03/04 updates?

Maybe I am crazy but I thought just slightly above my post there was more than enough detail on why 6.7 injectors will not work right with a 5.9 ECM. I have seen a lot of conflicting comments on this topic but i did read some posts from an injector group that also indicated the voltage issue made it impossible just like the above post. Did I read that wrong?

I have a 6.7 ready to go in a 2006, but it is tough to get accurate info on what needs to be done to make it work.

I've heard it a hundred times over arguing both ways. I've spoken with both sides who I'd say were both very knowledgable in the subject and some have said 6.7 injectors work that the ECM is overbuilt and can handle the extra voltage and others say it's impossible.

I'm doing the same as you but still have much farther to go before it'll ever be fired so as much as I wish I could give you an answer from experiance I can't.

I would however call fleece and ask though as I know they're offering plug and play ECM's swapping a 6.7 to a 5.9 ECM to allow for up to 5300 rpm but I don't know which injectors they're using.

Ya, since i barely drive my dog 03 i even volunteered to let them have mine for a while as a mule and they just said, "
we have plenty". lol

I started this thread over 2 years ago....I think y'all can forget about ever getting a product. Looks like they just have better things to do.

funny thing... I finally gave up on 03-05 support and traded in my 2003 S.O. NV4500 truck.

Only to get a 2012 and be in the same boat. At least we know 2012 tuning IS doable since smarty and H&S already are. I will wait for EFI LIVE for over getting either of thoer though.

PS - 350hp from the factory does make the switch tolerable

whats the efi tuning gonna cost for the 03-05's when it comes out n will it have a adjustable switch for diff levels of hp?

whats the efi tuning gonna cost for the 03-05's when it comes out n will it have a adjustable switch for diff levels of hp?

It's already out, but you have to call Cindy at EFI Live and special order it. It costs another $50 bucks to get it now or you have to wait another 6 months. There's no need for the adjustable switch because it doesn't add very much hp.

:umno:
attachment.php

Attachments

• efi.jpg
    efi.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
wonder whats taking them so long to get this ball rolling...surely the 04-05 cant be that difficult

i doubt sniffing the bus is the problem. "Some" people got their hands on secret sauce info, others aren't so lucky. CAN stuff is public info based on industry standards, SCI trucks are based on proprietary (to Chrysler) stuff that isn't just 'out there' to be had. Don't think there's any need for anything to be proven beyond that unless i'm stating something untrue (in which case point me to the info! I'd LOVE to be wrong on this one!!!)

I would be up for starting a donation to the cause if it got the secret sauce info out there.

We are getting back to 03-05 development soon. We've released support for 3 new GM controllers in 3 months, and hope to make that 4 in 4 months, so our hands have been somewhat overloaded with GM development these past few months.

And lets face it, if it was easy, you'd all have a solution you were happy with years ago...and your not, so you keep on asking.....isn't that right Bob? *sniff*

Cheers
Cindy

We are getting back to 03-05 development soon. We've released support for 3 new GM controllers in 3 months, and hope to make that 4 in 4 months, so our hands have been somewhat overloaded with GM development these past few months.

And lets face it, if it was easy, you'd all have a solution you were happy with years ago...and your not, so you keep on asking.....isn't that right Bob? *sniff*

Cheers
Cindy

Very well played :clap:

Oh But Government Motors is of Utmost Importance !!!! To Heck with the small group of Cummins owners !!! Oh well Bob Wagner has got us to where we are today !!! I suppose Smarty will have to do !!!!

Oh But Government Motors is of Utmost Importance !!!! To Heck with the small group of Cummins owners !!! Oh well Bob Wagner has got us to where we are today !!! I suppose Smarty will have to do !!!!

You mean General Motors!

Thanks Cindy for the update, glad to here!