30+ mpg again

thanks!!! have you been able to keep temps around 200 with this, or do i need to get a different thermostat too?

thanks!!! have you been able to keep temps around 200 with this, or do i need to get a different thermostat too?

mine still takes a while to warm up (think my t stat is stuck open). only time i worried was when i got stuck in traffic this summer.

I actually use a piece of card board to block the air so it will come up to temp. Ac and towing are the only things that get it up to temp. 210* is the highest I've seen with no fan. I now have a smallish electric fan that I never use since I don't use the ac an ride with the windows down.

Its so much nicer working on the truck without the fan and shroud. Oh I run a 190 t -stat

^ did you just pull the fan or everything and run a shorter belt?

I just yanked the fan. I also gotta run a full sheet of cardboard in front of the radiator for 8 months out of the year.

sent from my phone

I deleted the shroud and shortened a piece of pushlok and left the coolant tank hanging and for the washerfluid I ziptied it to the radiator hose.

Sent from my BB 9650 while enjoying air ride and country music

How did you delete the shroud, without removing the coolant and washer bottles?

Remove the cooant over flow (mine was cracked anyway), leave just enough of the shroud to hang the wwf bottle (i left the 2 bolts, and a tang on the bottom)

Last edited:
I removed my shroud and ziptied the coolant and washer fluid to the radiator. Almost in the same spot the washer fluid and coolant were before.

For anyone looking for mpg and lowend tq, buy the hamiliton 178/208 cam!!!!!!

What have you gained?

Also i noticed in one of your pics that you have ran stock wheels with a narrower tire and a wider tire on like an 18... Have you noticed any difference in mileage with the different tires? Right now i'm running stock wheels and tires off my 2010 and i'm tossing the idea around of running 19.5s. You think it would make much difference to be able to run up to 120psi with a G or H range tire?

yea, the wider tires added a bigger resistance. i ran 19.5 with load F tires and phucking hated it. the truck bounced all over the damn place. unless your towing 25Klbs plus i wouldnt going over a load range E

I removed my shroud and ziptied the coolant and washer fluid to the radiator. Almost in the same spot the washer fluid and coolant were before.

gotcha, might do that this weekend. i need to figure out a way to get more heat into the engine. im going to fab up some grill block off plates.

so i have a question for you.....running no fan and new stock thermostat. my truck does not get over 160*, unless it sits idle for about 20-30 minutes than it goes up to 190.

That's about where my truck runs but I'm all stock, cycles between 180-150. Block off radiator/grille, plumb intake to pick up air from engine bay...????

alot of lowend power. i can drop the rpms down to 1200 and cruise around 55mpg without the charger hating me and little to no haze. i havent had a chance to do any long distance traveling yet. but spool up is alot better than my H2 and it for sure change the exhaust note