24 valve P-pump.... And Then Some....

I was able to find some awesome stripper today. I have most of the paint off. I'll have to pick up a small brush tomorrow to take off the rest in the small cracks. Really glad i made this decision!

76_zps7445578a.jpg

77_zps10221729.jpg

78_zpse74ad9b7.jpg

79_zpseead3196.jpg

80_zpsfbc0e5a0.jpg

Looks good!!! When I get a chance i need to do so to my pump, and my injection lines.

I found some rustoleum aircraft stripper at autozone, melted the paint right off. I'm sure that stuff that Ghostman posted would work just as well. And as he said do NOT get this on your skin haha! I knelt down on a can on accident and sprayed my whole leg.... not fun!

Last edited:
Any updates?

Just got back from Colorado a couple weeks ago from being there for about 2 weeks so I haven't felt like doing much. I have dropped off my block, head, rods and crank shaft to diamond machining just this last saturday. Once that stuff gets done it will be game on to get everything else done and finally start building.

Since Brent feels he doesn't need to update his build thread, I'll do it for him. He should be getting his stuff back from the machine shop shortly. He's pretty much down to getting internal parts together. Then we will commence in getting the engine back together, back in the truck, and start hanging parts. Trans changes will come somewhere in the mix of all this. Manual vb, different stall converter and so on. Not a quick process by any means. But everything is well thought out and will be done right.

More updates to come shortly. I'll tell him to get some pictures together as more parts come in to keep this thread interesting. LOL

Long time no post. Picture time!

Block, head and crank back from the machine shop. Very impressed with their work!
81_zpsca2bfca7.jpg

82_zps59b8aed4.jpg

83_zps57796e5d.jpg

Decided to build my center console today, only took me about 5 hours total to make it and I only have $90 in it will lots of material left over.
84_zpsca5b886d.jpg

85_zps640c3c7d.jpg

86_zpsb313d00d.jpg

87_zps6334eb9f.jpg

88_zps5d84269f.jpg

89_zps2fac83da.jpg

90_zps0c1fcda8.jpg

91_zps085187bc.jpg

92_zpsb32aa195.jpg

Engine looks sharp! Also that's a huge ****ing center console, add some storage compartments to it to break it up a bit.

Posted from the mind of the reincarnation of Bob Saget's evil twin.

Nice build, what wheels are on the truck in the first pic in the photo. Any more pics of them?

Engine looks sharp! Also that's a huge ****ing center console, add some storage compartments to it to break it up a bit.

Posted from the mind of the reincarnation of Bob Saget's evil twin.

I'v thought about it but i really like all the arm room I have and its really not that big once you are in the truck with it.

Alright guys I am having a difficult time deciding on what pistons to buy and i need some suggestions. I'm running my S475. I have 6X18 SAC injectors and most likely nitrous. I'm not sure whether to go with the mahle aluminum, mahle aluminum coated or the stock cummins coated. obviously I am trying to save money. If the cummins coated pistons hold up in my type of build i would rather use them.

Back