2.6 puller/street cam opinions?

Get over it????

I used to think you was probably a good guy at heart, JUST STUCK ON YOURSELF! But not after that move your just a waste of time. Did you get that "PROGRAM" running so you can show me how easy it is?

don't you need to be working on your car to be even close to competitive.

I'm taking my time to do it right , I'm not in a rush , and I have other programs that take up my time.

Greg

I'm going to give you a little advise. You have to be there with a car and go rounds and guess what you can win. I did pretty good this year for a hack working out of my own shop. How much did you win this year? Or the last 5 or 6 years for that matter. How many trophes did you win in the last 5 years? That's what I thought. NONE! How many rounds of competition have you won latley? Greg, Just what have you done in the last 5 years?

Greg

I have to ask, does it hurt you that much that a nobody jack-off hillbilly from Ohio is doing what you want to do but can't? I'm just a dumb hick living a dream. I don't have the Obama planned "program" so i can live the dream while you are dreaming of waiting on the next handout. I bet you even voted for some more handouts. LMAO!

I am by no means an expert at all, just looking to understand.

Question: I was under the impression on a forced induction diesel, there is no need for intake/exhaust overlap, which is reserved for NA gassers?? Explain please.

Question: I have heard many debates about intake porting and the extent of it. Some say mild porting and some say port as much as possible. Some say with extensive porting you loose velocities, swirl, etc. Some say you can't port them enough to affect velocities,etc. What the real deal here?? Explan please.

Thanks in advance.

Question: I was under the impression on a forced induction diesel, there is no need for intake/exhaust overlap, which is reserved for NA gassers?? Explain please.

Question: I have heard many debates about intake porting and the extent of it. Some say mild porting and some say port as much as possible. Some say with extensive porting you loose velocities, swirl, etc. Some say you can't port them enough to affect velocities,etc. What the real deal here?? Explan please.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is no longer about cams. You'll have to start a new thread for that.

Thanks in advance.

To answer your question, you want zero overlap; because there is zero chance for scavenge. When it comes to cam design, something I have been doing for many years you change only one number on a cam. Typically you change the closing of the intake event, by adding a few degrees if you have good results. What these people don’t understand about basic cam terminology is that lobe separation angle is meaningless in cam design. It’s just a calculations from what is really going on . if I change nothing on a cam but leave the intake valve open 10 degrees longer , then LSA and ILC change , but in reality the rest of the cam is exactly the same
As to cylinder design heads on a diesel. A better flowing head is better always. Swirl on a stock motor has a place for emissions. But once you start shoving air in the motor at race twice and three times stock then it’s no longer a factor. As to velocity in the ports, meaningless in the fact that the current diesel heads are so small, even in the most extreme ported heads still have velocity approaching sonic choke.
As to a few of the people that repeat what they have heard on the internet, doesn’t make it true. I don’t care if people believe it or not. I know it is from time on a flow bench and being around some of the most extreme cylinder head guys in the country.

What these people don’t understand about basic cam terminology is that lobe separation angle is meaningless in cam design.

Yet the topic at hand is the end result, and in this matter the LSA and overlap do matter. Again you get hung up on yourself and how you are a lobe "designer". Now I can give the duration, lift, and opening and closing values to a cam grinder, does that make me a lobe designer? Simple answer; no, because I'm not setting the cam up and grinding it, or doing the work myself.

You are a BS artist and a salesman that rides the coat tails of people that have the unfortunate claim of knowing you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1cHNWHc70o"]Comp461 - YouTube[/ame]

If the head is stock there is no need to lift the valve any more then .400. With the really good heads you can have increases in flow up to .600+ lift in the Cummins 4 valve and Dmax. On the 12 valve we are seeing flow increase over .800 lift.
I CNC all of my custom grinds it’s just a matter of designing a lobe with the optimal lift .

When you double the air flow of a cylinder head and then keep the valve open 60+ degrees longer, then you are moving a significant amount more air in the same time frame.
When you don’t need the extreme pressure ratio chargers in 2.6 then boost comes down to get the same amount of air in , also reducing the turbine inlet pressure , and reducing retained heat.
:pop:

To answer your question, you want zero overlap; because there is zero chance for scavenge. When it comes to cam design, something I have been doing for many years you change only one number on a cam. Typically you change the closing of the intake event, by adding a few degrees if you have good results. What these people don’t understand about basic cam terminology is that lobe separation angle is meaningless in cam design. It’s just a calculations from what is really going on . if I change nothing on a cam but leave the intake valve open 10 degrees longer , then LSA and ILC change , but in reality the rest of the cam is exactly the same
As to cylinder design heads on a diesel. A better flowing head is better always. Swirl on a stock motor has a place for emissions. But once you start shoving air in the motor at race twice and three times stock then it’s no longer a factor. As to velocity in the ports, meaningless in the fact that the current diesel heads are so small, even in the most extreme ported heads still have velocity approaching sonic choke.
As to a few of the people that repeat what they have heard on the internet, doesn’t make it true. I don’t care if people believe it or not. I know it is from time on a flow bench and being around some of the most extreme cylinder head guys in the country.

Greg, after reading this, I can officially say I honestly believe, you, are an IDIOT....thats got to be the dumbest remark ive ever heard from someone. And on top of that your someone who has no proof for any of it.....I used to not mind talking to you on occassion over the phone and talking about engines. Never again. Id rather have a conversation with a homeless man...

I will defend Greg, he helped to put alot of good thoughts and ideas into my motor, must know what he is talking about, because it runs with the best of them!

I will defend Greg, he helped to put alot of good thoughts and ideas into my motor, must know what he is talking about, because it runs with the best of them!

ever bend rods or knock bearings or bushings out yet of any of your motors? honestly? or just ask yourself this....could you be winning if you went somewhere else and tried someone elses stuff that proven and winning against you every weekend? BTW im sure he called you to get on here and say that because he has no support anymore. he runs everyone off with his big ego....and im as easy to get along with as anyone.

Last edited:
C.R.

Yes I am still a common rail system and always will be.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJusGIdTveU&feature=player_embedded"]Megatron at the Missouri State Fair - YouTube[/ame]

Is megatron still a common rail system?[/QUOTE]

ever bend rods or knock bearings or bushings out yet of any of your motors? honestly? or just ask yourself this....could you be winning if you went somewhere else and tried someone elses stuff that proven and winning against you every weekend? BTW im sure he called you to get on here and say that because he has no support anymore. he runs everyone off with his big ego....and im as easy to get along with as anyone.

I have never bent a rod or hurt anything in my motor, i have over 60 hooks on it. And, i have never talked to greg, just know that he has alot of input in my setup, and it works!!

I have never bent a rod or hurt anything in my motor, i have over 60 hooks on it. And, i have never talked to greg, just know that he has alot of input in my setup, and it works!!

Fair enough. Least you got balls enough to support him. I wont anymore

I thought you spun some bearings in it this season?

I thought you spun some bearings in it this season?

Oh yea forgot, i did spin a bearing in the driveway at my house, kind of a freak deal. Was driving it to the shed and it starting ticking. So took oil pan off and found a rod slightly loose. This was early in the season. But got the crank reground and haven't had a bit of problems since!!

Such good threads get ruined by program and other bull sh!t. Damn it. I want to support people and you can't .All a man needs to do is not use program and not take credit for everything under the sun and he might get a bit farther. It's not hard to figure out. But yet where are we at again??????