08 Dodge land speed effort.

I just picked up a 59 f100 that I'm in the middle of putting a 12v in, 2.60 rear gears and a nv4500. Puts me a 200mph at 4000rpm. Dot know that ill ever run that fast but I'm hoping for 160+ at the texas mile

That's way cool! I have a 59 Chevy Apache that's lowered,it has an old LT1 in it right now but would love to have a grease burner for power instead.

I just picked up a 59 f100 that I'm in the middle of putting a 12v in, 2.60 rear gears and a nv4500. Puts me a 200mph at 4000rpm. Dot know that ill ever run that fast but I'm hoping for 160+ at the texas mile

I've been tryin to figure out how to post pics off my iPhone but can't figure it out. Ill start a thread soon with pics. Keep your eyes open for it. By the way I dig the look of your truck man. Very nice build

We are going to regroup for the June 9th El Mirage meet,Bonneville speedweek starts on August 10th for 6 days
I'll sort out the tranny on the dually this week,I have a used ATS 5star tranny sitting on the floor,I'm going to freshen it up before I bolt it in.

I will probably be be at speed week finally this year, helping a friend attempt to get closer to 200 on his turbo Moto Guzzi.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Looking forward to speedweek,I'll keep an eye out for ya,usually have beer on ice in the back of the push truck,if your thirsty!

I will probably be be at speed week finally this year, helping a friend attempt to get closer to 200 on his turbo Moto Guzzi.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Cheers!

This will be my cherry popper for Bonneville, I'm stoked. I already have plans for a rat rod build and am thinking on trying it out there for fun, but I have so much to learn about land speed racing first.

His bike:

fa_1.jpg

anyhow, Looking forward to seeing it run!

Yup, we made it to El Mirage with the truck,Being it was my first time running at El Mirage I was under Rookie status,Which meant I had to keep my speed under 150mph for the first run, then the wind blew up a nasty dust storm and the meet was called.
So it looks like Bonneville Speedweek August 10th will be the next time trials for us.
On the soft run I made ,the truck flew straight handled well ,the new chute tested out nicely, I cruised along at about 2000rpm which gave us a 133mph speed through the traps, The 900lbs of ballast I put in the bed worked well for traction.

You guys make it to El Mirage?

Too bad it got called early but at least you got a good run in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's cool that you at least got to make a checkout pass! Did you roll into it at all at 130mph to see how hard it pulled?

Plenty of power in each gear,turbos spooled great,power came on strong,overall very happy with how the truck performed

Congratulations!!! That kind of speed vs rpm is almost unheard of. Its enough to bring a huge smile to anyone's face. Any chance you will be at World of Speed in Sept?

Plenty of power in each gear,turbos spooled great,power came on strong,overall very happy with how the truck performed

Good deal....I still got ya by 9mph at El Mirage though :Cheer:

With a trailer :hehe:

Depends what happens at speedweek and whats going on with work,world of speed is more laid back than speedweek,plus I wouldn't be working as a tech inspector.
Gotta love the quickchange for the speed versus rpm ,it has a 2.0 ring and pinion then spur gears that can go all the way to 1.3:1

Congratulations!!! That kind of speed vs rpm is almost unheard of. Its enough to bring a huge smile to anyone's face. Any chance you will be at World of Speed in Sept?

You guys are going to have about 200-300 more hp than last time, right?

Tim, your boy stopped in the shop and told us how you did... I was excited to hear about it and glad I could be a part of it. If you need a tune up before the event in August... My Dyno bay is open!

Sent from my iPhone

I'll probably take you up on the tune up offer, I'll get my new parts on there then give you a call.
Thanks

Also need to say a big thanks to Sterling and Dallas from Diesel Auto Power who crewed for me at the El Mirage meet.

Tim, your boy stopped in the shop and told us how you did... I was excited to hear about it and glad I could be a part of it. If you need a tune up before the event in August... My Dyno bay is open!

Sent from my iPhone

Back