2.5 Rules

1 inch of travel no injectabls at all

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Id see no problem running a water setup, there are a lot of guys running them on the street. And from the sound of it this would be more of a hot street setup type class.

They don't even run water on most 2.6 classes. Just puts the street 2.5 that much closer to the higher classes. Next thing you know the 2. 5 class is the next 2. 6 class

Fulcrum isn't the front axle. It is the rear axle. Which makes the 30 inch difference a much smaller factor.

I understand the fulcrum is at the rear tires, and agree with what you are saying. It does not however change the fact the 30" makes a substantial difference, (though it may or may not be twice as effective 30" v 60") when you are talking about transferring or relocating several hundred pounds.

It would be interesting to mathmatically see the difference...

Caleb

I understand the fulcrum is at the rear tires, and agree with what you are saying. It does not however change the fact the 30" makes a substantial difference, (though it may or may not be twice as effective 30" v 60") when you are talking about transferring or relocating several hundred pounds.

It would be interesting to mathmatically see the difference...

Caleb

Lol "may or may not be twice as effective" still no convinced eh? For it too be twice as effictive u would double the length of the lever. Even on a short wheelbase truck that has a wheelbase of 130 inches add the 30 to that gives u 160. Add 60 to 130 and that gives u 190. So an increase in lever arm fro 160 to 190. Don't believe it is anywhere near twice as effictive.

U can't neglect the other side of the lever either.

They don't even run water on most 2.6 classes. Just puts the street 2.5 that much closer to the higher classes. Next thing you know the 2. 5 class is the next 2. 6 class

Yes but doesn't 2.6 run water to air?

Lol "may or may not be twice as effective" still no convinced eh? For it too be twice as effictive u would double the length of the lever. Even on a short wheelbase truck that has a wheelbase of 130 inches add the 30 to that gives u 160. Add 60 to 130 and that gives u 190. So an increase in lever arm fro 160 to 190. Don't believe it is anywhere near twice as effictive.

U can't neglect the other side of the lever either.

Not debating either side, and I'm not "smart enough" to know the physics and math behind it, but it doesn't matter if it's 2X more effective or .2X more effective on paper. In the real world on my gasser, moving 300lbs from behind the bumper to 60" out makes a HUGE different. It goes from hopping violently to smooth as glass (comparitively), I have to be spot on with tire pressures and watch how I drive with the weight behind the bumper or in bed. With the weight hanging off the front I can run a much wider PSI range and "point and shoot with my foot on the floor". While a diesel weighs more and would most likely be less affected, it still makes a BIG difference. I feel hanging weight is a crutch in that type of class. It should be where you learn to setup a truck and how to launch/drive....

I know opinions are like touch-holes, everyone's got one......:lolly:
I think it helps even the playing field. Some Joe can spend all the money he wants on go-fast parts, but if he can't set up the truck, he's going to lose to a guy who has spent less and knows how to get the power to the ground.

Its always been my understanding that force and its use is not linear, that in fact it generally compounds(Curve).

Moments are linear, basically force*distance is all you need to know for them.

120"WB truck, hanging 700lbs centered 30" in front of axle centerline.
(150in/1ft)*(1ft/12in)*(700lbs)=8750ftlbs of torque on rear axle.

120"WB truck, hanging 700lbs on a rack, say the centroid of those weights is 50" in front of axle centerline because the weights can not reach past 60".
(170in/1ft)*(1ft/12in)*(700lbs)=~9916ftlbs of torque on rear axle.

Percent difference formula is to hard to type.

You gain 12.4% of leverage on the rear axle (ignoring the front) by hanging the weights on a rack vs behind the bumper on a 120" WB truck. You would gain 49.9% of leverage on the front axle (ignoring the rear) by hanging weights on a rack vs behind the bumper, regardless of wheelbase.

They both accomplish the same goal lower IAT and EGT's but a water/meth kit can be had for $250. Air to water intercoolers are quadruple that.

ya and i think itd be a pain to daily an air/water intercooled truck. especially in winter. i dont know for sure never done it

ya and i think itd be a pain to daily an air/water intercooled truck. especially in winter. i dont know for sure never done it

6.7 FORDS COME with one form the factory, its not that big of deal

There are many import tuners running air-to-water coolers. They put antifreeze and can get IAT's down to ambient temps. Key is a big enough radiator with a pump the flows enough. Also placement of the radiator into air flow or a fan that pushes enough air over it.

Sent from my rooted Velocity Ally