Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

putting a air to water together for my puller and looking for a pump.
i have a bilge pump thats brand new its a seachoice 2000gph. my question is,
will have enough pressure to circulate the water?

I like to keep my shizzy clean, built it in the garage :rockwoot:.

2011-09-06_16-27-28_304.jpg

2011-09-11_15-32-20_195.jpg

2011-09-11_17-51-16_9.jpg

2011-09-11_17-51-26_975.jpg

2011-09-13_20-14-03_946.jpg

2011-09-13_20-14-21_507.jpg

2011-09-16_10-01-58_139.jpg

Brandon

What kinda pump you using for the water?

Heres mine used a 78gpm bilge pump. Fully insulated cooler.

photo-77-2.jpg

welded coolers together
photo-86-1.jpg

fittings on bottom
photo-88.jpg

manafold for pump to divide into two intercoolers
photo-96.jpg

Last edited:
Bringin this back up to ask a few questions for our 2.6 Dmax.

Worth running two intercoolers? 1 pump total or 1 per core? How do we decide what CFM rating we need?

See how much you're turbo follows cfm wise. Get a cooler that can flow equal or more cfm. you can run one core to do that. If you run 2 cores of the same size, your flow doesn't double. Imho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

My theory when I was messing with different coolers was time spent in the cooler. I took my approximate turbo flow and compared it to the area of the face of the cooler and the distance traveled. I used a basic hvac calculator to figure the speed needed to flow the cfm through the opening, "duct" per say.

This does not take into account efficiency of the different coolers (cheap china v. Bell, precision, etc.) Although this is very crude, I felt like it helped me wade through all of the different sizes of coolers. Kind of gives you an idea of why you see the two coolers in series instead of a single cooler.

As far as the pump I like a lot of water. If you look closely at scheid's mod truck it looks like they have two 55gpm dual outlet pumps (4 big lines) feeing their one big intercooler.

By measuring the return flow at our ice tank we flow about 25gpm through ours using our 55gpm pump. Which is inline with what the hose will flow with no pressure.

We run a single big china cooler, but if I had the funds, the bell cooler that josh posted earlier is what I would get. The $1600 difference made me choose the cxracing cooler.

Last edited:
Uncle_bens had one on the classifieds last year.
Picture of the one from the classifieds.
attachment.php

That is my plan if I ever go to a air/water setup.

Thats exactly what I have. just got it a few months ago. picked it up extremely cheap :rockwoot: I realize its not going to flow the best but I think as far as heat displacement it should work very very well.. .. .. lots of surface area transfer the heat and such! :ft:

Where is a good place to pick up a Air/water IC? I have looked into the FrozenBoost.com kits but they say they are only rated to 70 psi. They are priced right but id hate to get one then blow it apart. My boost gauge goes to 60psi and I can peg it, so I guess its time to get something different.

Lynn

frozenboost also makes them to hold up too 150 psi as well.

Back