2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

i think things need to go back to square one and look at a bunch of rules that at your finger tips. Like BOB Battle of the Bluegrass, NADM, KOTTPA. To many loose ends and things that being over looked. They call the class a 2.6 prostreet for a reason. Still streetable but most are not drove on the street. If your going to allow fuel cell's hood stacks etc. You might as well let someone walk in with a gutted truck slap a 2.6 on it and take every ones money. Allowing motor swaps is a joke also. To me the rules are gonna be made up as the season goes if you going to change rules accordly. I know of others in my area dont like them. Im speaking for 5 guys.

What's wrong with motor swaps? I kind of like the fuel cell idea as well. I got contamination in my factory tank over the summer and it cost me a pump rebuild. It was cheaper and much safer to go to a fuel cell. One other thing to remember, the sport is progressing pretty quickly. If you look at the tractors, there is not one "Hot Farm" tractor used for anything other than pulling a sled. There are also a lot of "street stock" pullers in the gassers that aren't streetable and aren't stock. Myself, I don't see a bunch of daily drivers keeping a crowd interested very long.

Last edited:
What do they not like about them? I think it would be more helpful to hear what rules they dont like rather than just we dont like them. Again hood stacks and fuel cells are not allowed and never were. It was just an idea and nothing more. I talked to the BOB guy (Lloyd) a couple weeks ago and he said they had lots of problems with their 2.6 rules and that they were going to change them for next year. Also our rules are almost the same as nadms with the exception of motorswaps, headlight removal and two extra inches of lift allowed. Our rules were based off of itpas and are close enough that those who want to can pull with their organization.

I think the rules are fine the way they are but if you look at doing anymore changes its a big can of worms you open. Since this everyone's first time at doing this you should wait until the big organizations release their rules for 2010. I dont think there will be any major changes but I would look announcements shortly after SEMA.

We didnt comeup with the name. We are just running a class under midwest pullers. They have a hot farm class and a couple other to.

motorswaps is one, the dually spacer is another. and turbo rule that you cant run a nipped wheel=stepped cover. also having to buy fire suit jacket and sfi approved helmet.

motorswaps is one, the dually spacer is another. and turbo rule that you cant run a nipped wheel=stepped cover. also having to buy fire suit jacket and sfi approved helmet.
whats a cummins going to do in a ford that it doesnt do in a dodge? Helmet and jacket are for the insurance company.

i agree that the motor swaps should be allowed. i can see the reason for the helmet and jacket also. if a 2.6 truck shows up with a hood stack, and passed the tech inspection, it should be allowed to run i think. besides it would probably draw more of a crowd i would think. the only thing that really an advantage of the hood stack is it gets the exhaust out faster. it doesnt add 500hp.

if a 2.6 truck shows up with a hood stack, and passed the tech inspection, it should be allowed to run i think. besides it would probably draw more of a crowd i would think. the only thing that really an advantage of the hood stack is it gets the exhaust out faster. it doesnt add 500hp.

Same thing with a fuel cell. Just allows safer fuel delivery.

Re

i agree that the motor swaps should be allowed. i can see the reason for the helmet and jacket also. if a 2.6 truck shows up with a hood stack, and passed the tech inspection, it should be allowed to run i think. besides it would probably draw more of a crowd i would think. the only thing that really an advantage of the hood stack is it gets the exhaust out faster. it doesnt add 500hp.

If the rules prohibit a hood stack, and you show up with one, it wouldn't pass tech.

Fuel cell and hood stack don't add power but the purpose is to keep 2.8-3.0 from slapping a 2.6 charger on and running the class instead of there own. If the wheel of a bigger charger is clipped down to a 2.6 that really isn't a stepped cover compared to a 2.8-3.0 turbo without a clipped wheel but a 2.6 cover on it.

if a truck shows of from a long distance with a hood stack, and passes all the rules except the stack he should be allowed to run.

by the way how much are the memberships again and when do they need to be paid?

Fuel cell and hood stack don't add power but the purpose is to keep 2.8-3.0 from slapping a 2.6 charger on and running the class instead of there own. If the wheel of a bigger charger is clipped down to a 2.6 that really isn't a stepped cover compared to a 2.8-3.0 turbo without a clipped wheel but a 2.6 cover on it.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head.

Rules

if a truck shows of from a long distance with a hood stack, and passes all the rules except the stack he should be allowed to run.

by the way how much are the memberships again and when do they need to be paid?

He should have checked the rules before coming. What's the point of having rules if they are ignored?

If you allow the hoodstack and fuel cell I'll through my intieror back in to add another truck to the mix!

He should have checked the rules before coming. What's the point of having rules if they are ignored?

Exactly
lets just run what ya brung deal. sounds like that the way to go.

2.6 Pro-Mod Class. LOL but I think you have a serious point. If you allow one thing where does it stop.

If you allow the hoodstack and fuel cell I'll through my intieror back in to add another truck to the mix!

You know you have a pit crew. :rockwoot: Good thing turbos unbolt.