Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

This is the install that I did last week

dscn0739do.jpg

Anymoer pics of that truck!? Thing looks awesome, and clean!

I use a stewart warner 55gpm electric pump. Probably a little over kill but it sure moves a ton of water!

Anyone have data they are willing to share?
Inlet temps vs outlet temps?

60-70*F outlet temps with ~35*F water & 365*F compressor discharge through our 2K HP-rated A/W IC

60-70*F outlet temps with ~35*F water & 365*F compressor discharge through our 2K HP-rated A/W IC

Do you mind sharing the make of that intercooler? and also am wondering what kind of pressure ratios you were running at the 365* discharge temp?

~600+ inlet temps

~80 outlet temps at little end
~165 outlet temps at the big end

Frozen boost $499 intercooler.

That would work, figured 550 at the inlet as best I could get from data in the past! I've seen 105 in the hat at 80 psi but it was cool outside (air to air cooler) and shooting water/meth......was pulling so hard I was waiting on something to break!

Jim

~600+ inlet temps

~80 outlet temps at little end
~165 outlet temps at the big end

Frozen boost $499 intercooler.

Be careful with those FB intercoolers I hurt my 3.0 motor with that one cuz the core was leaking water. They wouldn't warranty it either. Cost me the rest of my season.

my first one had a spot on the fins that had a glob of melted aluminum stuck to it, I called them up and they replaced it with no issues.

How big of ice water tanks are everyone running. Ive seen small ones and large ones.

I run 10 gallons of water with about 8 - 12 bags of ice. My tank is 12 x 30 x 24. Its way over kill but my water is always cold after a pass.

Back