Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

But still not better than a true air/water. The talk was that the stock cooler plated works fine. Yes, but still not as good.

I agree. I never implied that a plated cooler would be better than a true water to air. Just that there was something to gain by plating an air to air and converting to water. At least in pulling.

Last edited:
yea i fought them kind of boots all last year thats y this year i made them outa steal fingers cross wont have that prob this year s###s when theres a fifty fifty chance its going down the track or not

I wonder if the elbow will hold up.

HA you got jokes.

It lasted to the 325 ft mark then let loose. :doh: lesson learned. This year the air to water will look the same (minus the boot) but the motor behind it will be different.:woohoo:

HA you got jokes.

It lasted to the 325 ft mark then let loose. :doh: lesson learned. This year the air to water will look the same (minus the boot) but the motor behind it will be different.:woohoo:

I purchased a FB setup from a forum member...it has two of those 90* boots on top of it...I too am worried about it coming loose...he had it reinforced with duct tape and cardboard LOL but it held have vids to prove it. If I knew where to find one I'd have a 3" aluminum elbow to have welded onto the inlet side so I could use a straight piece of silicone heater hose and a strap.

2011-04-12_20-01-43_426.jpg

2011-04-12_20-01-59_932.jpg

2011-04-12_20-02-17_930.jpg

Few of mine while i was puttin it together. Intercooler is turned over now with fittings on the bottom so water will drain out. Its not the largest they make but i sure do think it made a diffence over stock air to air. Also runing the 3800 rule pump.

what do you guys think about running an air to water setup, then running it though the factory air to air. im still driving mine to work regularly but would really like to have A/W if i can. would there be any big drawbacks or major problems?

what do you guys think about running an air to water setup, then running it though the factory air to air. im still driving mine to work regularly but would really like to have A/W if i can. would there be any big drawbacks or major problems?

Run it through the air to air first. You'd likely be letting the air warm back up going through an air to air after an A/W. Other than that it would be fine.

The new 6.7 Powerstrokes only run an air to water. My new setup is an air to water and a couple four wheeler radiators as heat exchangers. I'll keep an update on how it works. It has to be better than my stock one, it had a lot of pin holes.

What if you cut the fins out of a stock cooler then plated it? water would flow really good through it then right ?

Back