2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

lets just run what ya brung deal. sounds like that the way to go.

Not really following you reasoning here. You think that a hood stack and a fuel cell will bring in the bigger trucks yet you want us to allow stepped covers and cut wheels? Why dont we just allow bushings? I heard thats a good way to keep 2.8 and 3.0 trucks from coming out and putting 40+ feet on everyone.

One of the first post in this thread states it will be a true 2.6 class with no bushings or stepped covers. We do allow bigger wheels to be cut down but they have to fit into regular compressor housings or race covers. Everyone agreed then so why is it an issue now? Now for the rest of the rules, I asked what you all wanted from the very beginning, and got almost no feedback. We used itpa rules to make this easy for those who want to run both, but then added what we thought would make this a better class. We had the rule meeting 3 weeks ago and few people showed up. We went down the rules one by one and discussed each and every one to make sure they were what we wanted. I know some people couldnt make it and some emailed what they wanted so that we would get their thought in as well. Before the meeting would have been the time to discuss rules not now. For this year the rules have been set and will not change.
Our next issue is getting the purse set. Its a few post back, check it out and lets see what everyone thinks of it.

Adam I agree lets move forward.

Just another idea on the purse.
This is based on a $700 payout.

1. $325
2. $200
3. $100
4. $50
5. $25

Guys please give input its easier when you know what others are thinking unstead of trying to guess what there thinking.

that pay out is alot better. i know i dont want to be in 8th place and get 20 bucks, give it to the guy that should get not 8th place. take care of the top three frist. pay back five places is good.

that 5-place payout looks good. I'd probaby do 300, 200, 100, 50, 50 but yours isn't bad. kinda a half dozen of one, six of another deal.

C-ya

that payout looks a little better....i like that.

how much are the memberships and when do they have to be paid?

My vote is for the top 5 scale. If you guys know anyone who doesnt get on here you might want to run it by them and see what they think of it. Memberships will be $150 and wont be due until around the first of the year. Each member will also need to find one $50 sponsor for our rule book. Of that $50 you get $25 of it and the more sponsors you get the more money you get. I am waiting to hear back from darren and will ask him when he will want want us to start getting the money lined up. Also we need to start looking at what pulls we want to try and get. Let me know which ones you would like to see on the schedule or if there are some we should avoid.

can you explain that sponsorship thing a little more please?

For $50 a company can have a business card sized ad in the rule book. The puller who gets that sponser then gets $25 out of the 50 to basically go towards your membership. This helps pay for the insurance costs among other things. Each puller must get at least one sponsership for the organization. This isnt our rule, its from the head of Midwest.

Interesting concept.

You said that $25 goes to ins., staff, etc. What does the $150 membership fee go to? 100% of it into a points fund for the end of the year?

C-ya

The $150 membership fee goes to insurance. The best thing about the sponsors is that if everyone goes out and gets 5-6 sponsors, at the end of the year they will pretty much get their membership dues back. The $20 hook fee at every pull goes towards the points fund. If I did the math right 10 people hooking 10 times each comes out to $2000 in the points fund. The more pullers we have and/or events we pull at will mean more money in the points fund. One of the things I like about this group is that our money stays in the 2.6 class. All of the classes are seperate sharing only the name and insurance. If we get enough money in the points fund this year we might be able to use some of it to lower our membership fees for the following years.

Mid-West Pullers Classes

To start a class 10 paid memberships (pulling vehicles) are needed.
(Each pulling division will have one certified weight)

1) Each class will elect is own class Officers and 3 Directors. Officers consist of a President, Vice President and a Secretary.
2) Each class will be responsible for putting together a set of class rules. The class will also be allowed to modify delete or add too the current set of rules and then presenting them before the Board Members for final approval.
3) The members of each class will formulate its own pay scale and presenting it to the Board Members for final approval.
4) Each class will have the ability to set its own region in which the class will pull. The class will have the freedom to promote and book its class, which will be the responsibility of the class President. Each class will have the option of setting up a second region (outside the home region) with a higher purse and double points.
5) Each class President will work closely with the other class President for booking multiple classes at an event.

Membership

1) Membership dues are $150.00 for the vehicle and one driver, each additional
driver will be $75.00. Memberships must be paid by January 15. Memberships
paid after Jan.15th will be and additional $25.00 late fee. The late fee does not
apply to new first time members.
One day memberships or one time hook fee is $40.00 and must fill out a
membership form. Only 2 one day memberships or one time hook fees per
calendar year.
A one day membership can be used to drive another members vehicle. The
vehicle will still receive points. New one day membership and vehicle will not be
eligible for points.
2) Each member (one per vehicle) will be required to sell a $50.00 add in the rulebook (business card size). Members (one per vehicle) that produce a $50.00 add for the rulebook will receive a $25.00 bonus.
Members (one per vehicle) that seek out $300.00 in adds for the rulebook will
receive a $75.00 bonus. ($350.00 sponsorship= $100.00 bonus)
3) The Board Members reserve the right to cancel or revoke a membership at any
time.

Voting Rights

1) Each Board Member will have one vote on issue brought to the board.
2) Each Member will have one vote when it comes to awards and new or old ideas that are not related to class rules.
3) When voting on class rules each pulling vehicle will have at least one vote and or any member that was a previous year member that has driven 3 or more times during the current season (sanctioned events) .
4) In order to change or modify any class rules 2/3’s of the class members must be present.
Entry Fee

1) Entry fee ($20.00) money will go into each class’s point’s fund.
Protest Fee

1) Each class will set up their own protest program. Each protester will fill out a protest form and sign it. One protest fee allows for one item to be protested and must be written on the protest form. In addition to the protest fee, the protester will include a $100.00 fee that will be split amongst the class directors that carry out the protest.

Points System

1) 1ST – 10TH place points 50-48-46-44-42-40-38-36-34-32
2) 11TH -30TH 31-30-29-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12
3) A vehicle that fails to hook and move the sled will receive 10 points.

Deadline for class startup

1) A set of class rules submitted by Nov. 15 2009.
2) Class rules finalized by Dec. 15 2009.
3) Memberships paid by Jan. 1 2010. The reason for having the memberships paid by Jan. 1 2010 will show the MWP a commitment from the class.
4) Deadline for rule book adds is Feb. 15 2010.

Outline and break down of Class positions

Each class will have a President, Vice President, and 3 Class Directors.

1) President
A) President will be responsible for the leadership of the class. The President will also take care of the contracts for the class (booking pulls). Along with booking pulls for his/her class, the President will also work closely with the other Class Presidents in the organization. At the time the contract is signed and returned, a booking fee will be collected. This fee will reserve the date for the event.
B) The President will work with the Board of Directors for the organization.
C) The President will also provide the event with distance sheets and driver information. At the completion of the event or class the President will collect the distance sheets and give them to the Vice President.

2) Vice President
A) The V.P. will be able to perform the duties of the President in the case of
his/her absents.
B) The V.P. will be responsible for each members information (contacts,
membership forms, membership dues, etc.)
C) The V.P. will also be responsible for the publication of the class
information to the Members of the class. (emails or mailings)
D) V.P. will document any class meeting minutes.

3) Class Directors
A) The 3 Directors will be responsible for tech inspections, issues dealing with competition at the events. (track setup, measuring hitches, line up sheets, new entries, weight certifications and protests).
B) The Directors will be responsible for displaying any sponsorship related
items at the events.

4) Position Salary
A) Class President will receive $150.00 per year.
B) Class V.P. will receive $100.00 per year.
C) Class Directors will receive $ 50.00 per year.

Board of Directors break down

The board of Directors will have the following members and duties.

1) Board President (1 for IN and 1 for IL) – Will be the main representatives for the club. Oversee all class rules for each class. Handle any legal papers for the club. Assist in handling of any conflicts or issues within the classes if the class presidents are unable to resolve them. This position requires you to have home or cell phone service along with internet service at your residence. This will allow for an open channel of communication to the other Board Members and Members of the club. The Board President must be available to attend the pulls.

2) P.R. (Public Relations) Coordinator – Will maintain and oversee the website. The P.R. Coordinator will also work on the promotional items for the club such as sponsorship, advertising and R&D for the club. Once the pulling season is completed a Thank You letter will be created and sent out to the location. This position will require home or cell phone service along with internet service at your residence. This will allow for an open line of communication with the Board Members and members of the club. The P.R. Coordinator will work closely with the Board Members of the club.

3) Board Secretary (1 for IN and 1 for IL) - will send out club communications, such as meeting info, banquets, membership forms and all necessary class paperwork to class presidents. The Board Secretary will document all Board Member meeting minutes. A master file of all the classes and club information will be maintained by the Board Secretary. It will be the responsibility of the class president to forward all information the Board Secretary. This position requires home or cell phone service along with internet service at your residence. This will allow for an open line of communication with the Board Members and Members of the club. The Board Secretary must be available to attend the pulls if needed.

5) Class Presidents- Will oversees the class they participate in. The Class President will lead the class meetings and will present any changes that his/her class would like to make as far as performance rules and payouts etc. to the Board of Directors for a final vote. This position requires home or cell phone service along with internet service at your residence. This will allow for an open line of communication to the Board Members and Members of the club.

6) Board Members- Will collectively put together a set of General Rules that will cover all classes based a pone input from the each class.

I don't have a problem with any of the rules. If you guys want to allow hood stacks then let em come in. The only thing I'd like to see changed is to see racing seats allowed. In ITPA you can run them as long as their are two matching front seats are mandatory and must be upholstered. That might be the only hang up for me.

Yea we have already committed to these rules, and if we change one we will have to change them all. Maybe next year we can fine tune them a little more if they dont work well this year. What does everyone think of the top 5pay scale? This will be the next thing we have to decide on before we can start taking memberships and booking pulls. Also if you guys know someone who is interested but hasnt got ahold of us yet, we need their information. I would like to have a way to reach every member so that we can send out updates and info. This would also be a good idea so that everyone gets their thoughts and oppinions in. When we start booking pulls I will need lots of input as to where we should have them.

I ran our top 5 pay scale past darren and he said:

"From what I have been threw in the past as far as the pay scale goes the more spots you pay the more trucks that will show up at the event. If we only pay 5 spots usually you will only have 8 trucks show up. if you pay 8 spots they you will have 11-12 show up and with paying 10 spots you will have 13-15 trucks show up. Now the more trucks that show up means more entry fee money that will go to the points fund.
Events want 10-15 in a class.

If we only pay 5 spots will we have 10-15 trucks at the events?? That means 5-10 guys going home without any money."

I think he wants to make sure enough trucks show up at every pull. I am all for the bigger payout but we do need to make this year count. Everyone ok with the fact that most of us wont get paid? Also remember if we put on a good show this year we can raise the purse next year. What do you guys think?

Just my opinion theres not much difference in goin home with 0 or 20 bucks... i like the top five if not who wants to show up to win first if its only gona b around 100 bucks alot of guys wont waste their time....