The someday 2.6 truck build

Small update, doors and fenders are hung. Went to put the hood on and the damn hinges I had were sprung, new ones came in today. I am hoping to have her ready for the hook in Glenwood City WI on the 18th, but I still have a ton to do once I get it back from the body shop.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any updates? Have been able to get it out and hook yet!

No, between work and family it's still in the same spot as the last pic I posted. I am hoping for the Pine County Fair on the 30th but it's going to be tough, the wife informed me we are leaving Wednesday night and not coming home until Sunday so this weekend is shot in the a$#. But I think the break is needed, all I have been doing is working and not seeing the family much.

I hear ya, I've only made 3 pull's this year! Summer's are so busy. I am planning on going to the Pine county fair pull.

Well not going to make Pine County, just got a call from the guy building my A/W piping. The company I bought my intercooler pipe from sent half 3.5" and half 4", so maybe in 1-4 business days I should have the correct pipe. Thanks customer service.
FML.
I am beginning to wonder if this thing is ever going to get finished.:bang *bdh*
Guess it's time to :chug:

If you can get by with 3.5" I have a bunch. I'm working from home tomorrow so I could buzz over to Mora and meet you there.

I could also find you some 4" too. Let me know what you need.

Last edited:
If you can get by with 3.5" I have a bunch. I'm working from home tomorrow so I could buzz over to Mora and meet you there.

I could also find you some 4" too. Let me know what you need.

Got tracking info after I posted, I should have it close of buisness tomorrow. I do appreciate it sir.

Any updates looks like a great build

Well...
A few things have gotten accomplished, all that is left is to wiring and a little plumbing and a ring and pinion swap. I still haven't fired the engine yet, but I have all winter to get any problems worked out. I am a little disappointed it never made a hook this year but it just wasn't in the cards. Thanks Bob, it has been about a 2 year process building this thing. I found out if you don't have a unlimited budget and you are doing 90% of the work yourself along with other projects things just take time.
65826CD5-A21C-4CE2-9050-84344E81D0CB.jpg

7F2675F3-467D-46D6-B27D-137B7F4D4ADA.jpg

I am not extremely happy with how the intercooler plumbing came out, one of the things I hired out. Does anyone know how much hood to engine clearance there is at the first valve cover? Not sure if the elbow at the runner intake will clear with out a body lift.
73005887-2D21-4D98-953F-651F623B41D6.jpg

This is my brother in law's 1999 I put a small set of twins on this winter, just finally got it dialled in last weekend after it got out of the body shop. He used the same body shop as I did, they do a great job they are just slow.

Was that where the BDs went?

Yes sir, they work great on a VP truck with 7X16 injectors and a Edge box. The truck is actually pretty impressive, it fuels extremely hard down low. Good enough anyway that I am pretty sure the "built trans" the came in the truck when he bought it is about ready to exit stage left after only 3 days.LOL

Yeah that pipeing looks like hell. Especially the joint at the intake WTF were they thinking.

Yeah that pipeing looks like hell. Especially the joint at the intake WTF were they thinking.

Man I don't know, when ever I hire something out I am never happy with the out come. I should have just been patient and done it myself, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be functional just kid of looks like chit. :soap::nail:

Better boost leak check that sucker a couple times...

Yeah the sharp 90° to the intake is REAL efficient.

Yeah it's a double 45. I have pressure tested it, it's more looks than anything I think. It's 3.5" pipe I don't think I will have a restriction problem. But I guess idk. What do the masses think?

Back