08 Dodge land speed effort.

You coming out to El Mirage still?

Last edited:
Probably not,I was trying anything to eek out another 2-3mph last October.

Yeah, this will be a different ballgame now :welcome: to the big time. Buddy of mine went 251mph in a fuel roadster, so traction shouldn't be too bad. Might be a good idea to put a wing on the back for a few hundred pounds of downforce, I know McRat went 175mph at El Mirage (Duramax diesel) and he said he had trouble spinning.

Yeah, I'll probably be there with the 911 car....make sure yours is all shiny in case I need to take photos :pop:

getimage.aspx

The only wing Im allowed to fit is one of those little tailgate protector wings that come on some dodge models.Unless I can get away with a daytona or rt10 wing.
I'll pull the ballast weights out of the model A and bolt them down in the bed on the dodge, they add up to 800+lbs,should be enough me hopes!
I have video footage of Dave doing his 300+ run at Bonneville,I was down course when he went by!

Last edited:
Cool! I know the Ford truck only put down like 550rwhp, so you should crush it.

The only wing Im allowed to fit is one of those little tailgate protector wings that come on some dodge models.Unless I can get away with a daytona or rt10 wing.
I'll pull the ballast weights out of the model A and bolt them down in the bed on the dodge, they add up to 800+lbs,should be enough me hopes!
I have video footage of Dave doing his 300+ run at Bonneville,I was down course when he went by!

Where is this in the rules? Not questioning you, jsut wondering. Last I looked, and it's been a little while, I didn't see why you couldn't have a pro-stock style wing, with large side pieces...the term is escaping me at the moment...

If he's running B/DT, then the rules are pretty tight, basically has to be a production body.

.Yup, the rules for DT are based on the Gas Coupe rules which are the same as production except your allowed a motor swap and a quickchange.I could run in modified diesel with a full spoiler and also use nitrous.

I'd go after the B/DT record for starters....you should be able to top that, even just at Mojave! If you need dyno time around here, let me know.

I see now. My bad. I won't go dig out my four year old rule book then. LOL

There are a few here in SoCal....PPE I am sure would help (Fullerton, CA) if need be.

We don't hold it against you, it's just a minor boob bo. :hehe:

Well, it has been at least three years since I looked at it...and lets be honest, it's only slightly more confusing than the NHRA rule book.

It looks like I'll be flying in from TS, so I won't be able to make it until the afternoon....you going to stick around for a while?

We are headed down to El mirage on the thursday,tech on friday,run sat and sun as long as the weather behaves itself.
I'm also taking the truck down to H&S peformance a week tomorrow to put it on their dyno and tune up the truck,should be fun!