for $10k BB Garretts or anything stupid just maybe a touch above off the shelf stock.

That does sound like a wicked little setup. Probably has a bit more cfm than the 62 and a tad more spool friendly than the 64. Anyone have input as for turbo suppliers since I'm looking to possibly build a kit myself if I can do it for a reasonable amount. Not looking for $10k BB Garretts or anything stupid just maybe a touch above off the shelf stock.

Taylor Manning aka TMONEY

go with an fmw 62, awesome turbo for a good price with the .84 gated t4 housing, i imagine it would be perfect over an 80 or a 78

FMW? Sorry I'm dumb I've heard of BatMoWheels but not the FMW one. Have to talk to TMONEY and see what he says.

Thanks! Pretty excited to really start getting everything sorted out. Sure wish the money was coming in quicker haha.

I towed with a 75mm/106mm setup on a Duramax recently, and had to keep the rpm above 2500rpm to see any boost. As long as rpm was up, it didn't tow that bad though.

As far as 11s go, 10lb per every 1hp (as in 6500lb, 650rwhp) should give you a good run at it.

Thanks JQ. Hadn't seen that math before but I like it. So shooting for around 800 or so would be right for me then. Damn you money tree...GROW!!!!!!

63/68 over a s478/92 1.25 would get you what you want spool and hp wise, plus it'll fulfill your need of having something a little better than regular off the shelf borgs

RonA did almost 750whp on a 64/71/16 75/83/1.1 with a p-pump, and reported that it was great to drive and towed well.

JSP has done 1060whp 64/71/13 80/96/1.32.

Some of you are crazy on what you have listed for chargers.

Any build thread for JSP's truck? I mainly want to see spool characteristics between the 64/480 and 62/480 combos with all other things being equal. I am at about 1800ft elevation right now but once I get ouf of the military and move back to AK I will be at sea level. So I can handle a small amount of lag due to elevation just not a set that spools at like 2400 RPM

Any build thread for JSP's truck? I mainly want to see spool characteristics between the 64/480 and 62/480 combos with all other things being equal. I am at about 1800ft elevation right now but once I get ouf of the military and move back to AK I will be at sea level. So I can handle a small amount of lag due to elevation just not a set that spools at like 2400 RPM

JSP = username Joesixpack search it, there are lots of threads about his truck.

RonA did almost 750whp on a 64/71/16 75/83/1.1 with a p-pump, and reported that it was great to drive and towed well.

JSP has done 1060whp 64/71/13 80/96/1.32.

Some of you are crazy on what you have listed for chargers.

Internet fads have lead most to believe that a 64/S480 set of twins is needed on almost every application. In my opinion turbocharger sizing is the most grossly overinflated area of misconstrued opinions being tossed around on the forums.

Internet fads have lead most to believe that a 64/S480 set of twins is needed on almost every application. In my opinion turbocharger sizing is the most grossly overinflated area of misconstrued opinions being tossed around on the forums.

I'm running a 62/65/12 and a S476, and tow quite a bit. I don't ever wish I had anything bigger. Unless headwork, etc has been done, I'm not sure I'd want to tow and daily drive running more than 65 - 70 psi boost anyway if I wanted to make sure I was going to be home for dinner on time every night. My "little" twins and tuning will be every bit of the 750 hp you need.

Agreed...part of the reason I went with a 57mm/71mm setup on my 12-valve.

I want the power available and don't want to do it again by going too small initially and getting the itch later

Its going to happen; that's why we created the For Sale section. LOL

Size em for your 750 goal. It will be a whole lot more fun if you do.

That's always true....I think with enough fuel I could get the 62/480 spooling decent just I know the wifey once it done once haha...she went through 4 turbos on the old truck and wasn't pleased...I think her words after the last one were "why didn't you do that to do begin with?" haha....

Back