2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

Well said, i just leave mine at home n the shed for $100 bucks. That wont start to cover fuel there n back or parts that may break.

Dont get me wrong, I would like to take home $300+ for a win, but after talking to darren I can see where he is coming from too. 99% of us are brush pullers who have been pulling for $100-$200 to win. Since there are few rules at the brush/county fair pulls bigger and hotter trucks sometimes come in and take that first place money leaving you with 2nd or worse and even less money. Now say that we have the higher payout for 1st through 3rd and hot 2.6 trucks join us (fitting all the rules) and take 1st through 5th at every single pull. So if you knew you would be pulling for at most 3rd place($100) every time, would you still come even if first place was $1000?

Also we are going to have a points fund paying the top 6 trucks that make 75% of the pulls at the end of the year. I ran some numbers real quick and if we have top 5 pay out and 10 trucks at every pull for 20 pulls that comes out to $4000 in the points fund. Now say the first place guy in points gets 20% or $800. Now what if we pay back 7-8 spots and 20 guys show up each time because they know they have a better shot at getting something, even if it only pays back the hook fee and a little gas. That 20 guys at each pull doubles the points fund to $8000 and the percentages payed out from the points fund at the end of the year. 1st place at 20% would now get $1600.

I am all for the big payout but what he said makes a lot of sense too. Who wants to go to a pull with a big payout knowing they arent going to get it? I would rather have more trucks this year and have the organization be around for more than a year. After saying all that darren said in the end it is whatever we decide for the payout.

At any given nite your could have half dozen hot 2.6 trucks show up and still take all the money and pass the rules and go home empty handed. That where your rules will come into play on the hot 2.6 trucks. If you have bigger payout you will have a more competitive class and guys and gal's will be up for some traveling. I still say 5 spot pay out.

I agree but the question is if the hot trucks take all the money 10 pulls in a row, are you going to drive to pull 11?

I think the idea of the organization isnt to draw big trucks in for a pull here and there, but to get the same group of people together for a series of pulls. In our group not everyone has a dedicated puller and can go all out making it the best. We need to make this worth it for all our current members not people who will be drawn in by a big payout.

Top 5 pay scale it is. Now does everyone agree on numbers?
1st $325
2nd $200
3rd $100
4th $50
5th $25

Should we stay with a $700 purse or try and go higher? With our numbers and if everyone shows I think we could ask for more.

There are still people whos info we dont have. I would like to be able to get ahold of everyone instead of having to pass the info through several people. Im thinking of getting all the emails together so I can spread info faster. Im not sure if everyone sees this thread or is even on here for that matter.

Also darren still wants a picture of one of our trucks pulling to go into the logo. Mines too ugly so I need the pictures you have.

I'll have to dig up some pics. I have some good shots of your guys trucks. Just have to find them.

Some of us are heading up to terre haute to get somemore info from darren on the 5th. Would anyone up north be interested in getting together up there? I can bring print outs of the material we have. After this meet we will start taking membership dues and booking pulls.

We will be meeting at the bowling alley in Sullivan at noon this saturday. I will get the address posted up tomorrow.

Ok guys heres the address, Sullivan Lanes 1616 North section St. Sullivan IN. We get the meeting room for free as long as we eat lunch there. The first part will be the officers meeting to go over contracts and stuff like that, then the individual classes can meet to go over anything they need to talk about. If anyone needs something thats not posted let me know so I can bring the papers we already have.
I now have the contact list of all the county fairs so after the meeting we can start booking pulls. Also if you guys know anyone who would like to join the other classes I can get info for the hot farm, altered farm and gas truck classes. I think we will be getting some others after the meeting as well.

You might try to contact Jared Belt or Shelby Belt to get Marion county fair Adam. I know that the guy who put it on this year was a joke plus his sled was junk. I'll try to find numbers to pm you if your interested.

Yea that would be good. I have lots of contacts for indiana and illinois but only one in ky.