170cc to 250cc Injectors?

I am thinking 62 S300 over an S480. But I am Going to try a 58 over the s480

What size wastegate are you planning on running (I'm assuming extermal)? That's a pretty big difference. I'm assuming the 58 has a turbine A/R of .70?

What ****ty spool up? You need a 66 compressor. a 74 turbine and a .70 a/r housing.

If you are talking about a turbine wheel of 74/66, than yes, pretty good spool up. Depending on what size injectors, the turbo will start spooling around 1700 rpms. Not much lag, and fairly responsive.

This is close to my setup but not quite the same. That should be a good hp turbo for a 900 hp or larger setup.

I don't know if you need to go that large. Probably 64 with the same turbine and A/R would be better. Flow the air, and still be able to spool down low for towing. A 64 should be able to support mid 800's.

What size wastegate are you planning on running (I'm assuming extermal)? That's a pretty big difference. I'm assuming the 58 has a turbine A/R of .70?

With the first set up we had no waste gate and the drive pressure was barely over 1 to 1 say 40lbs of boost to 50lbs of drive pressure so we'll see.

Wrightman......Can you give us an update on your dealings with Swamps and how the injectors perform in your truck....I am curious if they are going to be the next major player in the injector wars.....

Wrightman......Can you give us an update on your dealings with Swamps and how the injectors perform in your truck....I am curious if they are going to be the next major player in the injector wars.....

I really like:rockwoot: dealing with the guys at Swamps and they are learning more each day. They also don't act like they know everything or aren't afraid to hear you out when you have other upgrade suggestions. You should give them a call yourself then you can have your own opinion. I haven't run my new injectors yet but I am hopeful it will be a huge improvement.:woohoo:

What ****ty spool up? You need a 66 compressor. a 74 turbine and a .70 a/r housing.

Agreed!

I run a 66mm with a 71 turbine sometimes even clipped and trim the exhaust turbine a/r dependant upon what injectors and what the truck is used for. I towed 14k lb behind a 06` cclb with 8" lift and 35`s running a 66mm with 200mm sticks. Alot can be done in tuning with lock-up points and inj timing.

Finally got truck running yesterday and it seems to run good. It is snowing here right now and the shop is busy so I won't have any time or dry wheather until after Christmas or New Years to bring the dyno down. I will say that on my Innovative Street tune that the Boost went from 40lbs to 55 and I also have ported and polished heads now so there is definitely a significant difference. The Exhaust Back Pressure is still 1 to 1 which is really surprising. Our new remote oil cooler and Ams oil filtration system seems to work great. My Oil going into the motor is maybe 120* at 35* outside temperature. The coolant filter system we put on also is circulating so we'll see how good it works through time. These 250cc Injectors are really smokey if you don't pay attention to leaving from a stop. Also the spool up with the ported head is awesome. Need a little tranny tuning adjustment and I will go do a couple of launches but right now it is shifting very hard and I really don't want to break another intermediate shaft. I will post some new pics of the set up when I get a chance. Hopefully soon I will have my new 64mm top turbo and we will see how that goes.

Right now no waste gate and I am going to run a 64mm/71mm.85AR when it comes in.

That is why I try things on my own rig before I tell my customers to buy also it isn't that hard to change housings my turbo shop is very close and works well with us.

I'm in Chico. I see you're in northern Cal. Where about exactly?

What he said?...

I got my new tune for the street and it seems good. I won't know any numbers until Jan 3 when we have our next dyno day at the shop. It is taking a while to get my new 64mm which is going to have a .76 AR. Right now it is very smokey I have to really baby it on the street to not black out everyone. It lights good but haven't really flogged on it yet. I really think the new turbo will help enormously. I talked to Brian at BWD for about an hour the other day and I believe we are on the right track. I make about 15lbs more boost than with my last set of sticks and that is with my new ported and polished heads (which usually drops boost). I hope we can get this thing dialed in soon because with all of the smoke it kinda sucks to drive daily. Overall I am just happy to be driving it again. I still haven't put a real mechanical gauge on the exhaust to read back pressure. I believe when I do I will be putting an external gate on.

BP is probably high, but with the .83A/R you have on it, shouldn't be too bad. When I was running a .83A/R my backpressure was pretty low. But then again, I ran it as a single and not the hp of a compound setup.

You went S480 with a 64/71 86ar exhaust housing. I think this is what I read so far. You'll like the .70ar much nicer. And yeah just through that external gate in and you'll be rockin. GET R DONE