Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

Not if your like Mr. Chapmann and forget to drain them for winter. LOL :bang

I fixed it lol.. now have a nice custom Dual core... that WILL get fitted with drain plugs and/or get removed from the truck during the winter...

Also for those wondering about pumps.. I plan to run (2) 14a Rule 3700GPH pumps...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rule-14A-Marine-3700-GPH-12-Volt/dp/B000O8F7RE"]Amazon.com: Rule 14A Marine Rule 3700 Marine Bilge Pump (3700-GPH, 12-Volt): Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vlaZ0IsKL.@@AMEPARAM@@41vlaZ0IsKL[/ame]

Last edited:
Good now the next time we go to bean's we won't wonder why there's not any water coming out of return line.

Autumn: Hey guys you got a leak
Me, Lynn, CJ: AWWW $HIIITT! LOL :Cheer:

I have a guy wanting to sell me a a2w out of a turbo vette drag car. It was built by Precision and is 2 PT1000 cores coupled together. Hes telling me that it is the same as a PT2000 just had to be built this way for it to fit in the car. Any truth to that? I remember reading somewhere that two small ones don't equal one, but cant find where I read that. Thanks

Cruisin the net looking at water/air setups and seen some where guys have put the water inlet and outlets down. Which means gravity would be working against the water. would that actually fill the whole core effectively with water or would it just drain out the outlet too easily?? Unless you use some type of wicked pwerful pump...

I fixed it lol.. now have a nice custom Dual core... that WILL get fitted with drain plugs and/or get removed from the truck during the winter...

Also for those wondering about pumps.. I plan to run (2) 14a Rule 3700GPH pumps...

Amazon.com: Rule 14A Marine Rule 3700 Marine Bilge Pump (3700-GPH, 12-Volt): Sports & Outdoors

Does that pump have a inlet or does it sit down in the water? You know to run a hose in to feed it and one out for the pressure side. I want to mount my pump outside the the tank, a lot of the pumps I have seen sit in the water.

I don't own a boat so I have never messed with bilge pumps. We didn't have them on our John Deere. :hehe:

Does that pump have a inlet or does it sit down in the water? You know to run a hose in to feed it and one out for the pressure side. I want to mount my pump outside the the tank, a lot of the pumps I have seen sit in the water.

I don't own a boat so I have never messed with bilge pumps. We didn't have them on our John Deere. :hehe:

Yeah it is a submersable (sp) pump. To make it where you can mount it out side you can remove the plastic screen and just get some line the same size of the base of the pump. make sure it sits as low or lower than the bottom of your ice tank.

I would think putting the inlets on the low side would help get more heat transfer since the water has to sit in the a/w just a touch longer than if it ran streight thru...

Last edited:
Anyone else running an a2w in between stages have any insight? More opinions on running boost through a2w to primary then through a2a? will it take some heat away?

I have modified my intercooler with (2) 1.25" npt inlets and (2) 1.25" npt Outs. Using the Rule Bilge pumps, it comes out to about 2.3 gals per secound of ice water. That should cool things down! Will post pics later.

I have modified my intercooler with (2) 1.25" npt inlets and (2) 1.25" npt Outs. Using the Rule Bilge pumps, it comes out to about 2.3 gals per secound of ice water. That should cool things down! Will post pics later.

You can't just double the maximum output of the pumps and assume that this will be your flow through your system. There is not hardly any pressure in the water lines in the system. So assuming 0 pressure, the maximum flow through an 1-1/4" line is only approx 25 gpm. I would bet that you only flow around 0.8 gps through your system. Probably less. That is of course assuming 1-1/4" and not giving for the smaller diameter at the fittings.

That being said you have improved the system dramatically over the factory 1/2 or 3/4 fittings it comes with.

I am torn on what to do...

go with a single inlet meziere 55gpm pump and dual outlets or a pair of single in/out 20gpm pumps. they are roughly the same cost as using in tank bilge pumps, but i need all the space in the tank for water/ice so i dont want two pumps taking up valuable volume of my tank.

My I/C has dual 1-1/2" NPT fittings so I am hoping that with my tank at 17 gallons volume, and the 1.5" pipes, and IC full of water, i will be able to have ~10 gallons of water and up to 80lbs of ice if needed.

You can't just double the maximum output of the pumps and assume that this will be your flow through your system. There is not hardly any pressure in the water lines in the system. So assuming 0 pressure, the maximum flow through an 1-1/4" line is only approx 25 gpm. I would bet that you only flow around 0.8 gps through your system. Probably less. That is of course assuming 1-1/4" and not giving for the smaller diameter at the fittings.

That being said you have improved the system dramatically over the factory 1/2 or 3/4 fittings it comes with.

You have some good points. The restrictions going through the intercooler will definatly affect flow also. I guese the only real way to know the final flow #'s is to put the outlet hoses in a tank and run/time/measure it.

Our meziere 50gpm pump measures about 22-23 gpm through the system using a single 1-1/4 inlet and outlet. That is by measuring at the return to the tank.

After looking at my space constraints I may have to go with a pair of in tank bilge pumps. Just need bulkhead fittings now.

Back