turbo upgrades?

Thanks for all the help acorn. With the 2nd gen manifold, 66 , other than exhaust changes, plumbing lines, what else is involved with this swap. Bet this would be a good time to free up some air on the drivers side of the block too. GHD, intake horn, etc.
:Cheer:

Now you're talking Dave!! Give Jaxon at Wild Card Customs a call, he's the man to deal with if you need GHD delete and intake horns...:rockwoot:

Thanks for all the help acorn. With the 2nd gen manifold, 66 , other than exhaust changes, plumbing lines, what else is involved with this swap. Bet this would be a good time to free up some air on the drivers side of the block too. GHD, intake horn, etc.
:Cheer:

That stuff isn't a must have, but it's nice. There are many good products, if you do some research

Now you're talking Dave!! Give Jaxon at Wild Card Customs a call, he's the man to deal with if you need GHD delete and intake horns...:rockwoot:

Thanks. Is there a diff. between WCC's and BOD's?? In performance i mean. Is there a good thread on GHD's??? Need to know if block heater alone is ok, rarely gets below 30 f here, but it does-maybe 7 or 8 day's out of the year.

You can't go wrong with pretty much any of the companies that offer the intake horns for the 6.7's, most of them are "smaller" shops with excellent customer service. SC does it's business with WCC but I have a stainless unit from Lovefab and I know Buck at BOD makes a nice piece too. Just pick your flavor..

I live in the FL panhandle and haven't had a grid heater in two years, truck has started without even a hitch at 10 degrees after sitting all weekend. I started plugging it in just to help my heater warm up sooner so I wouldn't have such a fridgid drive to work in the AM..

You can't go wrong with pretty much any of the companies that offer the intake horns for the 6.7's, most of them are "smaller" shops with excellent customer service. SC does it's business with WCC but I have a stainless unit from Lovefab and I know Buck at BOD makes a nice piece too. Just pick your flavor..

I live in the FL panhandle and haven't had a grid heater in two years, truck has started without even a hitch at 10 degrees after sitting all weekend. I started plugging it in just to help my heater warm up sooner so I wouldn't have such a fridgid drive to work in the AM..

sweet. thanks

look at Passenger intake horns... there suppose to be the latest and greatest for the 6.7L

look at Passenger intake horns... there suppose to be the latest and greatest for the 6.7L

Different. I'd like to see a comparison. Really probably just do the WCC's. Different note-----What is peak Drive Pressure at?? I'm gonna put a gauge on this weekend, but the only boost gauge I have at the shop is a 0-35 psi unit. Is that high enough or am I way off. Do I need to go grab a 0-100????

If you're overfueling a stock charger expect to see drive pressures of 2:1 if not higher from boost so yes.. you'll need a 100psi guage.

A happy drive to boost ratio is 1:1...

If you're overfueling a stock charger expect to see drive pressures of 2:1 if not higher from boost so yes.. you'll need a 100psi guage.

A happy drive to boost ratio is 1:1...

Good info. What do you think is safe on my stock bolts and hg?? I know its a toss up. But I'm sure I'm above 35 psi. 70 sounds way to freaking high. Maybe that's the whole point. Atleast I'll know a little more about it I guess.

I'm love'n my passenger horn! Fit perfect, o-ring for ease of removal, new fuel line...etc. Great... great product.

Good info. What do you think is safe on my stock bolts and hg?? I know its a toss up. But I'm sure I'm above 35 psi. 70 sounds way to freaking high. Maybe that's the whole point. Atleast I'll know a little more about it I guess.

in a 6.7, stock is barely acceptable with stock headbolts and hg

in a 6.7, stock is barely acceptable with stock headbolts and hg

Well. I guess I'm ""Walking on thin ice"" As my mother always said. Head studs are coming, just not right now. Unless of course I blow the hg.... Then we'd have to do studs...

I do have one question though. 625's vs 425's. I know, Blah Blah Blah, its been talked about and about and about. 625's are stronger, but arn't they also a little more brittle??? If you were to say fire ring (Head side only). Use the 425's and get a good stretch on them, maybe 140 lbs?? If back pressure is regulated (WG'd) With twins (66 bottom, maybe s480 top). I would think that the 425's wld hold just fine. What are your thoughts??? I should say that wanting the smaller one's isn't a price issue. A bolt stretching is bad, but breaking----. I know that's the extreme, but I'm just thinking that maybe just a little bit of give in the extreme case, is better than none at all- for the head and lower end??? JMO

I'm love'n my passenger horn! Fit perfect, o-ring for ease of removal, new fuel line...etc. Great... great product.

What did you have or have had prior to base it off of?? All of the aftermarket are going to beat the stocker hands down. What taps did you get and use??

Glacier diesel has a nice horn for a decent price as well, around $369.00

Last edited:
Glacier diesel has a nice horn for a decent price as well!

Very true. I've looked at them all. Only spoken with rhmedic (BOD). They all look good. I especially like Glacier's grid delete. Along with a boost tube, those are my next mods. In fact I'm going to Pampa,Tx (An hour from Amarillo). To talk with Jerimiah Montegomery B&G Performance Diesel. Don't know if any of you guys know him, I just watched his duramax run a 10.3 at our track here in Amarillo last weekend. "Misery" I think is the name of the truck. Looks killer anyway. Don't know what class he runs in though. Anyway, gonna see what he likes and doesn't. That's about the closest thing to a shop that I have here. There's just not a whole lot of diesel drag racing around here. Especially with the 6.7. Got too many farm boys with 5.9's....

Back