1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

What is that part from, summitt or a factory setup

That hydroboost is from a mid/late 90's F250/F350 application. It has a short (about 5.250") input rod which works best for the early Fords. I did redrill and rotate the mount bracket... fairly minor mods to fit it. I'm going to use a bit later 90's MC with a 1.250" bore and plumb the rear through an adjustable proportioning valve mounted in cab. I will also plumb a lever style line lock to the front.

:Cheer:

this truck looks really good! it doesnt look like you are skimping anywhere on this project. can't wait to see pictures on here when its all done. good luck with it.

I like your choice of motor color. Nice job with the pics, I know it is a PIA when you have something opened up and have to clean up and take pics.
You should go work for Chip Foose!

Finished doing the fixed yoke conversion on the Dodge NV271. Just waiting for new input/output seals to get here....

A012110-2.jpg

Re-drilled the NV4500 tail housing to rotate the transfercase for an improved front drive shaft angle. I used a advanced adapter pacer as a drill guide...

A011610-1.jpg

A011610-2.jpg

Looks like I got this figured out....

This is a Eaton BB type power steering unit... I was able to order a seal kit and new regulator valve to reduce the op pressure to 1500 psi. I talked with the guys over at PSC and they said 1600 psi to my steering box (78-79 Ford) max or the sector shaft seals will leak, so thats why I went with the 1500psi reg.

HRDROKN said:
I came accross this power steering pump that was amongst a bunch of 96 motor parts that I purchased off craiglists....

P011710-1.jpg

Well it seems that I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find what application these were used and even unsure if it was even a Dodge option for 1996.

I want to use this pump on my 69 Ford Crew Cab project that I'm currently setting up for hydroboost... does anyone have any info on exactly what application this pump originates?

Thanks!

Drive shaft will be here next week.... these guys over at High Angle Driveline have taken that agricultural CV (which does not survive sustained high speed applications) and performed (what Jess describes as) a little (or was it major) brain surgery. The net result is improved lubrication and durability for street use!

:rockwoot:

Here she is next to your standard 1350 series 1 ton CV...
42degree.jpg

Finally getting back to getting this 4-link built. There is a slight tweak in this frame under the drivers side... that shows up whenever I'm trying to establish reference points for measurement.

A012710-1.jpg

A012810-2.jpg

A012820-2.jpg

:ford:

Some updates.

Have the lower cradle all welded in...
A021110-2.jpg

1960's Volvo motor mounts work nice for the trans....
A021110-3.jpg

A021310-1.jpg

Working on the final trans mount that ties in to the lower section...
A021410-1.jpg

A021410-2.jpg

:rockwoot:

Worked on the axle end of things today... after working a 12 hour night shift.

A021610-2.jpg

A021610-1.jpg

A021610-3.jpg

:ford:

you have the same idea as me for the center section of your cross member. im going with the dodge mount, but im not sure how im going to tie into the frame though. does that tie into the 4 link structure? excellent job!:rockwoot:

Attachments

• Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
you have the same idea as me for the center section of your cross member. im going with the dodge mount, but im not sure how im going to tie into the frame though. does that tie into the 4 link structure? excellent job!:rockwoot:

i like the chains better.

Garrett

I do believe I speak for most of us When I ask Just what do you do for a living? Badass project!:clap:

Yes... ties into the lower structure to serve two purposes, lateral support to the 4-link and (the obvious) trans support. I want to add another lateral support that is welded in... if I can figure out the placement so it doesn't interfere with TC removal or hinder ground clearance.

:kick:

Looking very nice! One quick question. Did you use a jig for the housing while welding the truss and 4-link bracketry on it? i've always been leery of warping housings. Maybe with a tig it isn't an issue. IDK because I can't tig weld. :hehe:

Looking very nice! One quick question. Did you use a jig for the housing while welding the truss and 4-link bracketry on it? i've always been leery of warping housings. Maybe with a tig it isn't an issue. IDK because I can't tig weld. :hehe:

A lot of the rock crawler guys weld the crap out of these things without a jig and don't seem to have problems. So with that, I welded the tubes to the housing by 1" welds 180* at a time to minimize any warping. The tubes themselves being pretty thick, hopefully any movement or warping is minimal. Down the road I need to install some alloy axles w/35spline outers and a powerlok, so I will see about checking the alignment with a little home made jig. So stay tuned for that outcome!

:pop: