1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

Got the radiator mounted up to the core support...

A070810-4.jpg

A070810-5.jpg

:rockwoot:

Things continue to come together... I will make a bracket off the cold pipe to mount the y-block for the turbo oil feeds.
A071010-4.jpg

And finished up the top alternator mount.
A071010-5.jpg

Filter position changed a bit looks like I will terminate here, rather than coming around 180* and placing on top the fender well.
A071010-3.jpg

:Cheer:

And I was able to get the new driveshaft in place.... and that isn't no one ton CV!
A071010-1.jpg

Still have to rotate my pinion down a bit...
A071010-2.jpg

:rockwoot:

I've not read up on driveshafts much but why is it everyone prefers 1pc shafts as apposed to having one with a carrier bearing? I would think the carrier would design would be more forgiving on pinion angles and easier to work with.

I've not read up on driveshafts much but why is it everyone prefers 1pc shafts as apposed to having one with a carrier bearing? I would think the carrier would design would be more forgiving on pinion angles and easier to work with.

Not sure about what most prefer, but generally the biggest consideration for a two piece shaft is length. One piece shafts are fine up to about 65 inches of tube and beyond that the best bet is a two piece. A two piece shaft will generally have steeper angles on the second segment, along with more parts and cost. I think that many people have had problems with two piece shafts in lifted trucks and don't understand how to get them properly setup, so they go to a one piece to solve the problem.

Finished up the intake filter piping, made a mount to hold the oil supply y-block...

A071110-1.jpg

A071210-2.jpg

A071210-1.jpg

A071210-3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! i was thinkin about changing the alternator mount myself. i have very little room for the inlet pipe. is your turbo oil line y block -6 in and out or -8 in/ -6 out?

Looks awesome! i was thinkin about changing the alternator mount myself. i have very little room for the inlet pipe. is your turbo oil line y block -6 in and out or -8 in/ -6 out?

That is -6AN on the inlet and outlet and has a 3/8NPT off the plate feeding it... I had intended on just using -4AN on the outlets, but fittings were more expensive.

Worked on the last bit of cold pipe for the twins today.... so here is what I came up with at this point. Just not many options for such a short distance....

A071810-1.jpg

A071810-2.jpg

:D

Wow man jus went through your whole build and its awesome! I got so many i deas for mine as i was reading, great fab skills too man

I thought I asked but it must have not posted.

Do you have an intercooler for the truck yet? I have one off a Dmax if you want it. I'm about to throw it out.

I thought I asked but it must have not posted.

Do you have an intercooler for the truck yet? I have one off a Dmax if you want it. I'm about to throw it out.

Thanks for that offer!

I will be using a water to air setup, just an easier fit.... I think!

Looks good man....

and I noticed you are pretty anal retention/attention to detail.....which is awesome on a build like this...

Did you use a tape measurer when you wrapped this?.....looks like perfect 1/2" spaces between each wrap.

A011210-3.jpg