08 Dodge land speed effort.

I took the truck down to H&S for dyno time and tuning on Monday. Sterling from Diesel Auto Power came down to keep a watchful eye on things too.
Ryan strapped the truck down onto the dyno at about 9am and we didn't take it off til 5pm.
I lost count of how many runs were made, Ryan eliminated some small problems that I'd overlooked or didn't even know about! Like the ABS sensor for the rearend not being connected (quickchange fitted) this was causing the ecm to restrict the throttle to 75%,then the rail valve popped, Ryan threw a shim kit at it and fixed that.that fix alone gave a 100+hp gain.
Ryan kept on tweaking the tuning until the truck maxed out on HP
Best pull for the day was 738 rwhp 1372 lb/ft torque.
Big thanks go to Ryan and the lads at H&S performance.
Also to Sterling at Diesel Auto Power for setting this up and taking a bunch of pictures and video.
[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bigtim44/media/photobucket-9711-1367968304248_zpsf66786d9.jpg.html"]2013-05-06_09-15-55_781 Photo by bigtim44 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
yeah, tried to help the picture thing.. No bueno from the phone.

Very nice numbers though!

Last edited:
Looks like EL Mirage is off the cards for us, the tranny in our 04 Dodge dually(Tow Vehicle) has decided its not going to play nicely.
I guess I'm taking a tranny out this weekend instead:(

]
photobucket-9711-1367968304248_zpsf66786d9.jpg

Truck looks great though!

Thanks for posting the pic!

I guess its better to have the tranny on the tow truck go bad at home, rather than puke on the highway half way between sh*tsville and bumf*ck nowhere!
Suppose I'll have to use the race truck as my daily driver while I fix the dually!

Looks like EL Mirage is off the cards for us, the tranny in our 04 Dodge dually(Tow Vehicle) has decided its not going to play nicely.
I guess I'm taking a tranny out this weekend instead:(

That sucks man! I was looking forward to seeing your truck! When are you going to B'Ville?

We are going to regroup for the June 9th El Mirage meet,Bonneville speedweek starts on August 10th for 6 days
I'll sort out the tranny on the dually this week,I have a used ATS 5star tranny sitting on the floor,I'm going to freshen it up before I bolt it in.

That sucks man! I was looking forward to seeing your truck! When are you going to B'Ville?

ysll should bring that truck to texas and run it in the texas mile.. ive been a couple times and havent seen a diesel run yet. if i had some more cash id build my duramax for it but the motor is taking all the money i have, truck looks bad a$$ by the way. are you running 1/2 ton control arms or just spindles?

We are going to regroup for the June 9th El Mirage meet,Bonneville speedweek starts on August 10th for 6 days
I'll sort out the tranny on the dually this week,I have a used ATS 5star tranny sitting on the floor,I'm going to freshen it up before I bolt it in.

That failure sucks. But its great you have an "easy" fix for it.

I would like to run it at the texas mile,quite the haul from here!
The spindles are Mcgauhys 2 inch drop spindles that I modified to take the bigger 2500 lower ball joint,the 1/2 ton control arms don't interchange with the 2006 and up 2500 ,I found that out the hard way!
ysll should bring that truck to texas and run it in the texas mile.. ive been a couple times and havent seen a diesel run yet. if i had some more cash id build my duramax for it but the motor is taking all the money i have, truck looks bad a$$ by the way. are you running 1/2 ton control arms or just spindles?

Greg....do NOT hijack this man's thread again for your own chest thumping. In fact...don't post in it again, period.

Thank god for Rich guys. LOL I mean that literally and figuratively in regards to both Rich and the rich guys who can do this sort of stuff.

I would like to run it at the texas mile,quite the haul from here!
The spindles are Mcgauhys 2 inch drop spindles that I modified to take the bigger 2500 lower ball joint,the 1/2 ton control arms don't interchange with the 2006 and up 2500 ,I found that out the hard way!

There is always the ohio mile.

Once the tune started to warm up the highest the egt went was around 1500deg peak,the smaller (silver 66) turbo was choking the S480 at higher rpm's,so there's more hp to be had, I'm going to remove the 66 and run the S480 as a single....like ya suggested! Also putting bigger tips on the injectors,we need more fuel.
For El Mirage in June,the setup will stay the same except that we'll have water injection to keep the egt's under control.
We'll see what this thing can do!

Also, how were egts on that dunno run? Rather cool i:st::st: hope?