Your Opinions on 500hp 6.0 build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright alright alright, chill out guys! LOL! all i wanted to know is how to make 500 hp with a 6.0, i didnt want to know which one is better than the other... if i wanted to know that, or which injectors are better than the other, i would have made the thread just that.. i dont care if you make 500 on a 7.3, or a 5.9 or whatever, i want to know about a 6.0... reliable power or not....

you whine about getting yourself banned from PSN for weeks because you don't have the willpower to stay away from your own computer.. Every thread you get involved in becomes some pissing match with you and the name calling.. You're a fukin little ***** Charles. "Pre-requisite not met".. Like a little kid with his back turned and his arms crossed..

So when I end up arguing with an idiot about something in a way that requires me to address the issue with more than one post, you define that as a "pissing match"?

Fwiw, a "pissing match" implies argument over a trivial matter in such a way that the two involved parties do nothing more than attempt to promote their own particular circumstances over that of their sparing partner.

Whether or not to choose the 6oh for a truck intending to see the high side of 500rwhp on a daily basis is hardly trivial IMO.

Yea I think it's def. a reliable motor at that type of horse power. Some how my truck is still on stock head bolts which surprise the hell outta me.

So when I end up arguing with an idiot about something in a way that requires me to address the issue with more than one post, you define that as a "pissing match"?

Fwiw, a "pissing match" implies argument over a trivial matter in such a way that the two involved parties do nothing more than attempt to promote their own particular circumstances over that of their sparing partner.

Whether or not to choose the 6oh for a truck intending to see the high side of 500rwhp on a daily basis is hardly trivial IMO.

Wtf is your deal dude. He already has a 6.0 and he has cummins. You really thinkyou are gonna stop him from building HIS truck? GTF out of this thead so he can Get the info he wants

Wtf is your deal dude. He already has a 6.0 and he has cummins. You really think you are gonna stop him from building HIS truck? GTF out of this thead so he can Get the info he wants

X2 So stop being a D*** and let the guy do his thing!! :nail:

No more 6.0 vs. 7.3 bullchit. The OP asked about making 500 with a 6.0 because THAT IS WHAT HE ALREADY OWNS!

My opinion:

Studs and EGR delete of course
Custom tuning from Eric at Innovative or Doug (PSDPlayer)
190s or 200s from Casserly
AirDog II, banjo bolt mod, and larger fuel lines
II 62/70
You have the exhaust covered already
If you want an intake, go AFE or S&B
Also, get you a bunch of gauges. Pyro, Boost, Fuel Pressure, Oil temp, Water temp, and HPOP doesn't hurt when you've got bigger sticks

That should have you close if not there. Put it this way, it will be fun!

No more 6.0 vs. 7.3 bullchit. The OP asked about making 500 with a 6.0 because THAT IS WHAT HE ALREADY OWNS!

My opinion:

Studs and EGR delete of course
Custom tuning from Eric at Innovative or Doug (PSDPlayer)
190s or 200s from Casserly
AirDog II, banjo bolt mod, and larger fuel lines
II 62/70
You have the exhaust covered already
If you want an intake, go AFE or S&B
Also, get you a bunch of gauges. Pyro, Boost, Fuel Pressure, Oil temp, Water temp, and HPOP doesn't hurt when you've got bigger sticks

That should have you close if not there. Put it this way, it will be fun!

ok, cool deal.. thanks SG!

LOL.....holy chit! I dropped by to see what else was added to make a 500 horse 6oh......lol......and damn! Good stuff!!

eager to see this beast weazel.........

LOL.....holy chit! I dropped by to see what else was added to make a 500 horse 6oh......lol......and damn! Good stuff!!

eager to see this beast weazel.........

hahah ya no joke man! i did the same thing this morning when i looked at this thread! jeez :stab: LOL... yeah i just need to keep away from the pocket book for awhile! LOL

for 500 id go with 155-175 injectors especially for daily driving, definatly under 190s will be enough fuel. with good tuning and a healthy hpop you can get alot of fuel out of these injectors.much bigger than 200s fueling becomes hard to control. a modded vgt like the industrial injection stage 2 or elite turbos should work well or to get away from the vgt mabye a 62 or 64 non vgt would work well. the other basics a lift pump, studs egr delete, sct custom tuning and if you choose to ficm tuning helps too. fuel system gauges intake exhaust. an intercooler will help egts if thats an issue but dont expect any power out of an intercooler swap.

190s aren't bad at all for daily driving and even towing. We pulled Deranged from Texas to Kentucky in Tim's truck with no issues at all! Tows great! 190s and a Beans turbo...

That's not to say that sticks in the 170 to 180 range wouldn't be more managable though. However 190s are the most popular stick for a reason...

Sorry for the inconvenient reality infusion.

I'll just leave you with a little light reading...

http://www.autosafety.org/fords-diesel-drama-drags

Denial is an ugly thing.

A news article from almost 4 years ago. That's quite informative. Here is a wiki on bloodletting. It was the most common medical practice performed by doctors from antiquity up to the late 19th century, a time span of almost 2,000 years. Wikimedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back