Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

the new 6.7 powerstroke is water to air cooled, just got a new one on the farm last month, two seperate cooling circuits, two radiators two pressure caps. the heat exchanger is a plate typ about the size of a battery.

i got my kit from pure diesel power. comes with a/w, small radiator for heat exchange, 2 10" fans that mount on the radiator, and a 500gph pump. i'm using it in place of the factory CAC. Joe at PDP said with the heat exchanger they are great on the street. cost me $487 shipped to my door. hoping to have it all done this week will try to get pics posted.

Uncle_bens had one on the classifieds last year.
Picture of the one from the classifieds.
attachment.php

That is my plan if I ever go to a air/water setup.

Refreshing this thread a little. Several guys around here are going to air/ice box(water) setup, and seem to be picking up some good footage with doing so. I was thinking about going the factory style like in that picture just because i have a new sheet of 4x8 .125" alum sitting in the corner of shop that was meant for another project jus never got around to it. Figures i could fix intercooler and build a ice box with the leftovers.

So guess my question is anybody seen decent results doing it this way? Not saying its the best way, but if its worth it i really won't have anything but time in it.

A guy that i pull with did his like this, said it made a big difference. I would say go for it.

A guy that i pull with did his like this, said it made a big difference. I would say go for it.

Thanks. I am going to start on it tonight. I will put some pictures up. I just figured it will be simple, keeping all the piping and everything where its at. Like i said wont realy have much money in it so i figured worth a shot

Has anyone had issues with the ebay/frozenboost/silicone intakes/... intercoolers blowing apart?

I am curious how these "cheap" intercoolers perform compared to a spearco, bell, garrett, or precision unit?

Has anyone had issues with the ebay/frozenboost/silicone intakes/... intercoolers blowing apart?

I am curious how these "cheap" intercoolers perform compared to a spearco, bell, garrett, or precision unit?

Might need a blanket over 100psi.

For a few thousand $, you ought to be able to run a Spearco or Bell with triple compounding!

The economical units are psi-limited, especially in light of their cast construction (more than simple burst renting... should instead expect shatter shrapnel).
Nothing a piece of Class III armor won't cure! LOL

Trying to find the video of the Mustang that had one blow the roof off the car.... Freak deal, but a guy on YB sells blankets for them now.

Thanks. I am going to start on it tonight. I will put some pictures up. I just figured it will be simple, keeping all the piping and everything where its at. Like i said wont realy have much money in it so i figured worth a shot

What ever happened with this?

What ever happened with this?
Had to pull the other motor I bought down to change cam and stuff just got caught up in all that. Ordered one from frozen boost will be here tomorrow. Guess going to try it, rounded up little money so figured be better than stock one platted. Two of the guys here running one they seem to do great.

While I do agree, I still think that intercooler converted to a air/water would be way ahead cooling wise than in stock air/air form. At least in a pulling truck.

But still not better than a true air/water. The talk was that the stock cooler plated works fine. Yes, but still not as good.

But still not better than a true air/water. The talk was that the stock cooler plated works fine. Yes, but still not as good.

Tend to agree. Getting the kind of circulation that's needed for max performance is tough with the plated-over A/A units.

Back