1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

OK..... I'm finally getting back on the project!

Finished up the trans crossmember mounts....
A040510-4.jpg

Panhard link mount at the frame, keeping the angle true with the draglink...
A040510-1.jpg

Finished the links up....
A040610-2.jpg

A040610-3.jpg

:Cheer:

Kick*ss build! I cannot wait to see it finished. I am gonna have to go to a west coast gtg to see this when it is completed. And of course bad*ss fab skills!

So um? any more updates? I'm needing to borrow a few more ideas if you got them.:bow:

So um? any more updates? I'm needing to borrow a few more ideas if you got them.:bow:

No updates... had to take a little break from the build, so I have been taking the KTM out for some dirty fun!

No updates... had to take a little break from the build, so I have been taking the KTM out for some dirty fun!

You have to many fans of this thread and shouldn't be out risking your health on the KTM. What if you couldn't do anymore to your truck during your recovery? We would be left just pondering of what could have been, with your truck. LOL. Just kidding, I know how it is, every now and then you just gotta walk away and take a break.

Anyone have one or two of these.....

So my timing cover issue is resolved.... I needed to install a woodruff key in my adjustable pump gear and got that done. So I had to re-set the pump timing and while I was baring the motor over I heard a loud snap! That can't be good.... apparently one of the pushrod cups got miss aligned with the adjusting ball (all my rockers still loose is why) an popped the rod to the outside of the adjusting ball effectively bending a new Hamilton push rod! :bang

It also scored the adjusting ball..... anyone have an extra laying around for a 12 valve?

A062910-1.jpg

:owned:

I put the 275's over 450's coils on yesterday and the truck is sitting level with no pre-load.... so as I get the rest of her back together, I'm thinking that several turns on the pre-load should do it!

:rockwoot:

Also figured out what to do with this oil drain line for the low pressure turbo...

I had such a tight bend that the hose just wanted to kink...
A070110-1.jpg

So my brother from another mother gave me an idea...
A070110-2.jpg

A070110-3.jpg

Works great!
A070110-4.jpg

And I resolved my goof-up with the timing cover.... bored a hole for the pump shaft/nut to clear and then welded an outer piece to close her back up.

A070110-5.jpg

A070110-6.jpg

:woohoo:

Yep.... only thing is that I see a good number of shops in CA that can do this and more!

:owned:

cant use owned in your own post and you have done it to much so stop :hehe: btw awesome build!! loving the fab skills.

Oh yea almost forgot :owned:

I put the 275's over 450's coils on yesterday and the truck is sitting level with no pre-load.... so as I get the rest of her back together, I'm thinking that several turns on the pre-load should do it!

A070210-2.jpg

A070210-4.jpg

A070210-1.jpg

I had two different alternators to build around... Denso and Delco...
A070310-1.jpg

I went with a Denso 180 amp alternator, size was the biggest consideration as you can see things are getting a bit crowded!

A070810-1.jpg

A070810-3.jpg

Back