Your Opinions on 500hp 6.0 build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont know what you talking about:hehe:

He does know what he is talking about. He was a Certified Ford Motor Parts runner. He told me he left the dealer ship due to not making any money where the guy around the corner from me makes about 90+ a year as a mechanic. I think what people want to know is how much did you make as a porter

I could pull the service records of the State Farm road rangers with 300-400,000+ miles on there trucks without issues. For every 1 that you know of with problems there are 15 of them with no issues. The people with problems don't stop on here to say what a great engine it is. Just the people that want to ***** about what a piece it is when they abused the crap out of it.

You don't have a realistic grasp on life with respect to this subject.

And it's not my job to ensure that everybody in planet earth is always fully aware of how things work at all times. So do as you wish.

If you can't see things like the non-existent relationship between Navistar engine and FoMoCo due to the warranty problems on that engine alone, more TSB's than you could shake a stick at, droves of people defecting to Dmax and Cummins powered vehicles and fleet managers running from them and their twin brother the VT365 like the plague, then what on earth would make it possible for myself or anyone else to sway your opinion this late in the game?

Absolutely nothing.

oooooooohhhh............... He's a one of those........... a 7.3 gay, i mean guy................

I used to be. I used to think there was nothing better than the "almighty 7.3" After dealing with more problems than I cared for with my 7.3 (yeah that's right) I said I'm done with this. Went for a new truck, was trying to get a 6.4 but couldn't quite get financing for it so I got an 06. If it wasn't for how worthless the 7.3 trucks are (cash-value wise) I coulda got the 6.4 but I couldn't get any flippin money for the 7.3 truck.

So, a 7.3 guy is the one givin so much crap about 500 reliable HP out of a 6.0 when a 7.3 (unless a 99 or 2000) can't make over 400 without having to replace the rods..... This guy, to me, is now a joke.
I like the 7.3 but not that much!

Wow. So you further solidify your ignorance by stating that 7.3's don't bring good resale???

How to put this....... you are an idiot. Sorry, that's all I could think of, no real nice way to put that.

I have people begging to buy some of our old 7.3's about ever other week. People with 6oh's and even guys with the new Duramax. Last week my grader begged to trade me a BRAND NEW 2500 duramax for our 2000 dually. Said he was done with it. Guy I just build 3 office building for..... is DONE with his 6oh. Tells me every time I see him (unprovoked) that he wishes he'd never sold his 7.3 superduty. The stone mason I mentioned earlier in this thread..... same deal. One of my landscape guys who owns the entire company with probably 30 or so trucks..... has been in a constant state of anger since oh.... about mid year 2003 when he started trading in his fleet of 7.3's for 6ohs..... Now he only has a few 7.3's left that get the job done. He just sold the 6ohs for .50 on the dollar to get them out of his site, and get their repair cost drain off of his books.

Why don't you hop outside sometime and go check what equivalent trucks with nothing different but 6oh vs 7.3 are bringing..... ACTUALLY bringing nowadays. Hell, most times the 7.3 truck will be 3 or 4 years OLDER and still bringing more. MOST people are not idiots, and as such won't give you two cents for one of them if they're looking for a good truck to work, like most are.

For the guys making a play truck, it's all irrelevant. If it goes on a trailer ever so often, no biggie. And in that case, nevermind what I'm saying. But for a guy running a business, the 6oh is a certified nightmare. If you don't think so, you should really consider getting out more often.

As to your last comment about the 7.3....

A number of people have been making upward of 600hp on the stock longblocks for a few years now. Brian was running low 12's all last year, and has been running mid 11's on fuel this year. Stock longblock. He recently dynoed 680 on fuel on Dunbar's dyno. Stock longblock 7.3 set up just as he's been racing/pulling it all year. If you're too stupid to tune the truck well enough for it to hold together at 450ish hp, that's your fault, not the engine's.

Besides, my truck isn't even in the 500's. But is yours? What's your best pull or trap/weight?

Last edited:
Charles. You don't want to argue the CR vs Gen2 Heui? Come on. Sinner is a big time CR guy now. So argue how his is better than mine. Come up with a valid reason to bash me being able to get 4000psi of oil times 7.1 multiplication inside the injector which is 28,400psi and your piece of **** CR stuff can't reliably go past 23k. It's possitive people like you running around with globes with flat corners. Better not go too far offshore buddy. You will fall off the edge.

I suppose the word Siemens means nothing to you? 600hp on stock injectors? Any of that ringing any bells?

What about the good old bosch mech stuff? Not good enough for you? As I guessed, you were only capable of considering two of the injection options. Get out more often.

Come on Rob. You can't do better than that? Why not make a better story if you are just gonna lie about it.

Come on Rob. You can't do better than that? Why not make a better story if you are just gonna lie about it.

Let me ask you this..

What do you do when you have spool valve issues (the equivalent of the poppet valve on the 7.3L Heui)?

Do you tear the injectors down and machine them back into spec like you do with a 7.3 injector?

I suppose the word Siemens means nothing to you? 600hp on stock injectors? Any of that ringing any bells?

What about the good old bosch mech stuff? Not good enough for you? As I guessed, you were only capable of considering two of the injection options. Get out more often.

Yup Siemens. When the are capable of remembering which way to put the plugs on the injectors its not a problem. Until the nozzles split in have and fill the engine with fuel. Lots of 6.4L running around with fuel in the oil. What I said was if you are going to talk **** about one like the other injector doesn't have problems then don't start your argument.

Yup Siemens. When the are capable of remembering which way to put the plugs on the injectors its not a problem. Until the nozzles split in have and fill the engine with fuel. Lots of 6.4L running around with fuel in the oil. What I said was if you are going to talk **** about one like the other injector doesn't have problems then don't start your argument.

Reply to my last and through the discussion that I hope ensues you will receive the reason as to why it's not the same thing...

Let me ask you this..

What do you do when you have spool valve issues (the equivalent of the poppet valve on the 7.3L Heui)?

Do you tear the injectors down and machine them back into spec like you do with a 7.3 injector?

Nope. I send them to a reman shop and they reman them. Like Pensacola diesel.

Nope. I send them to a reman shop and they reman them. Like Pensacola diesel.

Reman? What exactly do they do to fix the spool valves..... exactly?

To sum up, you don't work on the injectors, and Pensacola is your injector builder of choice...

LOL

I had a whole series of questions I was going to ask that would have shown you why the 6oh injector might not be the hot ticket, but with this last bit of info, it's just not possible to have this conversation with you.

Last edited:
Oh then it must be magical to me. I just send them out and they come back magically working. Maybe Pensacola is just running down to a Ford dealer. It couldn't be an easy fix of pulling the spool valve out. Getting the crap out of them that is blocking the movement of only .017 to one side.

Oh then it must be magical to me. I just send them out and they come back magically working. Maybe Pensacola is just running down to a Ford dealer. It couldn't be an easy fix of pulling the spool valve out. Getting the crap out of them that is blocking the movement of only .017 to one side.

Doesn't matter anymore. Pre-requisite not met.

Doesn't matter anymore. Pre-requisite not met.

Oh come on man. Dazzle me with your wealth of knowledge. Take a few shots at that rebuilder. Or how about Everglades down closer to me. Or take a few shots at the injector shop up by Eric.

OK...you claimed to be a Ford Diesel Mechanic....Why did you quit....was it they were scare of your knowledge or is this a BS story like all your " Ford Mechanic stories" What dealership were you a Ford Certified Diesel Mechanic?

I think you are a great Keyboard jocky that found a way to secribe to a ford service bulletin website....

Keep reading Doug...Maybe you can be the last 6oh god(at least in your eyes)

You don't have any kids, do you Charles? You're going to be a terrible father with your level of expectations for everything in the world..

The OP was getting some great info until you chitted up this thread..

OK...you claimed to be a Ford Diesel Mechanic....Why did you quit....was it they were scare of your knowledge or is this a BS story like all your " Ford Mechanic stories" What dealership were you a Ford Certified Diesel Mechanic?

I think you are a great Keyboard jocky that found a way to secribe to a ford service bulletin website....

Keep reading Doug...Maybe you can be the last 6oh god(at least in your eyes)

So you lost your argument on 6.0L and now you want to question if I worked at a Ford dealer? Interesting. Its sad the stuff you think you know.

You don't have any kids, do you Charles? You're going to be a terrible father with your level of expectations for everything in the world..

The OP was getting some great info until you chitted up this thread..

LOL

Unfortunately, I will not rejoice in the midst of failure purely in order to be socially acceptable to a bunch of pussies...

LOL

Unfortunately, I will not rejoice in the midst of failure purely in order to be socially acceptable to a bunch of pussies...

you whine about getting yourself banned from PSN for weeks because you don't have the willpower to stay away from your own computer.. Every thread you get involved in becomes some pissing match with you and the name calling.. You're a fukin little ***** Charles. "Pre-requisite not met".. Like a little kid with his back turned and his arms crossed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back