11.77 - 6.0l

Here is a link to three videos. Count the shifting, and reference how many seconds it takes each truck to get into last gear. Also notice how far each truck has to go from last gear shift to the end of the track.

What I see here:

8 seconds from launch to last shift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R_dvpicnsY

7seconds from launch to last shift:
http://www.turboneticstv.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=2406

5 second from launch to last shift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14u...strokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7317

I think all three of these trucks are roughly the same weight, body style and gear ratio. So why is the distance from last shift to the end of the track so much different in the first video?

i wonder if he backed up that 11 second run with another, and also if he made passes on fuel only

Depending on what rpm you shift at, will depend on how fast you get through the gears. In addition to this, horsepower as you know is one of the biggest factors in acceleration.

I think a follow up question should be, What RPM are you guys shifting at and are you changing it depending on gear? Also, what torque converters are the three trucks running? I had a great conversation with Ron at Sun Coast and he enlightened me to the differences in Torque Converters.

If my power band is between 2800 and 3600 rpm's, I'm probably going to shift at a higher rpm in say 1st than 3rd where the gear ratios are closer.

I would think that all the truck would be shifting are pretty close to the same rpms. I would also think that if all three truck have the same 3.73 rear ends and since I have almost 35" tires, I would have to highest overall ratio and thus take the longest to get into top gear.

Am I the only one that thinks that track seems pretty short? Like the video was speed up but the sound was overlayed as the original speed.

Last edited:
I would think that all the truck would be shifting are pretty close to the same rpms. I would also think that if all three truck have the same 3.73 rear ends and since I have almost 35" tires, I would have to highest overall ratio and thus take the longest to get into top gear.

Am I the only one that thinks that track seems pretty short?

With the SCT programs out there, many are taking their rpm's above 4k when drag racing. You may be too used to pulling where you are trying to stay in the power band. In drag racing, many times you will be quicker by taking the truck past the power band when you shift. So, he may be shifting around 4500 rpm's. I know a few people around 5k when they shift. It is all programming and personal preference.

Look at the video does it look like it was seed up?? NO. Give me a break I guess you won't believe it when you see it either ??

Look at how it launched it ran 11.7 or 11.9 either way it ran a high 11

BTW he held the camera on the truck after it was past the 1/4mi mark.

I doubted at 1st but proof is proof.

Am I the only one that thinks that track seems pretty short? Like the video was speed up but the sound was overlayed as the original speed.

I believe the trucks that you are referring to are 03-04. I could be wrong. Do you know the difference between an 03-04 and an 06-07 truck?

The 06-07 trucks have a tendency to short-shift between gears. Put up the volume on the video so you can hear it.

I don't know what's so hard about believing the kid ran an 11.77. Could it be that he is not in the clique' thereby he can not run those times. I could be wrong ...

DJ

I don't think it is that at all DJ, I think it is the fact that he is running those times with 190's and a stock turbo, and no one else has managed to do that with much larger injectors and turbo's.

Lubeowner and Redneck: I understand what all your fussing is about after spending hundreds,and thousands of dollars on turbo's and very big injectors..And seeing that a 22yr old kid with just a stock 03 turbo and a set of Casserly 190's ran an 11.77. I would be looking at every little detail and doing CSI Investigations too...Btw the pass was made at Moroso Motorsports Park In West Palm Beach,FL it's a 1/4 mile Legit track...It does alot of official events, DHRA has been there...Everytime someone pops up with a video and some good times you're going to be doubting them too?Are you guys the only honest one's and capable of running numbers?Or do we have to be from your clique to not be doubted..

This thread and the BS that goes with it has waaaaay outlived its usefulness. Congrats Frankie, and I doubt it has anything to do with your age.

I don't think it is that at all DJ, I think it is the fact that he is running those times with 190's and a stock turbo, and no one else has managed to do that with much larger injectors and turbo's.

Well I'm not trying to get anything started but obviously the upgraded turbos are not pumping in as efficient air as compared to just making up the difference with the :nos:.So theoretically speaking of course wouldn't more efficient air mean more efficient power to be available? The way I see it the only advantage some of the upgraded turbos has is they may live longer than the stock turbo but then again seems like a lot of them have been killed too.

Lubeowner and Redneck: I understand what all your fussing is about after spending hundreds,and thousands of dollars on turbo's and very big injectors..And seeing that a 22yr old kid with just a stock 03 turbo and a set of Casserly 190's ran an 11.77. I would be looking at every little detail and doing CSI Investigations too...Btw the pass was made at Moroso Motorsports Park In West Palm Beach,FL it's a 1/4 mile Legit track...It does alot of official events, DHRA has been there...Everytime someone pops up with a video and some good times you're going to be doubting them too?Are you guys the only honest one's and capable of running numbers?Or do we have to be from your clique to not be doubted..

Frankie, the truth will come out. If your truck can in fact runs these numbers I give you full credit and will give you praise. What I have a hard time believing is that you can make this power of 190 cc stick and a stock tranny. Then after watching the video I don't get the shifting into last gear at over 3/4 track when every other 6.0 I have seen hits top gear by the 1/8. If it short shifted as DJ said then it would shift faster and be in top gear sooner.

That run "sounds" almost identical to the runs my truck made. Don't watch the video just listen to it. Play it and time the shifts, they sound identical. Do you agree?

i never denied you ran those numbers, i'm just wondering if you backed it up and if you ran your truck on fuel only, an honest question, i'm not the one playing csi, i'm asking if you made more than one run, you posted the video, you proved it, now i'm justasking questions other people asked me,

why don't you come up to the ts event, maybe daddy will give you enough money to come have some fun and get a chance to meet all of us, put the differences aside and have some whiskey

i wonder if he backed up that 11 second run with another, and also if he made passes on fuel only
i will have to agree with you on this,i mean the time is run but in the real world of racing the time doesnt count unless it is backed up by a certain percentage.folks on these web sites use to be really strict about runs being backed up on the same day.however many folks have went away from this.doesnt mean the time wasnt run just not backed up yet.or he may have backed it up the same night for all i know...