Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

Mine holds 100lbs.
Brandon

It holds it today ...just sayin', if the chinese builders rate it to 70 psi max...um...be careful out there. YouTube vids are cool for stupid human tricks but de-tanking an intercooler, notsamuch...

It holds it today ...just sayin', if the chinese builders rate it to 70 psi max...um...be careful out there. YouTube vids are cool for stupid human tricks but de-tanking an intercooler, notsamuch...

Lol my ice box hahah not boost! 100lbs of ICE. :Cheer:
Brandon

I like to keep my shizzy clean, built it in the garage :rockwoot:.

2011-09-06_16-27-28_304.jpg

2011-09-11_15-32-20_195.jpg

2011-09-11_17-51-16_9.jpg

2011-09-11_17-51-26_975.jpg

2011-09-13_20-14-03_946.jpg

2011-09-13_20-14-21_507.jpg

2011-09-16_10-01-58_139.jpg

Brandon

SUBSCRIBED, i have money for a mongo expensive air to water but i would like to save a few dollars, and as for puttin it on my truck it has to fit under the hood as our 2.6 rules in iowa says nothin in front of the bumper except weights... p-pumpin a 24v opens up alotta space but just not enough and im always tryin to find a way to eliminate as many boots as i can, would rather vband it all so i know when it comes to the nitty gritty i can trust it...

Its not a top dollar IC, but i have a FB type 22 under my hood. They are rated up to 2000hp so it should cool well. Had to remove the pass side battery though.

Isn't that a bit of overkill??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Probably so. But it definetly wont hurt. It will just do that much of a better job supplying the IC with ice cold water. Its a commonly used pump.

I got a honda 2" garbage pump that I could fire up and use.. I bet that would move some fluid haha.. bit noisy tho. Thanks for the info smoker.

Wow.....hope you check it often...

Hope it's not in the cab without a blanket, either!

We assumed it wouldn't last, but it has surprised us so far. It is not in the cab. We wrapped it with a Hefty flex garbage bag just incase LOL

When these things fail do they just pop open the air compartment or do they dump the water out?
I concerned about watering the drag strip and getting water under the tires, could get very ugly....

When these things fail do they just pop open the air compartment or do they dump the water out?
I concerned about watering the drag strip and getting water under the tires, could get very ugly....

Assuming your boost pressure exceeds your water jacket pressure, if the core failed internally, you'd think it would puke air back through the water tank (which may be right behind your seat).

That being said, the few I have seen on the drag racing sites were end tanks coming off from failed welds. That is so violent though that you shatting your pants might be just as dangerous as dumping water, especially if it's in-cab like many are.

People should be running blankets on these. Unfortunately it will probably take a few serious injuries before people wise up.

Assuming your boost pressure exceeds your water jacket pressure, if the core failed internally, you'd think it would puke air back through the water tank (which may be right behind your seat).

That being said, the few I have seen on the drag racing sites were end tanks coming off from failed welds. That is so violent though that you shatting your pants might be just as dangerous as dumping water, especially if it's in-cab like many are.

People should be running blankets on these. Unfortunately it will probably take a few serious injuries before people wise up.

Evolution should run its course!

A local bud of mine that build high end racecars puts all the welds in the center and not at the points, he said that is my intercoolers usually fail, don't think he has ever had one fail yet and has been doing it for many years!

Jim

Most times I see failures it is internal and your engine takes in the water. But I certainly have limited experience with them compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

I seen one fail on a tractor and it cracked the weld but never leaked a drop of water. They actually pounded it back together took rachet straps around it and went and pulled again

To wake this back up. Who is using a frozen boost intercooler (im looking at the type 22) and how are they holding up to high boost? What are better options out there? thanks.

i think you will be fine with that one. ure only other option is type 27 and that one is a beast! the one i'm running is rated about 1500-2000 cfm i'm not sure but bigger is better.

Back