1967 RS Duramax Camaro

What mods are done to the engine? That thing really doesn't hook up without heating those tires up huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice,

You should take it to Sonoma :poke:.... Great to see the car run in person

Oh I will. It's raining off and on all this week so if it's clear next week I'm going to Wednesday night drags.

Car looks good! Have you scaled it yet?

Thanks! Haven't been to the scales yet. Its going to get heavier as I install sound deadener and the rest of the interior.

What mods are done to the engine? That thing really doesn't hook up without heating those tires up huh

The motor is all stock besides head studs, egr delete, 3" y bridge and currently a 120hp tune. I'm a little disappointed with the tires not being very sticky. They're good for the street, so maybe if I air them down enough and do a proper burn out they'll do better.

She did a good job with the videos.

Yeah it was her first time messing around with iMovie. She did a good job.

Thanks! Haven't been to the scales yet. Its going to get heavier as I install sound deadener and the rest of the interior.

Cool, I've just always wondered the weight difference between a diesel and the stock small/big block in muscle cars. Weight bias more specifically. I'm surprised it didn't have a bigger mph for the et with so much spinning at the line. Hope to catch up with you in Woodburn if you make it up there for that event.

Good work, glad to see it on the track!!! It's gonna be mean when you get it to hook up and get some real power out of the Duramax!!!

Chris, he won't need "real power" to get that car into the low 11s. I figure he's going to be around 4000lbs, so a decently healthy 550hp stock motor should get him there. The big variable will be traction.

Gods, I love that car and the craftmanship it took to build it.

Levi a Dmax is about 100lbs heavier than a iron head BBC
to figure 550rwhp on a 2500 4x4 is roughly 650 at the crank.. more than enough to put a 4k car in the 10s

I watched the video, glad to see you made it to the strip. You DEFINATELY need to go with a harder burnout. What were your 60' times? Looks like you spun a good amount. Any idea how old those slicks are?

I watched the video, glad to see you made it to the strip. You DEFINATELY need to go with a harder burnout. What were your 60' times? Looks like you spun a good amount. Any idea how old those slicks are?

I'll need to check my time slips, but the 60' times were not impressive with so much spinning on every run. My rear tires are not slicks, they are Hoosier Pro Street radials, and I bought them brand new last year. They are a genuine street tire, nothing like a slick...

Cool, I've just always wondered the weight difference between a diesel and the stock small/big block in muscle cars. Weight bias more specifically. I'm surprised it didn't have a bigger mph for the et with so much spinning at the line. Hope to catch up with you in Woodburn if you make it up there for that event.

It's nose heavy, not gonna lie. I would like to go to Woodburn, we'll see if I can make it up there.

Good work, glad to see it on the track!!! It's gonna be mean when you get it to hook up and get some real power out of the Duramax!!!

Chris, he won't need "real power" to get that car into the low 11s. I figure he's going to be around 4000lbs, so a decently healthy 550hp stock motor should get him there. The big variable will be traction.

Gods, I love that car and the craftmanship it took to build it.

:rockwoot:

Levi a Dmax is about 100lbs heavier than a iron head BBC
to figure 550rwhp on a 2500 4x4 is roughly 650 at the crank.. more than enough to put a 4k car in the 10s

I guess we're going to find out if a stock LBZ can put me into the 10's. I think my driving skills will be the biggest variable besides traction...

I went ahead and loaded a 220hp tune yesterday. It's still raining off and on all week so I think Wednesday night drags will be out this week. Maybe next week...

I went ahead and loaded a 220hp tune yesterday. It's still raining off and on all week so I think Wednesday night drags will be out this week. Maybe next week...

If you do decide to go, post it and you might have a fan in the stands. :Cheer: All depends on the work level and these daily rain showers we are having:bs:

Nice vid. Can't wait to see it get faster.

this car looks much better in person, saw it at Famoso. Had no idea it was a local to me car though. There's some video of it on DieselTV's videos.

Last edited:
I'll need to check my time slips, but the 60' times were not impressive with so much spinning on every run. My rear tires are not slicks, they are Hoosier Pro Street radials, and I bought them brand new last year. They are a genuine street tire, nothing like a slick...

Are you gonna get some drag slicks for it for track days?

If you do decide to go, post it and you might have a fan in the stands. :Cheer: All depends on the work level and these daily rain showers we are having:bs:

If I go, I will let everyone know. The forecast I saw yesterday said showers everyday this week... I'm also the head painter at our shop so I have a good amount of responsibility on my shoulders. The week of Famoso, I worked Monday through Friday morning and painted 16 different R.O.'s. The Friday afternoon and Monday I took off, only 1 fender was painted, so needless to say a lot more gets done when I'm around so the shop can work smoothly.

Nice vid. Can't wait to see it get faster.

this car looks much better in person, saw it at Famoso. Had no idea it was a local to me car though. There's some video of it on DieselTV's videos.

:Cheer:

Are you gonna get some drag slicks for it for track days?.

That's eventually the plan. When funds allow I would like to get a second set of rear wheels and have slicks mounted on them so I can just switch them out.

Yep. You need a harder burnout then. Get the slicks and second set of wheels when you can. I know you don't want to burn those street tires up too fast LOL. You could look for a set of used slicks just for now. I know it would be annoying to swap them onto your wheels just for a trip to the track, but your times would improve greatly. I wouldn't even use tubes in them. Palmolive the sidewalls, and call it a day. They should easily hold air for a few days, if not longer.

Back