08 Dodge land speed effort.

Filling the "hole" you are punching through the air with hot air, exhaust, anything hot and expanding, will lower drag as you are not sucking air along.

The salt on the long courses was slippery, course 3 was the best all week.

We stopped running 2, and it appeared most everyone else did as well as the line for 3 had to have been 2-3x as long as 2, and there was no waiting on 1.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Thanks!
Just have to make the truck go fast...er

New turbo going on this week with an external wastegate to relieve the drive pressure issues we are having.
Hoping to take the truck back out to the salt flats mid sept for the world of speed.

Congratulations, Tim - on establishing the new B/DT record at 177.978 mph!

Steve.

Attachments

• 539687_10151525797412413_2029275904_n[1].jpg
    539687_10151525797412413_2029275904_n[1].jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
Looks great, Tim. I hope to meet you there in Sept. I'll be bringing my Rampage.

Are the numbers and logos on your truck done in vinyl? Do you remove them? I'm trying to figure out how to do the graphics (class designation, numbers, sponsors) for my truck.

Steve.

Quick update: I'm busy getting the truck ready for World of Speed (USFRA) out on the Salt Flats. Racing starts Saturday Sept 7th through the 10th.
I've taken off the compound setup (silver 66 / s480) along with the gen 3 manifold.
Went with an external wastegate on a 2nd gen steed manifold and a big single turbo.
Its nearly done should have it fired up in the morning. Then its off to see Mr Ryan next week in St George and retune this thing.

The drive pressure was holding us back to 2500 rpm, the little internal gate on the 66 couldn't bypass enough excess pressure. I'm hoping this will help even if the gate has a short life expectancy.

It seems like that external gate wouldn't like the "extended" use time.

It should work, I just figure opening and closing for an extended time may wear it out pretty quick. As long as it gets you through a few runs, it'll be perfect

What turbo are you running. We got a customer running a 6 line QSB on a S480 with a 1.10A/R pulling 1050Hp @ 58PSI and they used the 1.25A/R before holding max boost till about 2400Rpm but your problem is maybe getting to this RPM?

With the compounds it was drive pressure, we havn't run the big single in anger yet.
On the salt flats we swapped gears around to get the rpms up and all it did was hit the drive pressure wall earlier.
The single we are running is about the same size as that S480 you mentioned.

What turbo are you running. We got a customer running a 6 line QSB on a S480 with a 1.10A/R pulling 1050Hp @ 58PSI and they used the 1.25A/R before holding max boost till about 2400Rpm but your problem is maybe getting to this RPM?

What kind of drive pressure were you seeing? I'm not sure it would cause what you're describing...but anyways, congrats on everything, including qualifying to run at the World of Speed! Looking forward to the passes.

I left my house yesterday at 5.00 am with the race truck on the trailer + all my stuff for racing,pulled into St George Utah at about 1PM,strapped the truck down on the Dyno at H&S. Then Ryan with Hardway performance retuned the truck for the new single turbo with outstanding results.
The plan was to stay overnight in St George then head up to the salt flats from there, but mother nature had other ideas and decided to flood the salt with water, so this morning I headed back home to Colorado instead of the salt flats.
We'll regroup for the SCTA world finals which start on Oct 1st,fingers crossed the salt dries out.
-Tim

Yeah, it sucks how much rain we've had in the area. It's almost a sure thing the Cook Shootout will be cancelled too and I'll be surprised if World Finals happens in October. From what I gather the salt is better suited for boat racing at the moment than cars. With no summer heat to dry it up, I'd bet the season is done.

Back