2.8 13mm p-pump 800hp??

You guys adjust the pop off pressure on the sticks going from a VP to a P pump? I was just gonna run my old mach 6's on my truck. Might get F1 to adjust them some for the P pump, but it should work nicely.:blahblah1:

You guys adjust the pop off pressure on the sticks going from a VP to a P pump? I was just gonna run my old mach 6's on my truck. Might get F1 to adjust them some for the P pump, but it should work nicely.:blahblah1:

IIRC Don said more had to be done besides just changing the pop off pressures.

So the fuel turning that 90 isn't a big disadvantage? Seems like there would be a limit to that or the high hp guys wouldn't be going to the JD injectors?

That 90* turn must not be too bad...there are dozens of CR guys now making big power (1,000+) and their injectors have to make that same turn.

I just guessing but, I think that the injector is capable of fueling 1200hp. After that with the RPM's the big boys turn the top feed has an advantage.

St. Joseph diesel can make dual feed 24v injectors. $2200 for some 6x18's with both feed holes way bigger than stock.

IIRC Don said more had to be done besides just changing the pop off pressures.

Something about changing the pintle spring and maybe the pintle. Good luck getting a set. I pm'd him about some months ago and never heard a word.

There a local guy here that has a 24v p7100 truck and runs the 24v injectors. I can find someone local to do the pop-off adjustment. I know that Don has a set of injectors just for the 24v P pump conversion, but they aren't cheap. I'm not gonna break the bank on this build, so its not gonna happen. I'm only going to 4000 rpms, and run standard, no fly cuts on the pistons. I have two engine on the go, so I can try a couple different set-ups.

There a local guy here that has a 24v p7100 truck and runs the 24v injectors. I can find someone local to do the pop-off adjustment. I know that Don has a set of injectors just for the 24v P pump conversion, but they aren't cheap. I'm not gonna break the bank on this build, so its not gonna happen. I'm only going to 4000 rpms, and run standard, no fly cuts on the pistons. I have two engine on the go, so I can try a couple different set-ups.

It is your call but I would send them back to Don and let him do it, I thought of going the same route and having a local do it but decided it is a valuable piece in making big numbers so I let the builder take care of the adjustment.
Brandon

Going to a p-pump this year and have some ???'s Just like to get everyone's $.02:thankyou2:

So to start its the 01 in my sig! here's what I'm putting in it!
13mm pump around 880cc at 18mm rack
Haisliey kit .093 or .120 lines (probly .120)
Drop in cam no fly cutting bolt on gear (probly Hamilton regrind)
Springs (probly Hamilton 110#)
Push rods not sure which ones yet
Bump up FASS to 50psi
.120 connecting tubes
ex header t6 flange

Ok ??? time!

Is this setup good for 800hp? If not what else do I need?
What are the 12mm ARP studs good to without o-rings?
.120 lines and tubes to big? I don't care if it lopes ,kinda hope it does so it at least sounds like it has as much $$$ in it as it does!:banghead:
Are the 11 hole 200hp inj going to take this without blowing a tip off and do I really need them set to a different pop off?
If I need to O-ring what does it cost?
While the head is off how much to knock the intake off and port?

I know I've got a million more ???'s but lets start with this!:thankyou2:

I have zero exp with ppump thus far until about 2 weeks ago. But it won't really lope without an ag gov. I am scared of 11injectors as must big one I been seeing are in mutiples of 5 or 6X.014-20. I would just do firerings right off the bat. Monster lines and crossovers are fine with PPump. Taking the intake and porting I did myself. About three hours in front of a mill and over a week grinding polishing. Ok I am spent someone else chime in on the 13mm PP

No ag gov. here.... .120 lines .93 tubes.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgC7LN2j_FM

i generally set all of the injectors i pop to 4100-4500 psi depending on application... my '94's injectors are at 4100 psi and you can tell an immediate difference... most 24v performance injectors come pre-calibrated at around 270 bar which is around 4000 psi

i generally set all of the injectors i pop to 4100-4500 psi depending on application... my '94's injectors are at 4100 psi and you can tell an immediate difference... most 24v performance injectors come pre-calibrated at around 270 bar which is around 4000 psi

I thought 24v were 300 bar POPs?

How much difference is there in the injector between a regular 24v engine and an injector that design just for a P pump? I would like to see data for injector that flow the same amount of fuel vs an 24v injector that been adjusted or designed for the P pump? Do you just adjust the spray pattern or just change the pop pressure?

So if you adjust the pop pressure from a 24v to go to a 12v pop pressure, on a 24v p pump conversion does the truck work better? Whats different between a standard competion 24v injector vs. a 24v p pump design injector? Beside the lack of CC's of fuel (volume) that a VP has. I still think that a 24v P pump truck can run the standard 24v injectors. I'm a newbie into the world of P pumps, so I have to ask the difficult questions.

When you lower the injector tip pressure, how does that effect injector nozzle pattern?

theres are guys that run regular vp injectors in a ppumped 24v but i think you would benefit if the injectors were adjust correctly to run with the ppump