30+ mpg again

so i have a question for you.....running no fan and new stock thermostat. my truck does not get over 160*, unless it sits idle for about 20-30 minutes than it goes up to 190.
Sounds like your t stat is stuck open.

im going to try tapping it and see if it loosens up. im still going to put a piece of .050 aluminum sheeting in front of the radiator.

X2 on the stuck thermostat. Sounds about like mine. Wont heat up if air is moving over the radiatior. I had good luck with a piece of cardboard between the intercooler and radiatior.

mine still takes a while to warm up (think my t stat is stuck open). only time i worried was when i got stuck in traffic this summer.

try driving through the desert in the summer here. 115*+. definitely started to heat things up for me. had a hard time keeping temps in check with the single taurus fan.

Garrett

try driving through the desert in the summer here. 115*+. definitely started to heat things up for me. had a hard time keeping temps in check with the single taurus fan.

Garrett

Wow. Yeah, the heat index was 100*+ for about 3-4 weeks this year. Got stuck in traffic in nashville a few times, the hottest it got was ~210*.

If it got that hot out here. I would have to rig up some kind of coolant by pass.

well after the cam install, tonneau cover and timing bump to 22*. i picked up 3mpg, im sure if i can keep my foot out of it, i can get 1 or 2 more. also i finally got the truck to run hotter, havent seen any change other than theres no haze. im waiting for the first snow fall to swap out to my highway tires and hopefully pickup a little more. im also swapping to a 5w40 oil for the winter as well

yea. the cam is a HUUGGEE help tho. the amount of lowend TQ this thing has is outstanding.

forgot to add, that i went from a straight pipe 5" dumping before the tire exhaust, to a full 4" exhaust with FTE 30" resonator. the truck is so quiet now and has no drone. absolutey no change in performance

well after the cam install, tonneau cover and timing bump to 22*. i picked up 3mpg, im sure if i can keep my foot out of it, i can get 1 or 2 more. also i finally got the truck to run hotter, havent seen any change other than theres no haze. im waiting for the first snow fall to swap out to my highway tires and hopefully pickup a little more. im also swapping to a 5w40 oil for the winter as well

I went to valvoline 5w40 last oil change. Seemed to help.

My boss put 5w40 in his diesel jetta. He said he picked up close to 2mpg.

im hoping to drive the balls off this thing, since i havent driven it for more than 3-4 months before tearing it back down. i wanna keep as little miles on my ford as possible

trade you the gv adapters for the parts to go back!
CompD Mobile Device

CR's suck...you can't black out a freeway as easily as with a p-pump!!
CompD Mobile Device