03/04 updates?

Any problems with cold start/idle on a 6.7 to 5.9 ecm swap? I have one I've tuned that I cant seem to get started smooth when under 30deg, it also has 6.7 injectors

Any problems with cold start/idle on a 6.7 to 5.9 ecm swap? I have one I've tuned that I cant seem to get started smooth when under 30deg, it also has 6.7 injectors

With the 5.9 ECM and 6.7 injectors, you're going to have issues.... you can 'try' and tune around them - but simply put, won't work properly ever...

Learned this the hard way. 5.9 06-07 injectors take 50~ish volts to fire.... 6.7 injectors want 100 something... the 5.9 ECM doesn't fire that high and therefore, at the lower speeds especially - the trucks not going to run right even more so when it's cold. I've tuned multiple 6.7s now WITH 5.9 injectors and electronics and they run awesome....

So - for whatever it's worth, there's the "gotcha" on the 5.9 electronics with 6.7 motor....

Thanks I heard that it wouldn't work...... but why does the 305 hp 03- early 04 ecm run fine with 6.7 injectors?

I started this thread over 2 years ago....I think y'all can forget about ever getting a product. Looks like they just have better things to do.

With the 5.9 ECM and 6.7 injectors, you're going to have issues.... you can 'try' and tune around them - but simply put, won't work properly ever...

Learned this the hard way. 5.9 06-07 injectors take 50~ish volts to fire.... 6.7 injectors want 100 something... the 5.9 ECM doesn't fire that high and therefore, at the lower speeds especially - the trucks not going to run right even more so when it's cold. I've tuned multiple 6.7s now WITH 5.9 injectors and electronics and they run awesome....

So - for whatever it's worth, there's the "gotcha" on the 5.9 electronics with 6.7 motor....

so you say a person could run 5.9 injectors in a 6.7? what about 04.5 injectors specifically? if a person can, I got his cure in house, nice set of full exergy injectors.

From the little bit of controls / programming knowledge I have, it is hard for me to believe it would take 2 years to reverse engineer the sci protocol. I mean if it had never been cracked and there weren't other products on the market already that would be one thing, but when there are and they are readily available at low cost...

If I were a betting man, I would say the early ecu's have already been mapped (done direct off the ecu on the bench), and they are just reinventing the wheel so to speak with the sci protocol.

so you say a person could run 5.9 injectors in a 6.7? what about 04.5 injectors specifically? if a person can, I got his cure in house, nice set of full exergy injectors.

I believe you need the 04.5 - o5 injector tips anyways (due to spray pattern and bowl design of 6.7 piston).... I can get the answers, or maybe someone who knows that answer for sure could chime in... i know that hte 06 spray pattern is different so you need the earlier injector tips so that spray pattern/angle is right. Sorry i don't know all of the answers off the top of my head, but i know where to get them!

I believe you need the 04.5 - o5 injector tips anyways (due to spray pattern and bowl design of 6.7 piston).... I can get the answers, or maybe someone who knows that answer for sure could chime in... i know that hte 06 spray pattern is different so you need the earlier injector tips so that spray pattern/angle is right. Sorry i don't know all of the answers off the top of my head, but i know where to get them!

The 03-04.5 are similar to the 6.7, not the 04.5-07. :Cheer:

If you guys need to convert an 03-05 truck to run efilive tuning, I know someone that's done it a few times. ;)

If you guys need to convert an 03-05 truck to run efilive tuning, I know someone that's done it a few times. ;)

It seems that someone is impossible to get ahold of.
I've sent an email and made a phone call with return
#. Can't get any response.:poke:

I thought there was some issue putting 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head?? How did they get the 5.9 to seat properly? Do all 5.9 injectors fit or is machining required?

I thought there was some issue putting 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head?? How did they get the 5.9 to seat properly? Do all 5.9 injectors fit or is machining required?

You use 6.7 injectors and fire them with 5.9 electronics.

Maybe I am crazy but I thought just slightly above my post there was more than enough detail on why 6.7 injectors will not work right with a 5.9 ECM. I have seen a lot of conflicting comments on this topic but i did read some posts from an injector group that also indicated the voltage issue made it impossible just like the above post. Did I read that wrong?

I have a 6.7 ready to go in a 2006, but it is tough to get accurate info on what needs to be done to make it work.

Last edited:
I started this thread over 2 years ago....I think y'all can forget about ever getting a product. Looks like they just have better things to do.

I am gonna have to agree. They have stated that they have dropped it to work on the 6.7's and gas rigs. No time estimation on when they will start on it again, but it's not gonna be for a long time.

LReiff do you get to keep the stock computer after the install if you do go that route