Truckers, lets see your rigs!

It's my dads. Turbocompound d13. Imagine what it will do in decent weather and when everything is broken in?

Oh it has a swaybar too on the front. Pretty neat.

If my dad bought a Volvo i would suggest finishing the transformation like Bruce Jenner.

The sway bar helps dampen the wobble from the rail container chassis. Those bias ply tires on Dayton’s wobble like a cartoon car when Leiffis extended family fail to tighten the wedges evenly.

Well off we go I suppose...
f9fc4fd8cd5e92e091709450fbfe37b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well off we go I suppose...
f9fc4fd8cd5e92e091709450fbfe37b7.jpg

Lmao I swear I heard you say your not pulling a hopper again. Next you’ll be wearing all Adidas and driving a Volvo like the Dearborn Michigan crew.

Lmao I swear I heard you say your not pulling a hopper again. Next you’ll be wearing all Adidas and driving a Volvo like the Dearborn Michigan crew.

In my defense, I’m not hauling ingredients! Lol

Anyone have any experience of Roadranger with torque converter ? Like RTLO-11118A-MT ? Why so low torque rating ? Because converter multiplier ratio or are they just weak ?

Anyone have any experience of Roadranger with torque converter ? Like RTLO-11118A-MT ? Why so low torque rating ? Because converter multiplier ratio or are they just weak ?
Interesting, never knew they made one.

Interesting, never knew they made one.

Kiwi from TTR board once said they had 10 speed with tc but it was some special, maybe locally made.

I found some Eaton literature about those factory made ones but they dont say how they work, for example clutch.

I just read something about them, essentially looked like torque conver took place of clutch in the design, and under certain parameters it would lock up and be direct like a clutch at that point.

I just read something about them, essentially looked like torque conver took place of clutch in the design, and under certain parameters it would lock up and be direct like a clutch at that point.

There is lockup clutch and what they call interrupter clutch which is like normal clutch I think. But seems like it is integrated with tc so I dont know how it is operated.

What’s the consensus on emodel Jakes that will start to lose cylinders towards the end of the day?
Solenoid getting weak? Possible leak?

It's been a while since I worked on them. They were a special use trans. I worked on them in Fertilizer Floaters. I heard that there were a few semi's with them but they were mainly in town delivery trucks.

Torque converter tied to a 18 speed trans is all it was. The interrupter clutch just unlocked the trans so you could shift it like you normally would if I remember correctly.

To run one in a floater, you would start out like you normally would and shift up to your desired field gear. Then when use the torque converter when slowing down for corners or headlands. Then rather than shifting, you could use the torque converter to get back up to speed without shifting gears.

Last I knew, it was hard to find parts for, or find anybody that would work on them.

The applications didn't require torque.

Last edited:
That's the only application I've encountered them in. Terrogator

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I worked on them. They were a special use trans. I worked on them in Fertilizer Floaters. I heard that there were a few semi's with them but they were mainly in town delivery trucks.

Torque converter tied to a 18 speed trans is all it was. The interrupter clutch just unlocked the trans so you could shift it like you normally would if I remember correctly.

To run one in a floater, you would start out like you normally would and shift up to your desired field gear. Then when use the torque converter when slowing down for corners or headlands. Then rather than shifting, you could use the torque converter to get back up to speed without shifting gears.

Last I knew, it was hard to find parts for, or find anybody that would work on them.

The applications didn't require torque.
OK then, would have been nice heavy hauler box if torque rating was higher. In Europe MAN is the only manufacturer at the moment who offer ZF torque converter box. Mercedes have Voith turbo clutch but I have heard they have some issues.

European trucks can’t start a heavy load without a torque converter or a computer to shift it?

Back