The someday 2.6 truck build

Thanks guy's, things are going to be slow for a couple weeks. The body shop is hoping to have everything done next Friday, then on to wiring and plumbing.

I hear ya there! I'm going to run W/S again this year, but hoping to move up to 2.6 next year.

Mines been sitting with a blown head gasket since November. It's about time to start tearing it down. I hope I'll see you guys this summer.

I hear ya there! I'm going to run W/S again this year, but hoping to move up to 2.6 next year.

I should have just built a work stock truck, it might have been done by now.:hehe:

Mines been sitting with a blown head gasket since November. It's about time to start tearing it down. I hope I'll see you guys this summer.

It's finally starting to get nice out, better get to work. :woohoo:

Well between UPS, FedEx and USPS a bunch of parts came today.
The last of the motor parts came. Thanks CSnyder, the end of that puzzle. LOL
AAE1BF09-C6A6-491D-8874-3E92419BD752.jpg

The rest of the parts for the A/W plumbing.
F4720BF7-25D8-4D28-A9E8-D9C1A97D4D07.jpg

Last but not least a hood stack kit from Grand Rock, didn't feel like unpackageing it. If the body shop holds true to their words, I might have a truck by this time next week. It's about damn time. :bang

Get the truck back yet?

Nope, we got a foot of snow on the 18th and they got a ton of wrecks in so I got bumped. I can't really complain too much it's only a 2 man shop, they are doing my work cheap and insurance work pays the bills.

Looking good. Keep at it I've been working on mine for years now and I'll tell you this much, its never done. Lol.

Small update, body is finished and waiting on me to finish a couple small details on the motor. My extra time to work on this damn thing is almost nothing with work, kids and other things. Had a wedding in Harrold SD on Saturday, put almost 1100 miles on the mega cab but came home and this was waiting for me.
DF738E8C-3519-4CE4-A5D8-D11BFBC82605.jpg

Shiny things put a smile on my face. LOL Keating Machine makes great parts.

Last edited:
Would you hurry up already? LOL

The cab and box are sitting on the frame, the guy's at the shop are going to hang the rest on. I am hoping to get the truck back Monday.
8DEC0CF8-0861-46DA-BEF1-4A8B00E1A96C.jpg

16816B24-66BB-477F-B4C9-EB43C5D04147.jpg

It does still need to be wet sanded and buffed, but I am going to wait until I am done with all the fab work.

Back