2.5 Rules

yes im talking ISP. i agree last year there was very little teching going on, which suprised me and no one complained. suspension setup is key and can be done, been there done that.

btw you have prolly seen me, i used to be with scott fulrath when he ran superstock with the white dodge, we have since parted ways and im with another buddy in altered, white chevy gasser. stop by and say hi at a pull some time, im at every one.

That's Ben Linton's truck right? I'm trying real hard to get a truck and get it ready to pull in altered for this year. i pulled stock diesel this year and ran good, I even won at Kane county but I broke at yorkville and that ended my year.

I like the ballast behind the grill rule. Hanging weights are for the bigger classes.

yeah, thats ben. id like to get into altered this year but dout it will happen, prolly just pull bens truck when he cant make it. there was some carnage at that last pull in yorkville, i just remember the 2 6.4 ford that broke there front drive shafts right in a row.

Last edited:
at the princeton pull there was no tech at all cuz everybody was a scheid, so i ran my tbars and blocked suspension. made it six inches hahaha

I got teched at Paw Paw. They were just looking at the turbo. The guy made a remark about how I had a huge exhaust housing. I told him it was a stock 1st Gen. He didn't seem to believe me...

ya the tech is usually the first guy to show up, not always the best pick and is usually bias

I like the ballast behind the grill rule. Hanging weights are for the bigger classes.

I like this! makes it look more of a street class and more competitive! Makes chassis and creativity come into play.

Someone didn't pay attention in high school physics.

I am assuming thats not directed towards me... Knowing that that statement does not get any more elementary. It may have insulted some peoples intelligence, but it needs to be brought to an elementary level. If its in black and white more guys can read and understand why hanging weight offers such a big advantage when it comes to weight transfer. In all reality 500#s hanging 60" in front of the axle probably leverages harder than 800-900#s inside of 30" forward of the axle... Think fat kid and skinny kid on a teter totter...

Word usage, as far as "entry level" and "work stock" is thrown around, and people have different interpretations of the there meanings. You can call it what you want, but its a class for street trucks, not dedicated pullers. We all know dedicated trucks will be built for any class! Look at BOB, "Stock Turbo" and some of those guys are running all out pulling trucks with every bolt on they can find. Bottom line is the difference of having bump stops, sled stops, or Traction bars, will not seperate Jim Bobs 700HP tow rig, by 5-10' from Billy BAs 700HP puller. Hanging weight beyond not "appearing street" WILL open a gap up between these two trucks. Some of the avatars in this thread alone have nearly 1200#s hanging off the front of your trucks. YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES!

2.5" Is not a stock class, its not intended to be held to stock turbo, or stock appearing... Its a performance class! Its place is in between a bone stock turbo (600HP) and 2.6"(1000HP)

If you are still advocating hanging weight for this class, you still do not grasp the concept of the class as its described in the rule package at hand. Obviously its going to be open to interpretation wherever you pull, or however your sanctioning body sees fit.

Caleb

Last edited:
I am assuming thats not directed towards me... Knowing that that statement does not get any more elementary. It may have insulted some peoples intelligence, but it needs to be brought to an elementary level. If its in black and white more guys can read and understand why hanging weight offers such a big advantage when it comes to weight transfer. In all reality 500#s hanging 60" in front of the axle probably leverages harder than 800-900#s inside of 30" forward of the axle... Think fat kid and skinny kid on a teter totter...

-2: The farther forward from the center line of the front axle, the more leverage weight has to keep the front end down, thus making it more effective. IE: 800#s hanging 60" in front of the axle from a weight bar, is better than twice as effective as 800#s tucked up under the core support inside of 30" forward of the axle.

It was directed at anyone that has the same thought. I don't disagree that 500lbs 60" from the centerline of the front axle has more leverage that 500lbs 30" from the centerline of the front axle. You had said it was better than twice as effective.

That is the statement that would cause you to fail in high school physics.

Last edited:
I dont know of anybody that drives around with 1200lbs hanging from a weight bar... But I can think of at least 6 trucks that drive around with at least 500 stuck under or behind the bumper in some fashion.

Caleb

This is the reason why hanging weights should be allowed no matter what the class. If they don't police the guys hiding weight and allowing the big goat smasher front bumpers, what's the point? Plus it's truck pulling.

Also, hanging weights allow trucks of all wheel base to compete. Plus it is not expensive at all to build a weight bar.

You can call it what you want, but its a class for street trucks, not dedicated pullers.

So was 2.6...it evolved just like 2.5 "WS" is doing.

Look at BOB, "Stock Turbo" and some of those guys are running all out pulling trucks with every bolt on they can find.

And hanging weight :D

2.5" Is not a stock class...............Its a performance class!

Which is why people are wanting to hang weight.

If this true stock turbo class that a couple pulls had thrown in over the summer keeps getting the super high turnouts that it did, 2.5 should allow hanging weights...

If they don't police the guys hiding weight and allowing the big goat smasher front bumpers, what's the point?

No need to police it because as Caleb said it's actually allowed in most of the brush/fair pulls around here, unlike around you.

2.5" Is not a stock class, its not intended to be held to stock turbo, or stock appearing... Its a performance class! Its place is in between a bone stock turbo (600HP) and 2.6"(1000HP)

If you are still advocating hanging weight for this class, you still do not grasp the concept of the class as its described in the rule package at hand. Obviously its going to be open to interpretation wherever you pull, or however your sanctioning body sees fit.

Caleb

You outlined it right there - its not a stock class so hang weight. I'm not biased at all here either as my truck already weighs 8k

its a street class! so no hanging weights!

2.6 isn't a street class? Says so in the BOB rules

BOB said:
This Diesel class is designed for street drivable pickup trucks with a wide
variety of performance upgrades. A valid DOT registration and license
plates are mandatory.

http://www.bluegrasspulling.com/docs/2011%202.6%20PS%20Diesel%20class.pdf

And COTPC

COTPC said:
This Diesel class is designed for pickup trucks with a wide variety of performance upgrades. A valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory.

Truck/Class Rules - Central Ohio Truck Pull Circuit

And Interstate
Interstate said:
This class is designed for full-bodied, four wheel drive pickup trucks on the ragged edge of street-ability.

Interstate Pullers - 2.6 Diesel 4x4

They all hang weight....

those are 2.6 rules where theres 1000 horse trucks. Were talking about a 2.5 true street driven trucks being the big percentage of trucks. You have to seperate your classes somewhere. You can't make a class for everyone. My honest opinion is 2.5 is going to end up too close to 2.6 if you let them do everything but run water to air. You have to start taking the class back someplace, hanging weight is the first to go, weight racks are cheap, yes, but the weights to hang on that rack arent. Exhaust past the cab is another, big horse difference than through the hood? no, but once again to the guy in the stands and his son, its a noticeable visible difference.The big thing to keep in mind is your entry level class is what brings a lot of fans because they feel like they can relate to those trucks, and the bigger class(s) keep the fans there. in my honest opinion there shouldnt be a lot of money won in the entry class either. The focus for entry level is getting more people in the sport and get them hooked so they might possibly keep moving up. You start letting them build a lot of Horsepower and have decent money in it, there wont be a reason for them to move up and we all might as well run 2.5 and get it to where nobody wants to enter the sport.

those are 2.6 rules where theres 1000 horse trucks. Were talking about a 2.5 true street driven trucks being the big percentage of trucks. You have to seperate your classes somewhere. You can't make a class for everyone. My honest opinion is 2.5 is going to end up too close to 2.6 if you let them do everything but run water to air. You have to start taking the class back someplace, hanging weight is the first to go, weight racks are cheap, yes, but the weights to hang on that rack arent. Exhaust past the cab is another, big horse difference than through the hood? no, but once again to the guy in the stands and his son, its a noticeable visible difference.The big thing to keep in mind is your entry level class is what brings a lot of fans because they feel like they can relate to those trucks, and the bigger class(s) keep the fans there. in my honest opinion there shouldnt be a lot of money won in the entry class either. The focus for entry level is getting more people in the sport and get them hooked so they might possibly keep moving up. You start letting them build a lot of Horsepower and have decent money in it, there wont be a reason for them to move up and we all might as well run 2.5 and get it to where nobody wants to enter the sport.

Make it a trophy only class.

It was directed at anyone that has the same thought. I don't disagree that 500lbs 60" from the centerline of the front axle has more leverage that 500lbs 30" from the centerline of the front axle. You had said it was better than twice as effective.

That is the statement that would cause you to fail in high school physics.

Well I got an A in the one physics class I did take, but I was no Physics major.

If you know better the math and calculations then by all means present it, Id like to see it. Its always been my understanding that force and its use is not linear, that in fact it generally compounds(Curve). Hence the reasoning that if weight is twice the distance from the axle, then its likely to be better than twice as effective.

It was never meant to be gospel, just an example.

Caleb

A ranchhand bumper is not as heavy as some people make it out to be. 2 people can pick it up pretty easy. I say traction bars are ok but no suspension stops and no hanging weights. What about water/meth?

Well I got an A in the one physics class I did take, but I was no Physics major.

If you know better the math and calculations then by all means present it, Id like to see it. Its always been my understanding that force and its use is not linear, that in fact it generally compounds(Curve). Hence the reasoning that if weight is twice the distance from the axle, then its likely to be better than twice as effective.

It was never meant to be gospel, just an example.

Caleb

Fulcrum isn't the front axle. It is the rear axle. Which makes the 30 inch difference a much smaller factor.