Your Opinions on 500hp 6.0 build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw.... "Powerstroke" is not synonymous with 6oh.

I drive a 500+hp powerstroke as my daily driver as well, and at this point, the engine seems to be one of the few things that hangs in there year after year. But then it isn't a 6oh.

On Edit:

Here's one for you..... this is the REALITY of the situation!

WHILE I was reading the rest of the posts in this thread my stone mason called me because his 6oh had left him beside the road AGAIN, after having done it numerous times before and getting worked on a zillion times. He JUST called me out of the blue not 30 seconds ago desperately seeking a solution or he's going to roll it off a G'damn cliff.

It pains me to see so many guys I work with try to get good work out of the pieces of sh*t and pull all their hair out trying, while at the same time pissing money down the drain. Nearly everybody I know that bought one no longer owns it. Nearly everybody I know that owns a 7.3 REFUSES to sell it.

But yeah, the 6oh is a reliable platform...

reality of the situation? what situation? that's called a coicidence.. your buddy needs to quit having you work on his truck.. :bang

You chose the 6oh powerstroke as the platform you're going to spend the money on to achieve 500hp with daily driver reliability. Consider yourself on permanent "Owned" status...

Actually I chose the truck that I did as the platform to have myself a daily driver/work truck, planning just to do the regular intake/exhaust/programmer. wasn't till later that I decided to go for over 500RWHP.

Go ahead and think all that you want about the 6.0....
I will continue on in what I KNOW about my truck...

I will admit I had it puke... I had headstuds put on, did injectors at the same time. That's the only engine/drivetrain related problem I have had with my truck, (with exception of pwer steering pump, but I don't think that counts in this). When it comes down to it, it probably actually cost me less to get my 6.0 to 500 HP that what it costs most Dodge guys to get there, because guess what--- the 5r110 is one tough motha! costs less to do studs than a tranny--- What now!

lol.

Sounds like you must have hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles on the clock at 500rwhp.

I could pull the service records of the State Farm road rangers with 300-400,000+ miles on there trucks without issues. For every 1 that you know of with problems there are 15 of them with no issues. The people with problems don't stop on here to say what a great engine it is. Just the people that want to ***** about what a piece it is when they abused the crap out of it.

I will admit I had it puke... I had headstuds put on, did injectors at the same time. That's the only engine/drivetrain related problem I have had with my truck, (with exception of pwer steering pump, but I don't think that counts in this). When it comes down to it, it probably actually cost me less to get my 6.0 to 500 HP that what it costs most Dodge guys to get there, because guess what--- the 5r110 is one tough motha! costs less to do studs than a tranny--- What now!

why dont we ask him how much it cost him to get his 7.3 to 500HP...:poke:

why dont we ask him how much it cost him to get his 7.3 to 500HP...:poke:

oooooooohhhh............... He's a one of those........... a 7.3 gay, i mean guy................

I used to be. I used to think there was nothing better than the "almighty 7.3" After dealing with more problems than I cared for with my 7.3 (yeah that's right) I said I'm done with this. Went for a new truck, was trying to get a 6.4 but couldn't quite get financing for it so I got an 06. If it wasn't for how worthless the 7.3 trucks are (cash-value wise) I coulda got the 6.4 but I couldn't get any flippin money for the 7.3 truck.

So, a 7.3 guy is the one givin so much crap about 500 reliable HP out of a 6.0 when a 7.3 (unless a 99 or 2000) can't make over 400 without having to replace the rods..... This guy, to me, is now a joke.
I like the 7.3 but not that much!

Charles. You don't want to argue the CR vs Gen2 Heui? Come on. Sinner is a big time CR guy now. So argue how his is better than mine. Come up with a valid reason to bash me being able to get 4000psi of oil times 7.1 multiplication inside the injector which is 28,400psi and your piece of **** CR stuff can't reliably go past 23k. It's possitive people like you running around with globes with flat corners. Better not go too far offshore buddy. You will fall off the edge.

Now. Shall we get me started on the 7.3L stuff. Charles. Come on with me on a trip down memory lane while I worked at a dealer during the 99-03 7.3L glory days. Better keep a spare High pressure oil head plug and a cps in your glove box. Spare. ICP. Spare IDM. Spare harness injector harness. Spare glow plug relay. A few spare High pressure pumps. We could move on to the 4R100s with multiple solenoid pack upgrades. PCM reflashes. Destroyed accumulator bodies cause when it lost VSS it would full line pressure the transmission and rip itself apart. Come on buddy... Ding Ding you are up.

Oh wait. I completely forgot about haveing to re o-ring the injectors around every 100k and have them remanned to get the valve back up to the top to get the stock 235hp back out of them. Thats if the high pressure pump had been updated to the newest one and was actually still pumping out the 1/4 of what the stock 6.0L pumps put out.

Its always great when magazines do write ups off all the problems the 6oh has. I think both sept Diesel Power and dieselWorld have write up about 6oh issues.

The 7.3 is a great motor. Always has been always will. But it has limitations. I found limitation with my 7.3 when I had it. But stock..The 7.3 F'n rocked. I dont know many people that had major problems with stock 7.3 in fact most are still going.
Now the 6oh, it hit or mis but mostly mis....They have tons of problems and when you spend most of your time selling 6oh parts you will defend them.

Now. Shall we get me started on the 7.3L stuff. Charles. Come on with me on a trip down memory lane while I worked at a dealer during the 99-03 7.3L glory days. Better keep a spare High pressure oil head plug and a cps in your glove box. Spare. ICP. Spare IDM. Spare harness injector harness. Spare glow plug relay. A few spare High pressure pumps. We could move on to the 4R100s with multiple solenoid pack upgrades. PCM reflashes. Destroyed accumulator bodies cause when it lost VSS it would full line pressure the transmission and rip itself apart. Come on buddy... Ding Ding you are up.

Ill take all those problems over blow headgasket every 6months and made fun in the diesel community...........

Its always great when magazines do write ups off all the problems the 6oh has. I think both sept Diesel Power and dieselWorld have write up about 6oh issues.

The 7.3 is a great motor. Always has been always will. But it has limitations. I found limitation with my 7.3 when I had it. But stock..The 7.3 F'n rocked. I dont know many people that had major problems with stock 7.3 in fact most are still going.
Now the 6oh, it hit or mis but mostly mis....They have tons of problems and when you spend most of your time selling 6oh parts you will defend them.

Thats humorous coming from a guy that sells stuff to his buddies 6.0L.

This is great. Get a 7.3L to 400HP at the wheels and tell me you are still running the stock head bolts and graphite head gaskets. Once you stud that 7.3L you are then buying rods and all sorts of goodies to even try to get that thing to run with us. Don't forget to check your SCA level in the coolant cause you don't want that block to cavitate. Keep bringing on the bull**** and trying to forget about all the problems everything else has.

Rob you probably wouldn't have been going through gaskets all the time if you hadn't been bear hugging BWD's nuts. I welcome your **** talking.

Ford and International will admit failure of the 6.0 platform but Doug wont LMFAO Keep dreaming buddy. By time you finish those 6.0 parts your only customers will be museums.

Thats humorous coming from a guy that sells stuff to his buddies 6.0L.

Like I said, your so called business is mainly 6oh. I sell to all my buddies including 7.3,6.4,5.9 cummins and all the Dmax... I wont argue there. Ill sell to anyone and will sell just about anything for a truck. thanks for the plug doug..Let me know what you need,,,,Ill get you anything including tuning and at a great price

As for BWD....At least I was willing to try the compounds on a 6oh. You do alot of gabbing on line but your still running the same setup as a few years ago. I will say, your one of the best keyboard guys on here...your almost like a magician...You make people believe you know what the Fk your talking about....I think most of the 6oh guys know to stay the fk away from your BS and your great tuning. Anyone knows your tuning is no where compared to Eric's. But hey you had a good run at it while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back