08 Dodge land speed effort.

Here's shot of the truck on the way to the lake bed,I'll post more pics when I get them downloaded. Maybe a video! if I can figure out how to post it.

Attachments

• photobucket-12529-1371438673423_zps5da279b7.jpg
    photobucket-12529-1371438673423_zps5da279b7.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
Yup we are at speedweek with the truck(sooty),pitted next to the Greenspeed team,AF Dick's detroit 12V92 powered Ford and Jim Dunns 8v72 powered rear engine mini truck.
We passed inspection with flying colors.just have to fuel up check tire pressures and get inline.
Racing starts after the drivers meeting at 9.00am.

Get it done! Awesome! You need to keep us up on those other folks as well!

Best of luck, Tim. What is the truck's #? I'm listening to the live feed from SpeedWeek, and trying to keep an ear open.

Steve.

Checking yesterday's competition runs, it looks like the #622 B/DT entry "Salty Box" ran 172.6 mph, which is above the current B/DT record.

If he backed it up this morning, we have a new record holder. I haven't heard if he backed it up or not.

Steve.

622 B DT Salty Box Racing

Quarter 168.316
Mile1 155.389
Mile2 172.618
Fastest 172.618

622 B DT Salty Box Racing

Quarter 168.316
Mile1 155.389
Mile2 172.618
Fastest 172.618

It looks like those were the "Qualifying" speeds from yesterday. Anyone know if Tim was able to back up the qualifying numbers to set a new record?

Steve.

Those speeds are also very close to the 175 minimum required to get onto the long course. Way to go, Tim!

Looks like a lot of people are doing well....the 12v92 Detroit monster (in an F-250!) went 228mph, maybe a new best for a pickup? My Dad's coffee buddy went 295mph in his nitro roadster (not bad for a 70 year old) and the Poteet and Main stream liner went like 441mph, or something truly silly. Wish I were there.

:Cheer:

Looks like a lot of people are doing well....the 12v92 Detroit monster (in an F-250!) went 228mph, maybe a new best for a pickup? My Dad's coffee buddy went 295mph in his nitro roadster (not bad for a 70 year old) and the Poteet and Main stream liner went like 441mph, or something truly silly. Wish I were there.

:Cheer:

Might be a best for a diesel pickup. I know the Jesel sponsored truck has been 260ish in the past. At least according to their crew there this weekend.

Did the Poteet/Main liner go 441 today? I saw they went 430 on Saturday, hurt the motor and didn't back it up. Last I saw they were slamming an engine in it. Still wasn't ready when I left this afternoon.

They blew a hole on their piston and had and engine fire, so the put a smaller engine in. They are running much slower but still faster than hell.

The turbonator should be running this week as well, anxious to watch it.

I met Tim yesterday, super cool dude. They were having issues with their h20 injection. I assumed they worked it out as I believe they made if to impound. I couldn't find him today though so I'm not sure how he did.

But we made it to the happiest place on earth so hoping for a good run tomorrow. Bike #5154! Go team subtle crowbar!

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Quick update,truck went 179.215 on saturday which qualified us for a record, then backed it up in the morning on sunday.
Truck has drive pressure issues,we made some changes today and will run again tomorrow(tuesday)
Waiting on a new lower shaft for the quickchange,as we snapped it last run on sunday.
I'll try and update tomorrow
Cheers
Tim

Back