2.5 Rules

White Duramax

Wanting to see what 2.5 rules places are using. Mainly Ohio/Indiana, i know theres not many. Thanks

I have read the threads, not much for actual rules being used besides the ones Fleece is running.

SOME places will have a small frame rule too.. to add to the chaos!
I am all for small frame! keep the power to 675-700 and be a fun class!!

I have said all along use the small frame turbos. S300 -HX 50. I think we should have hanging weight also. No water to air intercoolers.

SOME places will have a small frame rule too.. to add to the chaos!
I am all for small frame! keep the power to 675-700 and be a fun class!!

A small frame turbo rule is not going to keep your HP in check Joe. The INDUCERis keeping HP in check. Weve seen only 10-20 rwhp difference and a near identicle power curves S300 vs S400. The only thing a small frame turbo rule is going to do is cause fewer trucks to show at each event. If more events are on board with the same rules, more trucks will compete. Look at how many trucks hooked 2.6" at Schied this past year... When you have a region using the same 2.6" rules, more trucks will compete.

The Advantage with a larger frame IE: S400 is that it is a much more resilient turbo! Its less likely to end up in orbit when these trucks are fueled for maximum effort. Not to mention, in real world DD use, most guys switching from a 66mm S3 to 66mm S4 prefered the driving characteristics of the S400 over the S300... They spool just the same, and offer a smoother powerband. Plus they are more forgiving when "chopping" the throttle.

Keep in mind this is and should be considered a real world street class. Not like the 2.6" super "street" of old. If a guy cant drive 50 miles, pass tech, and be competitive then whats the point? IE: not offer full time class pullers a pronounced advantage, just because they have all the sweet Gucci pulling gear. I dont know of anybody that drives around with 1200lbs hanging from a weight bar... But I can think of at least 6 trucks that drive around with at least 500 stuck under or behind the bumper in some fashion.

Caleb

Last edited:
Gavin, Pretty sure DCTPA is adding a 2.5 class, rules haven't been set yet. I agree with hanging weights and no water/air.

Gavin, Pretty sure DCTPA is adding a 2.5 class, rules haven't been set yet. I agree with hanging weights and no water/air.

I gave Jon several ideas of what i thought would be a great class. He did agree with all of them i think. I think we can make a great class for us, if we all get together and come up with a good set of rules that we all agree on. I think one person should not make up the rules going on what they think is best.

I see your point caleb, also cost of a turbo to is to keep in mind. With out our dyno being in yet, still waiting on facility to be built I cant test!

I still say no hanging weight, street class!!!!!!!!!!

I see your point caleb, also cost of a turbo to is to keep in mind. With out our dyno being in yet, still waiting on facility to be built I cant test!

I still say no hanging weight, street class!!!!!!!!!!

id agree with no weights

If you make it a no hanging weight class people will cheat. They will put weight in there bumpers or where ever they can to win. How is that fare to the person who goes by the rules, and has no hanging weight. If you make Gray area,s in the rules you are just setting this up for an epic fail!

The rules permit "Ballast" which means that I can throw all the weight in my truck I can find to take it from 6700#s to 8000#s. If a guy can get 800#s under his bumper, then more power to him, because from the stands, it still looks like a street truck. If you say a guy cant add any weight, IE: tractors weights in the cab, or concret block... then the disadvantage is flipped... "Dedicated pullers" would have to be creative with wieght distribution, but in the end the weight will not leverage as hard behind the bumper, as it would hanging out front. Which brings average Joe off the block closer to "dedicated pullers" when he hooks at his county fair.

Caleb

If you make it a no hanging weight class people will cheat. They will put weight in there bumpers or where ever they can to win. How is that fare to the person who goes by the rules, and has no hanging weight. If you make Gray area,s in the rules you are just setting this up for an epic fail!

The rules permit "Ballast" which means that I can throw all the weight in my truck I can find to take it from 6700#s to 8000#s. If a guy can get 800#s under his bumper, then more power to him, because from the stands, it still looks like a street truck. If you say a guy cant add any weight, IE: tractors weights in the cab, or concret block... then the disadvantage is flipped... "Dedicated pullers" would have to be creative with wieght distribution, but in the end the weight will not leverage as hard behind the bumper, as it would hanging out front. Which brings average Joe off the block closer to "dedicated pullers" when he hooks at his county fair.

Caleb

What do you do when a guy shows up with a purpose built bumper that will hold 1000 lbs of lead, and just happens to be extend forward about 12 inches from the truck? I have seen a bumper build just like this, built for a class that didn't allow hanging weights, and when the class started to allow hanging weights, he never built a weight bracket.

some sort of rule along the lines of stock bumper or no excesive weighted bumper.

i think you would be able to tell the difference from someone who has a custom offroad bumper and from someone who built a bumber to weigh a lot.

and the tech guys should check for it too

Stock style bumper with after market permitted, no texas style or purpose built bumpers, tube bumpers must not have ends and see through just ideas