Water Injection????

you are a tard, nowhere in that post does it say anything about a big hp diff. with water, a guy made like 15 more hp with water on his truck in that thread? jackass

On a little 2.6 vp truck. What do you think it will do to help some big fueling trucks bone head. I guess none right? Cause there is only 1 2.8 truck in the nation that breaks drivelines. :hehe: Oh ya, did you buy ragged out yet??

On a little 2.6 vp truck. What do you think it will do to help some big fueling trucks bone head. I guess none right? Cause there is only 1 2.8 truck in the nation that breaks drivelines. :hehe: Oh ya, did you buy ragged out yet??

Also....

What % gain does everyone expect between an intercooled truck that is running water in addition to the air:air cooler, vs one running water as the sole form of charge air cooling?

I rarely see mention of this, as most people just lump the two together. However, power derived from the additional density gained from supplemental water injection is a far cry from the power gained when it is used as the sole charge air cooling method.

For instance, my truck is cooled interstage, and has no cooling whatsoever after the second stage where boost jumps from 20-25 right up to 60-70lbs. If I drive with the truck on the ragged edge of losing traction, I have noticed that the tires will usually begin spinning when the water comes on without any change in throttle. Smoke goes away at the same time.

I think it's most often the case that most people view intercooling only in terms of temperature, and forget that while a turbocharger is a mechanical compressor, intercooling is a thermal compressor...

Intercooling is in many ways the same as a turbocharger. CFM flow into the first stage compressor will go up when an appropriate level of water injection is in place. Especially so on a non-intercooled setup.

Last edited:
wtf, dude you need to get a life, your post have nothing to do with each another, do you re-read your post after your done. your a ****ing idiot, oh yeah the columbus blue jackets won last night 5-3.

oh yeah and these little 2.6 trucks you speak of are the ones you ****ing cry about like its your job. your in a bigger class.....with your truck not your mouth obviously.

oh yeah and these little 2.6 trucks you speak of are the ones you ****ing cry about like its your job. your in a bigger class.....with your truck not your mouth obviously.
Water Injection???? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

So here is what the thread is about. I was talking about water injection in the 2.6 Whats the thread about? Water Injection... Maybe your still off in dream land thinking about how many events your going to win when you buy ragged out. That is of course after you get your folks to get a loan for your sorry non pullin a$$. :kick:

to get a loan.... sorry some of us actually work for our trucks and pay for them with our own money, not a sponsor, while I wouldnt turn one down you have no idea how I get my money so why say anything? I really hope I see you at a pull. done.

to get a loan.... sorry some of us actually work for our trucks and pay for them with our own money, not a sponsor, while I wouldnt turn one down you have no idea how I get my money so why say anything? I really hope I see you at a pull. done.

Do explain how I was out in left field with my water injection comment? You ready to do some wagering on a hook? Or do you even sled pull?

i say run it in all classes its a cheap way to help cool the engne, i ran it when i could cant for sure say it added power but i can say it deffently helped the cooling i only ran a 25% meth and 75% water,

maybe instead of sitting arguing, set up a poll on it

o ok!! sorry not on here that much what was the out come,

now over the idea of does it add power i personaly seen it add 50hp on a dodge on a dyno with a few basic mods, it was a stage 2 snow performance kit

Charles---Smoke goes away at the same time.
now i know our truck are alot different but mine smokes like a PIG with the water turned on, thats just a fyi,

Anyways not taking side with anyone, but i would say allow it, what would be the harm in atleast tring it

I'm gonna have to vote to allow it! I mean there's all ready 2.6 trucks running Air to Water might as well let the CR trucks run water to keep them cool.

Im with Wes Wade and Triton on this if your tuning is correct in your Cr you dont need it. Keep it out of the 2.6 for sure. I say 3.0 and up. Tuning is correct, injectors are good you wont be melting down your Cr. I've got several pulls on my motor and several drag races and three dyno pulls and i have yet to melt a piston.

^There is no substitute for good tuning, that is for sure.

Having said that, the injection gives you a bit more freedom with the tuning. More cooling means you can run a bit more fuel safely for more power out of more or less the same package. So maybe it's not needed, but it sure can be useful.

I haven't melted a motor either and have over 50+ pulls and 60,000 miles on motor. Just saying if guys are running air to water why not run water injection?

I dont think eighter one should be allowed in the 2.6 class. Learn to tune the truck and do a better job of up keep on it.

I still dont think it should be allowed for any reason other than this is 2.6 street. We are not pro pullers winning money or sponserships. IT IS ALL FOR FUN. People are competitve yes so if you want to spend another 500 to 1500 dollars then go to a class that allows it. Its not about saving motors thats a bunch of bs. I know tons of tuck and tractor pullers that dont run it. Schieds 3.0 trucks run it because that is how they set them up to run. Bill heyen (lethal injection) dont run it on there trucks and they get along just fine. Somebody else said it right with the "fact is that water is a crutch". Furthermore air to water should not be allowed in 2.6 street either because they do no good on the street when they are in the cab plus you would need a ice truck to follow you around to keep it working. Im sure nobody cares about my opinion though .LOL. Tim

I dont think eighter one should be allowed in the 2.6 class. Learn to tune the truck and do a better job of up keep on it.

What does up keep have to do with Water Injection? Hell i probably won't even run it but if Air to Water's legal then might as well let the guys that still drive thier trucks on the street run water injection. In case you all aren't keeping up with the times the 2.6 class got away from streetable about 2 years ago.

Im with kman if your going to allow water to air what the diff. not much you will gain 50hp with water to air over a spearco yet alone a stock intercooler but water isnt allowed. Im not saying it will sove melting problems but it def. helps the engine live longer.

most Cr melt cause of injectors, keep your fuel system clean. Up keeps was ment by keep your filters clean, fuel and air. Stay on top of servie etc.

Ive tried I think our fuel in ohio is ****ty...lol jk, I think I got water in my latest truck tradgady and cost me new injectors again.

Back