2 stage/dual stage water to air for a daily driver

images

There we go. The tstat does not just open the port to the radiator but also closes the bypass. This is why you effectively reduce the cooling capacity when you remove the tstat you decrease max radiator flow due to hot coolant just returning to the suction side of the pump and back threw the engine again.

So those who say removing the tstat will not reduce the cooling capacity of the system are wrong.....those who said you need it to slow the coolant down in the rad....yeah your wrong too....LOL

Last edited:
Dang thing looks like chocolate chip but tastes like computer screen. LOL

I don't know why I didn't think of that when someone said about overheating faster with no thermostat.

those who said you need it to slow the coolant down in the rad....yeah your wrong too....LOL

Oh yeah?
Monkey Fist Rage

Last edited:
Dang thing looks like chocolate chip but tastes like computer screen. LOL

I don't know why I didn't think of that when someone said about overheating faster with no thermostat.

Surprised it doesn't still taste like the vag you had on there last night.

Monkey Fist Rage

Surprised it doesn't still taste like the vag you had on there last night.

Monkey Fist Rage

In order for it to taste like vag there would have to been a vag pressed up against my computer screen. That didn't happen.

The vag I had had on the computer screen tasted like a comptuer screen, just like the cookie. :confused:

Are you running your a/w between stages and after the secondary? Im curious to see how this works for you.

Yup. I'll have to get two more temp gauges to measure after each cooler. I still need another boost gauge now that I think about it for the primary boost. Damn it.

Mike and I had talked before about running a belt driven mechanical pump to supply the coolers, what do you guys think about that?

Which is more resistance for one pump with dual outlets?

Pumping through one circuit with 4 components, or use more hose and split the components between two circuits.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Which is more resistance for one pump with dual outlets?

Pumping through one circuit with 4 components, or use more hose and split the components between two circuits.

I think that's a hard question to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a hard question to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol why i asked.

Also, I'm sure circuit isn't the proper word when talking about water, but I can't think of the right word.

Two parallel circuits will outflow one series circuit with the same components.

Well that pump you listed on summit at 55gal/min is way to much to squeeze through those frozen boost heat exchanger cores in series. Yet that is likely the flow you are looking for. So either split it or run two smaller pumps.

Not sure how I feel about splitting the flow as there will be a bias to the path of least resistance but if the two circuits are very similar should be close.

Well that pump you listed on summit at 55gal/min is way to much to squeeze through those frozen boost heat exchanger cores in series. Yet that is likely the flow you are looking for. So either split it or run two smaller pumps.

Not sure how I feel about splitting the flow as there will be a bias to the path of least resistance but if the two circuits are very similar should be close.

They will be the exact same down to a few inches of hose.

I figured with the exchangers being last in the circuit that they wont be subject to as much pressure/flow as the coolers. Am i making sense?

I still think I would run 1" through the entire system, a local fab shop shop should have no trouble putting larger bungs in

They will be the exact same down to a few inches of hose.

I figured with the exchangers being last in the circuit that they wont be subject to as much pressure/flow as the coolers. Am i making sense?

The arrangement won't matter, the total pressure drop will be the same in the system one way vs another.

Unless you run them in parallel, vs series, then it will be much less of a pressure difference, as discussed by JSP above.

I still think I would run 1" through the entire system, a local fab shop shop should have no trouble putting larger bungs in

I'm flat broke for a few months. Eventually the bungs will get swapped. I'll still run 1" hose through the hole thing if possible.

The arrangement won't matter, the total pressure drop will be the same in the system one way vs another.

Unless you run them in parallel, vs series, then it will be much less of a pressure difference, as discussed by JSP above.

Excellent thanks.