Worlds First?

I want a sound clip of his evil laugh after the initial startup. Maybe a clip or two would be funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odK20vQB-7o&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odK20vQB-7o&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

I don't know of any other trucks running that setup, so yes, I believe you could be the worlds first on a Cummins...:snoop:

After going through that many compressors the air is going to be all tired and beat up.

I would love to see the look on old school hot rodders faces when that truck comes down the road with the sound of a cummins diesel and the look of a blower protruding from the hood!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9ddBIseTo&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9ddBIseTo&feature=plcp[/ame]

Wow! That noise would drive me crazy. Looks cool, but the sound is too much.

Wow! That noise would drive me crazy. Looks cool, but the sound is too much.

its something you love or hate. I am picking up a novi2000 this weekend to see how noisy it will be. :pop:

Man, I love loud straight pipes, turbo whistle and whatnot, But I think that noise would drive me f'n nutsLOL. Still badass though. need some driving vids:D

If I recall this is a compound supercharger set-up with a He351ve?

Holy sheep chit! That is a 351ve up top! This thing must have insane throttle response! Heck I thought my truck with just the 351ve over an HT60 was stupid fast spool up...

Though I am a tad confused about the routing. Does the bypass seal off the filter on the primary while the blower is feeding it, then dump the air from the blower when the turbos take over? What are you using for a primary charger anyway? Comp R83?

For some reason I was thinking the sound of a roots blower would be what I heard. Definitely an acquired taste! :p

Ingenuity is definitely there though would be cool to see the dyno graph from three different stages of air!

its something you love or hate. I am picking up a novi2000 this weekend to see how noisy it will be. :pop:

Im interested to see how the centrifugal stuff stacks up against the whipple.
If the blower's sound comes from the screws, Id guess the centrifugal ones sound more like a turbo.
If its gear whine, youd be screwed either way. (no pun intended):pop:

It would be tough to live with the whine of a charger under the hood, but I could live with it, if it meant being to take off at a decent pace smoke-free with a 12v

Wonder how that supercharger would work on top of industrials s300/k31 twins?
The advantage of this combo over twins is the ability to light the small turbo and bypass the super early?

Last edited:
Though I am a tad confused about the routing. Does the bypass seal off the filter on the primary while the blower is feeding it, then dump the air from the blower when the turbos take over? What are you using for a primary charger anyway? Comp R83?

bypass seals the turbo filter until turbo demands more then opens and allows BOTH the blower and filter to feed the turbo.
Primary is an 83mm garrett.

Im interested to see how the centrifugal stuff stacks up against the whipple.
If the blower's sound comes from the screws, Id guess the centrifugal ones sound more like a turbo.
If its gear whine, youd be screwed either way. (no pun intended):pop:
we'll know pretty soon, I'm getting the novi this weekend and since my new bypass is universal, it will be (relatively) easy to plumb.

It would be tough to live with the whine of a charger under the hood, but I could live with it, if it meant being to take off at a decent pace smoke-free with a 12v
mine is a Ppump'd 24v and smoke free until WOT
Wonder how that supercharger would work on top of industrials s300/k31 twins?
The advantage of this combo over twins is the ability to light the small turbo and bypass the super early?

Yes. depending on tuning, I can light the small charger near 1100 RPM, I have it set to light later (1700), to allow the blower to do more and create less differential between the two systems.
I will be switching turbo(s) out to a 66/480 (or larger) very soon and then moving to a 3.3 Whipple or large procharger to really give the system a HP # folks can talk about. :)

Back