1967 RS Duramax Camaro

I guess we're going to find out if a stock LBZ can put me into the 10's. I think my driving skills will be the biggest variable besides traction...
k...

lbz has put 6800-7000lb trucks into upper 12s. I'm sure you have the power to put the car into the 10s once you get the launch down

Rick had the Chevelle running consistent 11.1's with a bone stock LB7 before we threw my LBZ in. I would think 10's are very possible for you, once you learn the car.

I think your rear tires are your biggest problem right now. Those things aren't really great on a track even if you get them hot. And yeah, tires your size aren't cheap. :) The car looks and sounds great. Just ignore the negative comments ratards post on the internet. Most of them can't change their own oil let a lone build a sweet ride like you have!

I think your rear tires are your biggest problem right now. Those things aren't really great on a track even if you get them hot. And yeah, tires your size aren't cheap. :) The car looks and sounds great. Just ignore the negative comments ratards post on the internet. Most of them can't change their own oil let a lone build a sweet ride like you have!

:clap:

The gap between more and enough never changes.

:clap:

The gap between more and enough never changes.

Very true. I'm trying to ignore them the best I can. I'm sure you've had your own share of the same thing with your Corvette.

I briefly looked up slicks for my tire size and couldn't find anyone that makes a 29"x18.50" slick...

So go taller! 30-31 by 18?

I can't. 29" tall rear tire is the largest that can fit inside the wheel wells. I would have to enlarge the quarters to go to a bigger rear tire. The wheel tubs I installed are for tires under 31". If I can find a 30", I'd have to know the overall tire height measurement to see if it could fit. It's already a very tight fit...

I had my first incident where the Camaro left me stranded (briefly) yesterday. Drove to the fuel station and put a couple gallons of diesel in it after work, and it would not restart on it's own. It cranked over so much that the batteries got a little low, so I had to call a buddy and he brought a jumper pack with him and I got the car started and drove home.

The drivers side fuel rail has been leaking a little bit right from the fprv. Enough to leave a couple drip marks on the pavement after I park it. I've known about it for awhile and bought a used one from a member of the Duramax Diesels forum. It's supposed to be here on Friday.

I'm assuming I damaged the rail when I attempted to shim the stock fprv (stupid newb idea on my part) before I ever got the motor running last year. It's leaked from basically since I started driving it. I bought a new o ring, still leaked. Bought a new fprv, seemed to fix it for a little while, but it's still leaking.

It's having a hard start issue now. Once I can get it started and let it run for a couple minutes, I shut it off, immediately try to restart it and it won't fire without a lot of cranking and a jumper pack.

I have yet to do a bottle test. My rail pressure gauge needs to be hooked up still. Next time I run it I will hook up my programmer and see if I can read injector return rates and such. If not I'll have to borrow our shops scanner.

I'm going to replace the rail this weekend. I'm really hoping the injectors aren't the issue...

If the bottle test is good, do a return rate check. One or more with a high return will do the same as you describe.

Well 4 cups of coffee and I made it through this entire thread. Absolutely awesome!!! We met when you were in the staging lanes at Formosa. I was the older guy with the Diamond Eye hat and probably a Rocky Mtn Truck Gear T-shirt. Gorden is a good friend and I've raced him many times. He races a big rig in Super Diesel and it will run mid-11's. Great guy. I got busy with my truck so didn't get back to talk to you.

Better weight transfer and sticker tires will help your car a ton on the drag strip. You won't get a much better prepared track than what was at Formosa so might keep that in mind. I don't know what your tire pressure was, but I'd think anything over about 22 lbs would be too much. I'd have the front tires at the upper limit of their pressure range too.

Really hope you can make it to Woodburn, it's also a good track although it will probably be pretty warm by that time.

Good luck!!!

If the bottle test is good, do a return rate check. One or more with a high return will do the same as you describe.

I was able to get it running after work last night and checked the balance rates with my programmer. All of the injectors were pretty even and well within spec, so hopefully the new rail shows up today so I can swap it out and hopefully fixes the problem.

Well 4 cups of coffee and I made it through this entire thread. Absolutely awesome!!! We met when you were in the staging lanes at Formosa. I was the older guy with the Diamond Eye hat and probably a Rocky Mtn Truck Gear T-shirt. Gorden is a good friend and I've raced him many times. He races a big rig in Super Diesel and it will run mid-11's. Great guy. I got busy with my truck so didn't get back to talk to you.

Better weight transfer and sticker tires will help your car a ton on the drag strip. You won't get a much better prepared track than what was at Formosa so might keep that in mind. I don't know what your tire pressure was, but I'd think anything over about 22 lbs would be too much. I'd have the front tires at the upper limit of their pressure range too.

Really hope you can make it to Woodburn, it's also a good track although it will probably be pretty warm by that time.

Good luck!!!

I met a lot of people at Fomoso, but I'm pretty sure I remember you. Gordon was awesome, he told me about his big rig. I'd love to see it go down the strip in person. I think my rear springs are too stiff, and tire pressure was too high in the rear among other things. I'd like to go to Woodburn, but time will tell if I can go.

Being limited to 29" tall is going to kill your tire selection...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3065/overview/

Yes, I'm aware if this. I really wanted to keep the rear wheel wells stock looking, and since I had to replace the quarters, it would have kinda sucked to spend the money on new quarters just to cut the majority of it out to enlarge the wheel opening.

what tires are you currently running? what about a 275 ET street? Guys run 7's on them and cut sub 1.2 60's

Don't hack up the car for bigger tires... work on suspension tuning, tire pressure and compounds first.

My 2 cents

Not with that much weight bias.

yea i would imagine the front is much heavier, i was just mostly saying if set properly that tire can hook

Not sure if the car has been weighed yet but id be curious to know what the ratio is on the car

what tires are you currently running? what about a 275 ET street? Guys run 7's on them and cut sub 1.2 60's

The rear rims are 14" wide, so a 275 won't fit.

Don't hack up the car for bigger tires... work on suspension tuning, tire pressure and compounds first.

My 2 cents

Definitely NOT cutting anything up. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. I would rather live with a crappy 1/4 et than have to redo a large portion of what I've already done. Like you said, there are plenty of places I can work on and adjust without doing anything drastic.

yea i would imagine the front is much heavier, i was just mostly saying if set properly that tire can hook

Not sure if the car has been weighed yet but id be curious to know what the ratio is on the car

I would assume the weight bias is somewhere between 60-40 and 70-30. Not ideal, but I know that there is much worse out there, so it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't want to go corner carving in this thing, just cruise comfortably, reliably, and on occasion haul ass.

prob will just take some adjusting of the suspension with that wide of a tire you shouldnt be having traction problems at the track. Just takes some dialing in

prob will just take some adjusting of the suspension with that wide of a tire you shouldnt be having traction problems at the track. Just takes some dialing in

A much longer burnout to heat them up and taking a lot more pressure out of them will help a lot too. The only other time I've been on a drag strip was with my 12v, and it's quite a bit different than the Camaro. I have a lot of learning to do.

Back