Streetable Big Twins

Your really missing the point, why do you think you require an 88/96mm 1.32AR on the primary for 750hp?

Because I ran a 475 as a single on my last truck I guess I wasn't thinking of it as being that big and because I know me and know I will probably eventually want the 480. But I guess I should err on the small side so I don't get stuck with a super laggy setup

Okay clarify in the Cummins community what you all mean by s400, where I come from that is a type of turbo frame with the last two numbers signifying compressor wheel size.

S400 is the "frame size", and people here commonly call them s4xx where xx indicates compressor inducer size. The thing you're missing is there's more to a turbocharger than just its compressor inducer size. A lot more.....

just wasn't sure since I had an s464 and an s475 so I didn't get what s400 was in reference to. School NE yo on turbos and what choice would be appropriate for me if you would. I'm willing to Learn..

Secondary: 63/68mm T3 0.80AR
Primary: S476 82/92mm T6 1.10AR

Would I go through ED or FI for those sizes? Also know anyone running that setup that I could get real world feedback from? Just asking since I haven't seen anyone run those sizes., also what kind of power would those support?

Would I go through ED or FI for those sizes? Also know anyone running that setup that I could get real world feedback from? Just asking since I haven't seen anyone run those sizes., also what kind of power would those support?

I've always had much better service out of Forced Induction.

Sent from Razr Maxx

The other reason I'm being so inquisitive is I'm new to custom turbo stuff. The turbos that I ran were all Borg off the shelf stuff except my S475 had a race cover but other than that standard stuff. No one explained all the multiple wheel combos and what not so I'm learning. Thanks for all the help.

Homewrecker how is the spool/overall driveability of your setup? Also have you gotten the chance to dyno it or take it to the track?

Both chargers listed are box units with different turbine housings.

Mine and Homewrecker's signatures aside, I'd call em both.

I've never run FI, I have nothing bad to say about em; lots of guys on here are real happy with their stuff.

ED has treated me well and I've been happy with em. Gone above and beyond many times to take care of me.

Point being: don't let anyone on here, myself included, make your decision. Like many things in a diesel parts category, its kind of become somewhat of a gang mentality regarding who's colors you fly.
Call em both, talk through it with em, get an impression of their service and pricing and make your decision.

Remember, after you buy you're committed to the color pom-poms you shake in any turbo thread around here. :cheer: :hehe:

Edit: That Smokem guy also knows a thing or two, for the record. :D

Last edited:
Haha. I like the pompom reference. I will be giving them both a shot for sure. Having a stock truck is boring...

Lol I stole my turbo's off of other things, what does that make me?

Second class. :poke: LOL

Your pom poms are rust and soot colored. You feel anyone that pays for new product is foolish. As most of your parts are acquired from the junk yard, you could be Fat Albert and the rest of your kind the Cosby Kids. :hehe:

Second class. :poke: LOL

Your pom poms are rust and soot colored. You feel anyone that pays for new product is foolish. As most of your parts are acquired from the junk yard, you could be Fat Albert and the rest of your kind the Cosby Kids. :hehe:

Are you implying I'm a big sh!t lol and the rest are lil sh!ts. Grandpa always told me only suckers pay retail

Any dunno sheets showing what the 63/76 combo will do?

Couldn't find the sheet, but I summarized below;

I dunno think you know there are two different 68mm turbine wheels for the S300.

I dunno think you know the difference between the different S400 turbine wheels and how their differences effect power and streetability.

I dunno why you think you need 62/S480 twins.

I dunno why you don't take good advice.

I dunno why sometimes I bother to try and help.

Lol...my bad for not checking the spelling and my phone did not have dyno in its dictionary. I am not questioning your suggestion I am asking for video or dyno sheets showing what the potential of that combination is.

Back