2.8 13mm p-pump 800hp??

C.Smith

UpInSmoke
Going to a p-pump this year and have some ???'s Just like to get everyone's $.02:thankyou2:

So to start its the 01 in my sig! here's what I'm putting in it!
13mm pump around 880cc at 18mm rack
Haisliey kit .093 or .120 lines (probly .120)
Drop in cam no fly cutting bolt on gear (probly Hamilton regrind)
Springs (probly Hamilton 110#)
Push rods not sure which ones yet
Bump up FASS to 50psi
.120 connecting tubes
ex header t6 flange

Ok ??? time!

Is this setup good for 800hp? If not what else do I need?
What are the 12mm ARP studs good to without o-rings?
.120 lines and tubes to big? I don't care if it lopes ,kinda hope it does so it at least sounds like it has as much $$$ in it as it does!:banghead:
Are the 11 hole 200hp inj going to take this without blowing a tip off and do I really need them set to a different pop off?
If I need to O-ring what does it cost?
While the head is off how much to knock the intake off and port?

I know I've got a million more ???'s but lets start with this!:thankyou2:

I have zero exp with ppump thus far until about 2 weeks ago. But it won't really lope without an ag gov. I am scared of 11injectors as must big one I been seeing are in mutiples of 5 or 6X.014-20. I would just do firerings right off the bat. Monster lines and crossovers are fine with PPump. Taking the intake and porting I did myself. About three hours in front of a mill and over a week grinding polishing. Ok I am spent someone else chime in on the 13mm PP

I would not go any bigger than .093 lines, and stick with the 6 hole injectors.

I would not go any bigger than .093 lines, and stick with the 6 hole injectors.

At what point are the .093's maxed out? Next year I would like to put a stout bottom end together ,fly cut pistons ,bigger cam ,s400/s500 twins ,max the pump out at 1000cc ,and don't want to restrict the flow any!:evil

Now I know there probly not going to be a restriction but you never know when a cheap SIGMA could pop up!!:hehe:

If you have a 13mm pump that fuels 880cc's of fuel and you have the air, you will be way over 800 hp.

I hope you dont plan on driving this thing on the street.

I hope you dont plan on driving this thing on the street.

:evil The thought might have crossed my mind a time or two!LOL I have a very (ok extremely) lose definition of street able!!:rockwoot: What exactly would make it not drivable any way! It's not like I'm putting a hand throttle ,ag gov or reverser on it! Plus if you put the hand throttle on the left you could still shift the 6sp with your right!:hehe:

But I do plan on sliding the plate back ,cutting boost to the afc and maybe switch out a few of the other goodies. So I can seat the clutch back in between pulls! :drive:

If you have a 13mm pump that fuels 880cc's of fuel and you have the air, you will be way over 800 hp.

Heck 600cc's should be plenty for 800hp, and my 12mm pump is set at 650cc's. Granted, the 13mm will give you better delivery, but I'd consider it overkill (not a bad thing though:hehe:)

Chris

Serious though I thought about this:evil:evil
I was driving home last night and was working on my timing! Pull back left hand throttle shift with right:drive: and I think it would be better if it was the other way ( pull back to apply throttle push to release) but then when the throttles forward how do you get out?

Heck 600cc's should be plenty for 800hp, and my 12mm pump is set at 650cc's. Granted, the 13mm will give you better delivery, but I'd consider it overkill (not a bad thing though:hehe:)

Chris

I knew I wanted a lot of fuel and thought that it would be easier on a 13mm cause the 12mm would be maxed from the get go! Would be better to have a 13mm at 65% than a 12mm at 100% ,plus then I'd have to buy another pump later! Enough is never Enough!:evil

I should have the answer to the HP question at TS. Im rather curious myself.

850cc on mine

Was thinking the top 2.8 trucks were in the 900 range?

S471, T4 manifold, 6x18, Helix2, 0.093 lines and tubes, Fass, 2 stages of water

Well, whichever one of us gets there first let the others know how it runs.:hehe:

My pump has 5k's, I doubt Ill be turning over 4500 with the turbine housing Im getting though.

Was thinking the top 2.8 trucks were in the 900 range?

Keep going up! O know some, if not all ITPA 2.8 truck are over that....by about 200hp....

But like stated, stick with some 6 hole injectors, it will save you money down the road!

As far as the 13mm, I woud say you need it, but it will sure help. 12mm will get you way past 800hp, but whats another 2500 buck anyway!?!?!?!

Rochie ,Bosshawg and Sig600 what do you guys think am on track ,is there anything else I need? Will my injectors work for now? I'm running out of cash for now!

The 13mm pump with ag. gov. is needed to hold the high rpm(above 4000) down track with full fuel . A worked over 12mm pump will not provide enough fuel over 3800 rpm.

Keep going up! O know some, if not all ITPA 2.8 truck are over that....by about 200hp....

But like stated, stick with some 6 hole injectors, it will save you money down the road!

As far as the 13mm, I woud say you need it, but it will sure help. 12mm will get you way past 800hp, but whats another 2500 buck anyway!?!?!?!

I think the 200HP higher number is on an engine dyno. 900hp on a chassis dyno will probably get you in there.