The someday 2.6 truck build

Yeah it's a double 45. I have pressure tested it, it's more looks than anything I think. It's 3.5" pipe I don't think I will have a restriction problem. But I guess idk. What do the masses think?

Looks like a lot of piping for something that could have been done with half that amount.

There are 3 of those sharp bends that I wouldn't like on mine (intake and on either side of the intercooler that are harder to see). Those could have been done with 90s easier.

If it were me I would have put a v-band on the intercooler and then silicone boots on the longer strait runs where you could clamp it better.

Just my $0.02

Sucks that it didn't work out to get a hook in 2014.

Looks like a lot of piping for something that could have been done with half that amount.

There are 3 of those sharp bends that I wouldn't like on mine (intake and on either side of the intercooler that are harder to see). Those could have been done with 90s easier.

If it were me I would have put a v-band on the intercooler and then silicone boots on the longer strait runs where you could clamp it better.

Just my $0.02

Sucks that it didn't work out to get a hook in 2014.

Yeah I have been thinking about those sharp bends and the more I look at them the more I hate them. I have the winter to get everything fixed up a bit, so I guess I need 3 more 90's. It hurts a little I didn't get it going for this year, but it is what it is.

Not much to update here, it's been a rough winter so far. My wife broke her leg just before Christmas and we didn't have a handicapped accessible bathroom on our main level. So I have been busy remodelling our main floor bath.
Before:
769101F0-2DD6-4029-AF4E-605D04009B46.jpg

After:
6EA969BD-462C-4058-A3C7-DA83B0A68193.jpg

There is still a few finishing touches to do, but it's useable. I am guessing I will spend the lion share of the next 2 months trying to finish the rest of what we have planned to do. One more bathroom remodel to do and she also want's to redesign the kitchen as well.:bang

Very nice build. I've been building my truck for 3 years someday we'll get to enjoy all our hard work. Good luck

I've been watching your build since you started, gotta say you've got the truck looking great. Even though it's a lot more money it's much more rewarding to build a truck from the ground up as opposed to buying one rolling. In my opinion anyway.

I've been watching your build since you started, gotta say you've got the truck looking great. Even though it's a lot more money it's much more rewarding to build a truck from the ground up as opposed to buying one rolling. In my opinion anyway.

I agree but it would be a lot more cost effective and quicker to buy one already done. But I never go the easy route. I am also positive that if I bought a runner I would cut it apart and change a bunch of things anyway so the cost would be the same anyway.:bang:hehe:

I agree but it would be a lot more cost effective and quicker to buy one already done. But I never go the easy route. I am also positive that if I bought a runner I would cut it apart and change a bunch of things anyway so the cost would be the same anyway.:bang:hehe:

Ha you and me both. I bought my 90 half way built tore it apart and did my way. I enjoy things more after I put it together and worked hard on it. Longer it takes for a dream to come true makes it all that more worth it in when it does. Lol

Thanks for the kind words guys, now just one more bathroom and the kitchen to remodel and then I will get her wrapped up!!

Nice build!!! I myself have started one this winter. Just about got it down to frame but no heated shop and South Dakota winters kinda suck. Hopping to have mine ready in 2 to 20 years.

Sent from my recliner but naked eating Cheetos

I just thought I would up date this to say there won't be any for quite some time to come, I hurt my shoulder a week ago... Just saw Dr Cummins LOL ( not a joke that is his name ) and I am going in Thursday for a major repair, 3 tears in my rotator cuff and my bicep tendon is torn as well. So much for this summer...

Well **** Don. That sucks. Honestly if you want me to come up for a weekend or come grab the truck I will put the time in and get it done for you.

I appreciate the offer Jeff, sounds like this is going to be a 3-4 month recovery so the odds of being able to even drive it this year are slim to none. There really isn't a ton left to do, I am hoping in a month or so I can put some one arm time in to keep me sane. On a positive note I have been fighting this shoulder for over a year and I am glad this is going to come to a end. I guess what I am saying is I am trying to find the silver lining in this black cloud... LOL

Back