Who has the Best modified rail ?

The Legend

Diesel power for the mind
I was interested in getting my rail modifed and wanted to know what experence anyone had with this good or bad and who's

I used the search and read all of them but was looking for first had accounts of the performance or none performance of this mod ?

I used the search and read all of them but was looking for first had accounts of the performance or none performance of this mod ?

It increased my power by 155hp, and my fuel flow into my motor went up by 7 gallons per hour, it was well worth the mod, highly recommend you do it asap. I was able to do it over the weekend with my dewalt 18v hand drill and a 3/4" drill bit. You see, thats the big problem with these motors, only thing holdin em back from making mega power is the fuel rail.

It increased my power by 155hp, and my fuel flow into my motor went up by 7 gallons per hour, it was well worth the mod, highly recommend you do it asap. I was able to do it over the weekend with my dewalt 18v hand drill and a 3/4" drill bit. You see, thats the big problem with these motors, only thing holdin em back from making mega power is the fuel rail.

REALLY?:bs::bs::bs:

Just wow! With your Dewalt and all that...

Why o why
looking to drop 40 hp?

umno.gif

See!!

Just when you thought you heard it all!!

Now to the thread,.. I think the value in a modded rail is NOT in adding hp but rather in NOT losing hp when in a Pull or Drag. Don't know that for sure and it wasn't calculated on someone's meter but my BS detector says it's a reasonable probability. $.02

must say really appreciate all the help you guys have to offer on the subject. I guess im sorry I asked

Why not use a 6.7 rail and lines?
Those are HUGE compared to ours.

Why not use a 6.7 rail and lines?
Those are HUGE compared to ours.

I said the same thing a while back and several told me it wont even match up to the 5.9 at all.I was wanting to run 6.7 intake horn,rail lines,relief opens at(26,500) and also use the throttle body as a air shut off.

Gee let's see I ran 793, a friend ran 838 and another with damn close to 1200 whp all on the stock rail, humm let's add pressure then hone out that which contains said pressure till it's within microns of it's dear life...

(Above are fuel only #s and sorry folks I will not name names^^ doubt me if ya want)

Did you throw on a modified rail and loose 40 horsepower then? Dynoed before and after and all that?

Gee let's see I ran 793, a friend ran 838 and another with damn close to 1200 whp all on the stock rail, humm let's add pressure then hone out that which contains said pressure till it's within microns of it's dear life...

(Above are fuel only #s and sorry folks I will not name names^^ doubt me if ya want)

i have made 843 on stock rail

Back