Water to Air Intercooler Pictures

How full of ice are you going or I guess the better question is how much water in the bottom of it

Just enough water to circulate without running out. The ice will melt fast enough to cool it.

I ran 3/4" line from cooler to pump to I/c. Inside the 60qt cooler I ran 1" pvc in a square with 5/16" holes drilled all the way around for the pick up so ice couldn't get in. And then run 3 gallons of water and two big bags of ice.

What about running your IC water in a self contained loop through a copper coil in a cooler filled with ice and water? With say a 5/8 copper line in a 6 or 8 ft coil should provide enough heat exchange?? Correct me if im wrong..lol

Lynn

What about running your IC water in a self contained loop through a copper coil in a cooler filled with ice and water? With say a 5/8 copper line in a 6 or 8 ft coil should provide enough heat exchange?? Correct me if im wrong..lol

Lynn

Do some quick calculations and see the surface area. I personally don't think there is enough surface area for the velocity of the water. Maybe break it down into the equiavalent cross section in say 1/8" line, and run x number of 1/8" lines. You need to get the surface area for a heat exchanger to work.

Last edited:
38111_1548175386991_1313257920_1448227_1696607_n.jpg

had to cut my bumper but it works good. the water lines are behind it. go between frame and cross memeber. tank is in the tool box.

2011-04-12_20-01-43_426.jpg

2011-04-12_20-01-59_932.jpg

2011-04-12_20-02-17_930.jpg

Few of mine while i was puttin it together. Intercooler is turned over now with fittings on the bottom so water will drain out. Its not the largest they make but i sure do think it made a diffence over stock air to air. Also runing the 3800 rule pump.

same intercooler im getting except its gonna have two type 17's welded together. where did u mount ur cooler or ur ice box?

same intercooler im getting except its gonna have two type 17's welded together. where did u mount ur cooler or ur ice box?
2011-04-19_17-59-06_388.jpg

I have been spending money on tires and set up bigger charger and stuff. Was fixing to order anther cooler but went got a ring and pinion last weekend so that change my plans but adding another is in my next plans LOL

2011-09-03123823.jpg

Frozen boost ic I forgot what type it was but its rated for 1200cfm. today I made a couple wot runs egts were down about 200* going pulling with it tomorrow night.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Goin to Windsor?

Nope going to mokane to hook with smokers, figure I payed a membership better make at least one hook with em this season, truck has been broke or I've been at work every other pull they've had.

2011-09-03123823.jpg

Frozen boost ic I forgot what type it was but its rated for 1200cfm. today I made a couple wot runs egts were down about 200* going pulling with it tomorrow night.

Whats the hoses coming off the intake horn there? and i take it you still have your normally ic still on the truck?

Whats the hoses coming off the intake horn there? and i take it you still have your normally ic still on the truck?

Search "Spool aid" for the hoses. A 24v mod to help get air to #1 and #6.

Curious about the stock IC too. I would assume that it does because that air to water doesn't look big enough to be alone.

Search "Spool aid" for the hoses. A 24v mod to help get air to #1 and #6.

Exactly

Curious about the stock IC too. I would assume that it does because that air to water doesn't look big enough to be alone.

Yes the stock air to air is still intact, i was wanting to keep the truck some what streetable. This thing works great, droped 150* off the egt's at the end of the track last night. logged 1510*

jakethesnake i really like that setup looks like you could still run her on the street with a setup like that.

Sledpuller 21. Like to see some more pics.of it finished if you have some.

Clinton

Back